Which UFC hype train did you jump on that eventually crashed and burned?

Eric Silva LOL

He looked dynamic and tough as hell. Got cheated out of a win by the ref in his second UFC fight and then became mediocre.

Joe and I were both heavy on that "machida era steez" after his title win.

Last edited:
Joe and we're both heavy on that "machida era steez" after his title win.
The first UFC PPV I ever watched. UFC 98.
I was just in awe watching Machida strike like that and knocking out the champ cold. I was right there with you man.

<2>

Last edited:
The Karate Hottie. They hyped the fk out of her and did some real heavy promotion due to her greats looks, juggling the life of being a parent and mma fighter, and of course choking out PVZ in the first round. I thought she had a legit chance of tearing through the division and beating JJ, but Thug Rose made us all realize Waterson didn't belong anywhere near a top 5 fighter.

Cro Cop for me was number 1. I just watched him almost punt Wanderlei Silva’s head off and when the UFC signed him I got on a plane with some buddies and saw his first fight at UFC 67 when he fought Eddie Sanchez who looked terrified in there. CC did his thing and then got Gonzaga’d and the rest is history. The other was Todd Duffee and was in Portland for 102 and he steamrolled Hague in 7 seconds and was built like an action figure. Others I was duped along w others here: E Silva, Uriah Hall, Travis Browne, Lombard, Sokodjouand to a lesser extent even thiugh is still successful, Cody Garbrandt, I thought he’d run division for awhile

By sherdog standards no.. by my standards.. ngannou.. thought hed be champ by now

Shane Carwin. We were on the 'dog arguing about if his glove size was bigger than Brock's. He was supposed to drop sledgehammers on Brock and expose him. He did, for one round, then he turned into a tomato after one round and got arm triangled.

"Houston Alexander is for real!"
- Joe Rogan

can you believe I actually thought Tarec could win against Rory lmao. embarrassing in hindsight.
Tarec had all the tools to be elite. I still cannot believe he's as bad as he is

Original member of the JTWW, the very first WarWagon

I still love JT though

Mark Munoz, then Weidman happened

Jimmy Hettes. Still not sure where he went
This. He looked like the next Damian Maia. At 25 years old and a purple belt he completely dismantled that well rounded black belt who's name isn't coming to me at the moment. He looked like a grappling phenom.

Then he took two bad losses and quit fighting. Too bad.

Hendrix and weedman off the top of my head.
Both became champion, and Weidman defended his belt 3x. Plus he's still a top contender. That's not exactly a failed hype train. He could be champ again in a year if he beats Rockhold.

You could say Rockhold is a bigger bust considering he was KOd by Bisping for his first defense, and Yoel destroyed his chin two fights later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back