Which UFC hype train did you jump on that eventually crashed and burned?

Erick Silva-the guy had so much talent but could never put it together in a high level fight or at least he couldn't find the win when he was so close, like he was against Brown and Fitch.
Hector Lombard-looked good but always found a way to lose
James te Huna-I thought he had a lot of talent and was going to KO shogun and Glover, I was so wrong.
Travis Browne-the guy used to move like Cruz and then Edmond completely fucked up his savage and effective style.
Brian Stann-had some hype but he wasn't really anything more than a brawler

Erick Silva-the guy had so much talent but could never put it together in a high level fight or at least he couldn't find the win when he was so close, like he was against Brown and Fitch.
Hector Lombard-looked good but always found a way to lose
James te Huna-I thought he had a lot of talent and was going to KO shogun and Glover, I was so wrong.
Travis Browne-the guy used to move like Cruz and then Edmond completely fucked up his savage and effective style.
Brian Stann-had some hype but he wasn't really anything more than a brawler
I really wanted Stann to beat Bisping

<2>

If I'm being serious my answer is Diego Brandao. That guy had some absolutely savage kos but ended up shooting off a gun in a club

I don't jump on many after Todd Duffee. I have more fun rooting against them. I still think Will Brooks was just very unlucky, but he will win PFLs million

I guess you could say im on Zabit's train but it hasnt crashed yet.

ROF was an awesome promotion a while back. They held events in Denver, most at the Broomfield Event Center. You could get tickets for $45 and sit 20 feet from the cage and be in rows 1 or 2 everytime. Got to see great talent before they were in the UFC...Cerrone, Thatch, Shane Carwin, Brandon Schaub, Cat Zingano, Justin Gaethje, Chidi Njokuani, Eliot Marshall...I am sure there are more that I am missing...
Damm dude that's legit talent you got to see before they hit the big stage.
Shane Carwin... His power was on a different level.

Cool story. Thanks for sharing.

I thought Houston Alexander was for real.

I thought Houston Alexander was for real.
It's all good man. Rogan did too.

giphy.gif

random one but back in the day I was really hoping Drew McFedries would really get his footing as a dominant fighter. He really was just a brawling slugger, looking back

remember how hard that dude punched?

drew-mcfedries_jordan-radev.gif

10ifhax.jpg

Jumped all on the Tarec Saffiedine wagon when he got signed and unfortunately he is probably the biggest bust/waste of talent in modern UFC history.

He came into the UFC at age 26 already the strikeforce champ, BJJ blackbelt, well rounded striking, and he trained at multiple high level camps. He was a UFC champ in the making (or at least a consistent contender)

Most of his performances he has been super gun shy and half the time he doesn't even look like he even wants to be in the octagon in his fights. 5 years since he signed and he has 2 decision wins against non top 25 fighters.

Colossal disappointment

can you believe I actually thought Tarec could win against Rory lmao. embarrassing in hindsight.

The hair, the body, the face, the jawline, the grappling, the streak, going forward insatiably landing bombs, the Jon Jones level questionable wraps, The olympic pedigree...

xThuWs1znOkNvsC6kw.gif

Lando aint done by a long shot. Only 25 and just developing. He may be done but the potential is there. JackWink is a cesspool now and he may need a camp change.

Will Brooks
I still don't know WTH happened

Jimmi Hettes- The first time I saw that guy fight I was like 'this dude is future champ'. Man was I wrong.

Uncle Creepy - Was the number one flyweight for a while and had the personality to bring relevance to UFC's new 125 division but sadly it wasnt meant to be. So many injuries , flip flopping with wins and losses , and mainly a string of bad luck. Really thought he was gonna be something.

Hatsu Hioki - The number 2 featherweight at one point , was beating everyone in Japan and had a dominating win over Sandro when that meant something. Came over , had won his first 2 then turns down a title shot and proceeds to lose his next UFC fights. Just had a pretty bad KO not too long ago post UFC .

Diego Nunes - Looked like a legit prospect and had a fun style . Sadly wasnt meant to be , really liked seeing this guy fight in the WEC.

even goats hype trains eventually crash------------------------------------------------ i boarded the eric silva train

None.

Probably Jon Jones, but he cleaned the division and achieved a lot, that is until he got busted by coke and roids and run over pregnant ladies.

Back