Which series has been butchered worse - Aliens, or Star Wars, or Terminator?

Which SciFi movie series became 'the worst' of the three?

• Total voters
Wow, what a question. I think I'm going to kill myself.

I think the proper answer is - whichever one you loved the most.

I love the Alien series so much, that I think Alien 3 is good. Then, I believe, I think... did I really see resurrected Ripley playing basketball?

How the fuck can you get any dumber than that? It's a slam dunk argument. ALIEN done got butchered.

tumblr_maa9dhgU2E1qjutm4o1_500.gif

Dude, the Engineers and David originally designed the Xenomorph to compete against the Golden State Warriors. Of course a cloned gene spliced Ripley is going to be able to dunk.

I really like PROMETHEUS and COVENANT. I feel like Ridley Scott is redoing a lot of previous moments, but just with cleaner execution. I think it's the only franchise I've enjoyed where all the films are meant to be downers. These last two films have reminded me of the Dark Horse comics/horror anthology feel.

Aliens-Salvation.jpg

RESURRECTION is the weakest of the bunch, not counting the VS PREDATOR off-branch -- but it's got some fun moments despite its lack of discipline.

Star Wars.

#NotMyLuke

Die Hard could be an addition to this competition.

Die hard, Die hard 2, W a Vengance were all good. Then

giphy.gif

It doesn't always go over too well with everyone, but I didn't really think too highly of Die Hard 3 either. Where I would say Die Hard 4 managed to surpass low expectations, for me Die Hard 3 fell way short of some justifiably high expectations.

It managed to shed itself almost completely of the claustrophobia of the first two films, no longer had McClane working as a lone wolf against the system but instead had him backed up by a giant team of fellow cops that I was never able to take seriously, and I wasn't really a fan of Hans Gruber's brother giving McClane an hour of mad libs and SAT questions.

Top that off by McClane (just blind luck) stumbling into a partner who just so happens to be an expert in SAT questions (hey why not) and then once again stumbling (just blind luck) into some shlub construction worker who just so happens to be a prodigious historian of the city's construction on par with Denzel Washington from The Bone Collector (hey why not) and...

Meh, whatever. I've done all this before a few times. Could have been worse but far from a classic.

Thats a good question. I didnt get to see The Last jedi yet,so ill have to watch that one to answer this question.

I thought Die Hard 2 was pretty lame, 3 though was excellent imo. Anything after that is the fucking bullocks. The villain in part 4 the dude from Justified was the lamest cuck villain ever.

Wow. I think the virtue signaling (among many, many other problems) in the new Star Wars films makes Star Wars the worst, but Terminator is certainly an honorable mention. I don't think Aliens can touch the other two on disappointment because it is not as beloved a franchise and didn't set as a high bar (despite how likable the first couple films were).

What's hillarious is that Terminator 1-2, Alien 1-3, and Star Wars 4-6 had badass female lead characters who were done the right way.

Proper empowerment that didn't come by way of or at the expense of other characters or the story

What's hillarious is that Terminator 1-2, Alien 1-3, and Star Wars 4-6 had badass female lead characters who were done the right way.

Proper empowerment that didn't come by way of or at the expense of other characters or the story
It wasn't forced bullshit. It was organic. Although, I wasn't a fan of Sarah Connor's "men like you" speech in T2.

As someone who stood in line for two hours to see the very FIRST Star Wars back in what '77? I can say the series devolved into dismal shit.

Toss up between Star Wars and Terminator for me. Think I gotta go with Star Wars.

this ^^^ is the correct answer. I'm sure @Myrddin Wild will agree. Right @Cuel And Lewk @Clippy ? @Eusung
I'm a bit too busy for your bullsh*t atm.

I'm about to call out the Marvel Elitists who have been dissing TLJ for the last year & a half while their flagship End Game fell flat as fook. Will be interesting to see if any of them are talking sense, or just spitballing excuses.

I voted Alien because I never was a SW fan to begin with.

Resurrection and the AVP movies were crap.

Prometheus and Covenant were messed up. First they wanted Prometheus to be a prequel. Then they didn't. Then they flip-flopped on that decision and made Covenant in an attempt to tie the movies up to Alien. The result is a series of nonsensical prequels which messed up the franchise more than SW episodes 1-3 did.

Wow, what a question. I think I'm going to kill myself.

I think the proper answer is - whichever one you loved the most.

I love the Alien series so much, that I think Alien 3 is good. Then, I believe, I think... did I really see resurrected Ripley playing basketball?

How the fuck can you get any dumber than that? It's a slam dunk argument. ALIEN done got butchered.

tumblr_maa9dhgU2E1qjutm4o1_500.gif

Alien 3 IS good.

Being a woman IS a superpower in itself you misogynist Trump voting Russian bot.

Alien 3 IS good.

It's okay. They never should have gone with that script in the first place, much less tied the director's hands the entire way through. It's a minor miracle that it ended up being decent.

Last edited:
lolz @ arguing about imdb ratings as if it's some sort of reliable metric.

they even admitted to manipulating the ratings.
No, they didn't. They have always weighted scores.

Are you so basic you don't understand what that means?

It wasn't forced bullshit. It was organic. Although, I wasn't a fan of Sarah Connor's "men like you" speech in T2.

It was fine, she went off on a random emotionally charged tangent.... That never happens in real life...

The best part was her getting called out on it.

It's okay. They never should have gone with that script in the first place, much less tied the director's hands the entire way through. It's a minor miracle that it ended up being decent.

I didn't like that they just killed off Newt and Bishop at the start and ended with the human Bishop turning up.

But I thought the plot was pretty good especially with how they tried to defeat the alien unarmed using the prison tunnel network. And it was the only movie in the franchise (outside of AVP) where they defeated the alien without sucking it into the vacuum of space.

Back