Which series has been butchered worse - Aliens, or Star Wars, or Terminator?

Which SciFi movie series became 'the worst' of the three?

• Total voters
They all have and it didn't have to be that way

Arnold got old. Father time is undefeated. They should have left Terminator alone imo.

I hated Alien 3 when I first watched it, the ending was unacceptable. But after revisiting it recently I have turned a page, it holds up better than I expected.

Even though I enjoyed The Phantom Menace it didn't need to be brought back. Luke and co should have lived happily ever after in peace, partying with the Ewoks.

Voted for Alien, the mystery surrounding the Xenomorphs is dead now.

Well, Episode 9 may be the worst, but that is just one film. Otherwise, Disney has done an extraordinary job with the universe across all the content (side movies, animated shows, comics, books, video games).

Meanwhile, the Terminator franchise hasn't turned in a good film since T2. The Sarah Connor Chronicles is the only good thing to come out of that universe since 1992.

I voted Alien, because the first two were such monumental classics. The potential is so great, and yet the proceeding movies were so disappointingly mediocre and uninspired.
For Star wars, I loved the first 3, because I was a kid back then. Anything with spaceships, aliens or monsters was exciting for me then. But, I can't watch them now. As an adult, they are far too childish and silly to enjoy. I tried watching some of the later ones, but they bored me rigid. But I guess if I was 8, I'd like them.

Disney Star Wars retroactively destroyed the original trilogy ...

I don't think they could have destroyed Star Wars more if they tried, honestly.

All three have been destroyed but SW much more so because it’s aimed at the young and adults whereas Alien and Terminator franchises are very much aimed at adults.

I voted “Terminator”.

“Alien” franchise had a good run before f:cking off on a Predator-crossover-cashgrab, and now trying to steer the ship back with “Prometheus” and the other new one (name escapes me).

“Star Wars” had a horrible detour with the prequels, but the most recent films, while not original or great, are still in keeping with the overall ideas of the classics.

“Terminator” has gone to crap.

Star wars and it's not even up for debate.

When you alienate life long fans so badly they dont even show up to watch the origin story of one of your most iconic and beloved characters, you f*ked up big time.

Star Wars

Both terminator and Aliens were massively popular but they can’t touch the footnote in history Star Wars left the world. Star Wars is on another level from just about anything else. It holds an extremely important place in pop culture. It even transcends it. It’s like the Beatles of movies.

The “just about” comes in the form of the MCU, particularly Infinity War and Endgame. That’s this generations Star Wars. It’s cultural impact is massive. If you were 10 when iron man came out you’re now 21. You grew up with these people.

So yeah Star Wars was sitting on a slam dunk, they were getting the band back together and they completely dropped the ball. You literally had Luke Skywalker in the palm of your hand with today’s SFX and you made him sit around. Bad move.

Terminator and it's not even close. We got 2 epic movies and the rest have been steaming piles of horse shit(except Salvation, which I thought was decent, suck it!)

Alien I thought Alien Resurrection and Prometheus was good. Covenant was the only real turd unless I'm forgetting something.

The latest Star Wars movie was retarded but the others were ok.

Could have thrown Predator in there that one is up there with Terminator.

I'd agree Terminator has been the worst, nothing after the original two films has had much to recommend it, very average films that add nothing to the franchise beyond fucking around with its continuity. That said I'v never seen the Sarah Conor TV series which seems well thought of.

Starwars I think has the benefit of Rogue One being a genuinely good film plus whatever its flaws at least Sith was somewhat interesting plot wise.

Alien I actually think the films after third have been more frustrating than actually bad, most of them have something to recommend them(unless you count the "vs Predator" films) even if there quite flawed.

Personally though I think if they want to carry on Terminator or Alien(or indeed Predator) they need to reboot. A lot of what holds this films back is that there both looking to sell themselves on but are also weighed down by this extended mythology. The original films were cinema with a relatively simply sci fi concept not weighed down by the same kind of geekery, they needed to sell themselves their quality alone. I mean whats wrong with this, stuff like The Thing and Invasion of the Body Snatchers were reboots/remakes, so long as you add something to it(i.e. not shitty low rent modern horror, keep the hack filmmakers who produce this well away) I'v no problem with this happening.

Last edited:
Terminator and it's not even close. We got 2 epic movies and the rest have been steaming piles of horse shit(except Salvation, which I thought was decent, suck it!)

Alien I thought Alien Resurrection and Prometheus was good. Covenant was the only real turd unless I'm forgetting something.

The latest Star Wars movie was retarded but the others were ok.

Could have thrown Predator in there that one is up there with Terminator.
Exactly. Let's get a bit more objective. I'll list IMDb ratings.

Star Wars
  • (8.6) Star Wars
  • (8.7) Empire Strikes Back
  • (8.3) Return of the Jedi
  • (6.5) A Phantom Menace
  • (6.6) Attack of the Clones
  • (7.6) Revenge of the Sith
  • (8.0) The Force Awakens
  • (7.8) Rogue One
  • (7.2) The Last Jedi
  • (7.0) Solo

Terminator
  • (8.2) The Terminator
  • (8.5) T2: Judgment Day
  • (6.3) Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
  • (6.9) Terminator: Salvation
  • (6.4) Terminator: Genisys

Alien
  • (8.5) Alien
  • (8.4) Aliens
  • (6.4) Alien 3
  • (6.2) Alien: Resurrection
  • (7.0) Prometheus
  • (6.4) Alien: Covenant
*I'm ignoring the Alien vs. Predator movies since I consider those part of the Predator universe.

The only crime IMDb voters committed, here, is ranking The Last Jedi higher than Solo.

Exactly. Let's get a bit more objective. I'll list IMDb ratings.

Star Wars
  • (8.6) Star Wars
  • (8.7) Empire Strikes Back
  • (8.3) Return of the Jedi
  • (6.5) A Phantom Menace
  • (6.6) Attack of the Clones
  • (7.6) Revenge of the Sith
  • (8.0) The Force Awakens
  • (7.8) Rogue One
  • (7.2) The Last Jedi
  • (7.0) Solo

Terminator
  • (8.2) The Terminator
  • (8.5) T2: Judgment Day
  • (6.3) Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
  • (6.9) Terminator: Salvation
  • (6.4) Terminator: Genisys

Alien
  • (8.5) Alien
  • (8.4) Aliens
  • (6.4) Alien 3
  • (6.2) Alien: Resurrection
  • (7.0) Prometheus
  • (6.4) Alien: Covenant
*I'm ignoring the Alien vs. Predator movies since I consider those part of the Predator universe.

The only crime IMDb voters committed, here, is ranking The Last Jedi higher than Solo.

IMDB scores mean shit.

Looking at them, you wouldn't think the new Star Wars films are actually that bad. There's plenty of sheep, lemmings, SJW's, and .... wait for it ........ cucks who believe that the new Star Wars shitshows are amazing movies that empower women, embrace diversity, and challenge toxic masculinity.

IMDB scores mean shit.

Looking at them, you wouldn't think the new Star Wars films are actually that bad. There's plenty of sheep, lemmings, SJW's, and .... wait for it ........ cucks who believe that the new Star Wars shitshows are amazing movies that empower women, embrace diversity, and challenge toxic masculinity.
<TrumpWrong1>

IMDb is the greatest egalitarian thermometer we have ever devised. Like it or not this isn't Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic, which have been caught manipulating methodology, aggregating critical reviews that are better characterized and blogs, and can be shown to grossly inflate votes for movies carrying a particular agenda, but IMDb is about the collective, and quite simply, your opinion isn't the only one that has value. We've seen some conspicuous vote campaigns to hurt or help movies, specifically during the box office runs, but ultimately, those melt away, and have little effect on the enduring score.

<TrumpWrong1>

IMDb is the greatest egalitarian thermometer we have ever devised. Like it or not this isn't Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic, which have been caught manipulating methodology, aggregating critical reviews that are better characterized and blogs, and can be shown to grossly inflate votes for movies carrying a particular agenda, but IMDb is about the collective, and quite simply, your opinion isn't the only one that has value. We've seen some conspicuous vote campaigns to hurt or help movies, specifically during the box office runs, but ultimately, those melt away, and have little effect on the enduring score.

It's an okay indicator, if you want to quickly check whether a movie is good or not. I'm not arguing against that.

However, one of its drawbacks is "the lemming effect". Like, I don't know in what fuck up parallel universe is a piece of vapid Hollywood propaganda that doesn't make sense even within its own lore - ie : The Last Jedi - is rated higher than a film like Mandy.

It's an okay indicator, if you want to quickly check whether a movie is good or not. I'm not arguing against that.

However, one of its drawbacks is "the lemming effect". Like, I don't know in what fuck up parallel universe is a piece of vapid Hollywood propaganda that doesn't make sense even within its own lore - ie : The Last Jedi - is rated higher than a film like Mandy.
You seem to overlook that the "lemming effect: isn't bound to any one point of view. Those who use the language you do about SJW's are their own flock. They go in and raid with 1's, to greater proportional detriment, than those who blanket with 10's.

They are also just numbers. There is what Siskel and Ebert called their "sliding ruler". They didn't judge all movies by the same ruler. They judged movies according to their ambitions. Not every story is trying to be Hamlet, but did a story succeed at the story it was trying to tell? This is how movies like Toy Story can be ranked, appropriately, alongside movies like The Godfather.

Everyone is upset at The Last Jedi, and I understand that, but they overlook the fact that the other movies leading up to that were great successes. The Force Awakens is a tremendous homage film. Rogue One and Solo were good movies. Revenge of the Sith was a good movie. Even if the episodes before it weren't the umbrella myth that Lucas crafted was fantastic. We saw that fleshed out properly in the animated series Clone Wars. That's the potential everyone is angry that Disney is squandering now.

What has Terminator done right since the second movie? Nothing. There's been no bright spots.

You seem to overlook that the "lemming effect: isn't bound to any one point of view. Those who use the language you do about SJW's are their own flock. They go in and raid with 1's, to greater proportional detriment, than those who blanket with 10's.

They are also just numbers. There is what Siskel and Ebert called their "sliding ruler". They didn't judge all movies by the same ruler. They judged movies according to their ambitions. Not every story is trying to be Hamlet, but did a story succeed at the story it was trying to tell? This is how movies like Toy Story can be ranked, appropriately, alongside movies like The Godfather.

Everyone is upset at The Last Jedi, and I understand that, but they overlook the fact that the other movies leading up to that were great successes. The Force Awakens is a tremendous homage film. Rogue One and Solo were good movies. Revenge of the Sith was a good movie. Even if the episodes before it weren't the umbrella myth that Lucas crafted was fantastic. We saw that fleshed out properly in the animated series Clone Wars. That's the potential everyone is angry that Disney is squandering now.

What has Terminator done right since the second movie? Nothing. There's been no bright spots.

Terminator doesn't have the same cultural value as Star Wars. As it surely has been pointed out before, Star Wars is a big deal. It's a groundbreaking film that defined an entire generation of moviegoers.

Whereas you could dismiss a bad Terminator or Alien film as just another bad movie, messing with star wars and reducing it to clichés about multiculturalism, diversity, and all negative stereotypes associated with Hollywood's elite shoving an agenda down your throat with the subtletly of a ten ton hammer repeatedly bashing through your skull ... that's much more than a bad movie. That's messing with your childhood, desecrating a holy place, and rebuilding something very cheap in its stead.

I didn't get the part where you lump me along with people who raid with 1's or 10's or whatever, and I thought that was unnecessary. Just because I am critical of the obvious political agenda being fed to us by Hollywood, which is ruining potentially great films, doesn't mean I belong to the other extreme end of that spectrum.

IMDB scores mean shit.

While I dont necessarily agree with the verbiage, I do agree with the sentiment. The idea that TLJ is 7.0 and above is a testament to that fact... it shouldnt be higher than Solo for one, and a mid 6 at best is generous. Its score is only a result of the rabid defense of "womyn power" to combat those totally real and not at all made up misogynist Russian bots.

Back