Which series has been butchered worse - Aliens, or Star Wars, or Terminator?

Which SciFi movie series became 'the worst' of the three?

• Total voters

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
MV5BM2YxYmFjYWMtMzBmMC00MTVmLThhMjUtYWU5Yzg2OGQwZjE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR87,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Alien series -
Alien (1979) AWESOME
Aliens (1986) AWESOME
Alien3 (1993) Meh
Alien Resurrection (1997) Absolute shit.
Alien VS Predator (2004) ......
Alien VS Predator Requiem (2007) .....
Prometheus (2012)
Alien Covenant (2017)

latest

Star Wars series -
Ep4 A New Hope (1977) AWESOME
Ep5 Empire Strikes Back (1980) AWESOME
Ep6 Return of the Jedi (1983) AWESOME
Ep1 The Phantom Menace (1999) WTF
Ep2 Attack of the Clones (2002) WTF
Ep3 Revenge of the Sith (2005) Mixed Opinions
Ep7 Force Awakens (2015) Mixed Opinions
Rogue One (2016) Moderately Good
Ep8 Last Jedi (2017) WTF
Solo (2018) Moderately Good (From what I hear).

11170313_922916591107808_3937476716611035439_o.jpg

Terminator series -
Terminator (1983) AWESOME
Terminator 2 (1991) AWESOME
Terminator 3 (2003) WTF
Terminator Salvation (2008) WTF/Moderately Good
Terminator Genisys (2016)

These are the three greatest SciFi movie series of all time. Both started out strong with two or three awesome movies. Both went to complete shit with the sequels (And prequels), with the 'best' entries after the originals considered to be either moderately good (at best) or have mixed opinions among fans.

Which movie series would you say became the shittiest?

Note - This is a discussion about the movies exclusively. So 'The videogames made Star Wars awesome,' or 'The books.....' and 'The TV show....' are irrelevant.

Note - Picked out the pics of the movie posters to represent the worst movies of each series based on the reception of the fanbase.

Never got into the alien franchise after the 2nd film.

I dont take the terminator movies serious after T2, I just enjoy Arnold while I can.

Not a fan of star wars but the outrage they create is endless

Terminator

Star Wars has never been that good and is way too overrated. What they did with T3, T4 and T5 was absolute dog shit compared to what we got before.

Oh boy...

Well, Alien I suppose has held up the best, which is to say it has been subjected to marginally less extreme humiliation by everything after the second film. I find it pretty easy to ignore the existence of the AVP movies altogether. That said, remove Terminator and Star Wars from existence and it would itself probably be the most butchered and bastardized franchise in existence.

As to Star Wars versus The Terminator.

Nothing after Terminator 2 should exist. Terminator 3 and 5 are pure sodomizing humiliations of the franchise, and 4 is just a forgettable bastard redhead of a Terminator film.

Nothing after Return of the Jedi really should exist, which puts us at, I think, seven films of varying degrees of franchise sodomy. You could say about four of the films are passable, but one thing you can say for Terminator 3 to 5 is that, bad as they may be, none of them are actually a treatise against the Terminator franchise itself. The Last Jedi is literally Rian Johnson's essay about how shitty Star Wars is.

Until TLJ I would have said The Terminator has been raped the worst, but right now I'd probably call it a photofinish.

Terminator got gaped one too many times in the last 25 years.

You dare even include terminator in that group? ugh

I stopped watching the Terminator franchise after the third movie. (Though I did enjoy the Sarah Conner Chronicles TV show.)

I quit watching Star Wars after the prequel trilogy. (Though I did watch and enjoy Rogue One.).

I quit watching the Aliens movies after the 4th one.

So for me, it took three movies for the Terminator franchise to get unwatchably bad whereas the Alien franchise took four movies. I would have quit Star Wars at Episode 1, but kept watching because it was a trilogy and I did like Rogue One (and plan on watching the Han Solo film at some point).

So not knowing how bad the last set of movies are, Terminator, Alien and then Star Wars.

star wars. they keeping churning out all these stories and they just get worse and worse.
at least the xenomorphs are cool to look at, same with the terminators

You should included the DCEU to that list.
Worse than SW IMO.

DCEU are in a separate genre - Comic Book / Superhero movies.

If the new X-Men movie is horrible, a poll between X-Men films and DCEU films would be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back