Which series has been butchered worse - Aliens, or Star Wars, or Terminator?

Which SciFi movie series became 'the worst' of the three?

• Total voters
I enjoyed the AVP movies.

The blonde in part 2 make me happy in pants.

007AVP_Kristen_Hager_002.jpg

007AVP_Kristen_Hager_001.jpg

Worst part is most people keep going to see them so these cunts still keep pushing them out

Episode 1 and 2 and 3 are good. Star wars fans who hate it need to then reevaluate their thinking. How can films from the creator of a series they love be shit?

He invented it. If you think it is crap then maybe the series to begin with isnt good. Star wars is semi corny. The fact people have spent 2 decades hating on all that comes out but claiming the best was 3 in the late 1970s and early 80s.

Han solo is good. Rogue one is great. The other 2 garbage but i didnt see Last genocide

Episode 1 and 2 and 3 are good. Star wars fans who hate it need to then reevaluate their thinking. How can films from the creator of a series they love be shit?

He invented it. If you think it is crap then maybe the series to begin with isnt good. Star wars is semi corny. The fact people have spent 2 decades hating on all that comes out but claiming the best was 3 dilms in the late 1970s and early 80s.

I agree 100%

If you don't like the prequels, you dont like Star Wars

The Last Jebait was one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen in my life. For that, Star Wars.

I agree 100%

If you don't like the prequels, you dont like Star Wars

They introduced so many new characters and the most important of all Anakin. I never followed the Animated clone wars closely but that looked good. And that really explained his transformation and history between Episode 2 and 3. Shame a movie in between was not made.

Today it woule be ruined by Disney with sjw stuff and anti male and female superiority among with jabs at anything percieved as right wing. Despite the fact that Republic itself was right wing leaning and the Jedi were monks.

MV5BM2YxYmFjYWMtMzBmMC00MTVmLThhMjUtYWU5Yzg2OGQwZjE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR87,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Alien series -
Alien (1979) AWESOME
Aliens (1986) AWESOME
Alien3 (1993) Meh
Alien Resurrection (1997) Absolute shit.
Alien VS Predator (2004) ......
Alien VS Predator Requiem (2007) .....
Prometheus (2012)
Alien Covenant (2017)

latest

Star Wars series -
Ep4 A New Hope (1977) AWESOME
Ep5 Empire Strikes Back (1980) AWESOME
Ep6 Return of the Jedi (1983) AWESOME
Ep1 The Phantom Menace (1999) WTF
Ep2 Attack of the Clones (2002) WTF
Ep3 Revenge of the Sith (2005) Mixed Opinions
Ep7 Force Awakens (2015) Mixed Opinions
Rogue One (2016) Moderately Good
Ep8 Last Jedi (2017) WTF
Solo (2018) Moderately Good (From what I hear).

11170313_922916591107808_3937476716611035439_o.jpg

Terminator series -
Terminator (1983) AWESOME
Terminator 2 (1991) AWESOME
Terminator 3 (2003) WTF
Terminator Salvation (2008) WTF/Moderately Good
Terminator Genisys (2016)

These are the three greatest SciFi movie series of all time. Both started out strong with two or three awesome movies. Both went to complete shit with the sequels (And prequels), with the 'best' entries after the originals considered to be either moderately good (at best) or have mixed opinions among fans.

Which movie series would you say became the shittiest?

Note - This is a discussion about the movies exclusively. So 'The videogames made Star Wars awesome,' or 'The books.....' and 'The TV show....' are irrelevant.

Note - Picked out the pics of the movie posters to represent the worst movies of each series based on the reception of the fanbase.

Solo actually felt like a Star Wars movie. You should check it out.

Star Wars, and it's not close. I'm not even a massive fan of the og trilogy, but go back and watch Empire Strikes Back then compare it to the contrived, inconsistent, swiss cheese plot of The Last Jedi and you'll see how far this franchise has fallen.

He invented it. If you think it is crap then maybe the series to begin with isnt good. Star wars is semi corny. The fact people have spent 2 decades hating on all that comes out but claiming the best was 3 in the late 1970s and early 80s.

That isn't particularly sound reasoning.

It would also mandate that people enjoy Prometheus / Alien: Covenant and Highlander 2.

It would exempt Rocky 5 from criticism (the identical writing and directing tandem to Rocky 1 for the only other time in the series).

George Lucas made three good movies. Then he made three bad to okay movies. It happens. In fact, it's a lot more likely than making six winners in a row.

They introduced so many new characters and the most important of all Anakin.

They introduced TOO many new characters. We were never given any idea who Dooku or General Grievous were. Mace "we better hurry now walk slowly" Windu sucked.

Yeah it introduced Anakin, but produced damn near the most underwhelming Anakin that could even be imagined. Nobody would have even considered anything as weak as "spinning that's a good trick" Anakin, followed by "I don't like sand" Anakin and the least convincing romance since... Not since anything. Ever perhaps.

Yeah, finally Anakin (who cares, just leave your mother in slavery) started getting kind of interesting in the third movie but man, was it ever a long and tedious road there.

Star Wars at the very least built a story with continuity throughout, regardless of what you think of each episode.

Alien 4 was woeful, but Prometheus was a good story, at least it had some weight to it. Covenant was ridiculously bad

Terminator told the entire story, T2 could be a stand alone action movie. Salvation was a decent back story, but everything else was horrific.

Personally I think Terminator has been bastardized the worse

Rian Johnson’s Anal raping of SW was the first time in history a man was raped in the ass so bad he was impregnated, thats how bad the anal rape was.

Whatever the answer is now, it will eventually be Star Wars because there's no way in Hell Disney stops making those movies.

For the record I picked Terminator. Time travel enables a multitude of sins.

Terminator Salvation "moderately good"

giphy.gif

Star Wars has had one bad movie since the prequels. Admittedly, it was a doozey. I feel like the Terminator films tried to be good. Just ultimately came up short. Aliens went into WTF category, though.

So you could still get my interest in a Star Wars or Terminator movie (a definite maybe on the latter), but I hear anything about Alien and I just shrug.

Voted for Star Wars because they wasted a tremendous amount of potential for the franchise when they decided to bring back the original old actors to reprise their iconic roles and just sweep them away. The best option they could have done was recast the main roles for younger actors and continue the beloved characters' adventures a few years after Return of the Jedi.

Plus, Rian Johnson single-handedly destroyed Star Wars with The Last Jedi.

Back