• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Which restaurant cooks the best steak?

Ruth Chris’ was my fathers favorite. I’m not a big steak guy though honestly.

My girlfriend is though so we go to the keg a decent amount. I just get salmon usually.

Bob's steak and chop house.

But I prefer to grill my own.

Had a lot

im in the i cook its better at home camp

Its even worse now with inflation. the cuts of meat arent what they used to be and the price is higher

Where doesnt matter. Cut of the meat and the expertise of the chef matters.

For me its a chef that i work for every once in awhile at private multi-course dinners.

Back in 2010?

The Seattle Airport Hilton.

Get it topped with Dungeness crab and thank me later.

Cracker barrel. Steak and eggs. I can cook it better at home

Can't go wrong with the Old 96er.
steak-large.gif

The acropolis in Portland, Oregon. Good steak with a great view

As long as they have ketchup and A1 sauce for my steak it's all good.

The Knife in Dallas and The Butcher Table in Seattle were the best steaks I've had, with or without ketchup

Johnny Hendricks' restaurant also made steaks that were 70% to perfection

348s.jpg
"Pigg Rigg's Beef Milanesa"

Years ago I had a phenomenal steak at Lowrys in LA

honorable mention goes to Morton’s steak house

both are superb in my experience

It could be a mainstream restaurant or could be something local from your city.

I'd say for me The Keg, considering it was the most recent. It was perfectly cooked medium rare.

Medium-Rare-Steak.jpg
The Keg is my go to steakhouse, if I have to go out, has great bread as well. I love their steak spice.

I prefer steak at home really. I get a couple of striploin cuts from my local butcher and sprinkle the key spice on each side before searing. I'll make steak sandwiches from the leftovers the next day (always save enough), heating it up in a frying pan with some butter and garlic powder mixed together. I use these baguette bagels and mix mayo with some siracha for the topping, it's magic every time.
large_528d86ae-4791-4eca-afc3-388014e8f272.png

Ruths Chris Steak House. Never had anything like it. Before that it was The Keg.

I’ve had the ribeye at Felix on Abbott Kinney which is the spot Rogan claims is the best steak he’s ever had. I’d say that was the best I’ve seen a steak cooked.

There’s a place called APL out here where I had a dry aged steak I want to say was a 100 days or so, maybe maybe personal fav because I like the beefy funk.

Can’t remember the last time I ordered a filet. Not enough beef flavor. Like to taste the grass the cow ate in it’s rendered fat.

Last edited:
There's this small mom and pops joint by my house that serves the best steaks. Used to go all the time decades ago, but haven't been in forever. I'm trying to remember what it was called...

Oh, yeah. Denny's.
idk if you're joking or not
but Denny's steak is pretty good for the price

when I was bulking I would eat the steak and eggs for brinner drowning in tapatio or cholula

that always hit the spot

Burns Steakhouse in Tampa

I went there for my retirement dinner. I thought it was ok. I can see it for an overall experience sort of thing. I thought the creamed spinach was great. Locally, I think Charley's prepares a better steak.

I went there for my retirement dinner. I thought it was ok. I can see it for an overall experience sort of thing. I thought the creamed spinach was great. Locally, I think Charley's prepares a better steak.

I went about 15-16 years ago, I thought it was great. To be fair I haven't been to many 'quality' steakhouses though, so I'm not sure how it compares to somewhere like Lugers NYC

Back