• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Which restaurant cooks the best steak?

lol damn near every city ha a Left Bank restaurant.

French sure can work a flank/skirt steak but hard to compare to a legit marbled rib
I used to purely be a fillet person, I enjoy cheaper cuts now and on the bias skirt is delicious. My mum would blanch at me eating it with chips but they do really nice chips.

I used to purely be a fillet person, I enjoy cheaper cuts now and on the bias skirt is delicious. My mum would blanch at me eating it with chips but they do really nice chips.
I switched to Fillet as it is the healthiest cut. I am trying to save myself a little fat but its still delicious. I love skirt but I usually only get that at Mexican or Central American spots. They do it grand.

I love a good steak frite for lunch

I heand Applebee's makes a good steak outta a plastic bag

Even though I can appreciate a high end steak I also have no problem eating a steak well done with ketchup if I'm being honest. When I was a kid my grandma use to broil sirloin steak well done with onions. I would eat it with rice and ketchup and always enjoyed it. Best steak I ever had was probably in Japan though. A5 Wagyu at a one of the famous Michelln star steakhouses in Tokyo. We were going to do a day trip to Kobe and eat at one of the famous steakhouse there, but ended up not going.

I love a good steak frite for lunch
I didn't know Left Bank was such a chain place, I have 3 here in The Bay but didn't know it was everywhere. I still like it, the cocktails are nice, the food is really good. My one's also in the Beverly Hills of San Jose so the plastic fantastic people watching with little tiny dwarf dogs is fun.

If a chain resturant I say Capitol Grille.

Imo the greatest I have eaten is Gene and Georgettis in Chicago.

But really I like the steaks I make on my grill better

do you remember the steakpit?

first tiem I went there i order a G&T to start and they brought me out the gin on ice and a glass of tonic. I was like "huh?" and the server said "we like to offer diners the choice of how much tonic you want, some people really like to taste the gin".

I guess I was/am not a gin lover b/c not sure i'd enjoy a gin with very little tonic.

OMG - the Steak pit! Yes I remember it, never ate there. The other classic Avenue Rd place was the Lobster Trap, never ate there either. My spot was the Bistro for chicken wings. The area has changed just a bit since I was a kid - LOL.

For you Michiganders, anyone ever eat at Knight's steak house on Main street in Ann Arbor?

19th Hole in Tres Pinos Ca just south of San Jose. They cook the steaks over oak wood. Tres Pinos is a very small town built on farming. There is a lot of cattle ranches out there. Hwy 25 is absolutely gorgeous in the winter and spring after everything turns green
Screenshot_20220921-144927_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220921-144919_Gallery.jpg

No pics but local place called the diplomat is probably the best. Where I live.

Michael Jordan's steakhouse. Hands down in Chicago. The mignon...

I didn't know Left Bank was such a chain place, I have 3 here in The Bay but didn't know it was everywhere. I still like it, the cocktails are nice, the food is really good. My one's also in the Beverly Hills of San Jose so the plastic fantastic people watching with little tiny dwarf dogs is fun.

its not a chain, rather just a very popular french name/location to use. kind of like adding the word Texas beofre a restaurant like Texas Ray's or Texas BBQ Hut

I've rarely ordered steak at the same place twice

I mostly cook it myself because it's always good.

While at restaurants I've paid $70 for bbq sauce covered crap or the best steak I've ever had.

Anyone that eats steak with ketchup should be flogged deeply, as well as well done.....how dare you ruin a fine steak like that sirs.

There's this small mom and pops joint by my house that serves the best steaks. Used to go all the time decades ago, but haven't been in forever. I'm trying to remember what it was called...

Oh, yeah. Denny's.

Anyone that eats steak with ketchup should be flogged deeply, as well as well done.....how dare you ruin a fine steak like that sirs.
Stop being such a snob, bro.

Back