Which president would you be most honored to meet?

Theodore Roosevelt. Obviously.

Dude hunted down thieves in rowboats in freezing weather, captured them and read Tolstoy on the ride back, all in an evening's work. Got shot and finished his speech.

Boxed and wrestled until he was an old man, spoke English, French, German and had knowledge in others. Wrote nearly 50 books, dozens of articles...went to Harvard then worked as a legitimate Cowboy, went on an expedition through the Amazon when he was pushing 60, joined the military when he was near 40 and won the Medal of Honor and then later won a Nobel peace prize.

A conservationist, a progressive, and got the Panama Canal built.

A bad motherfucker.

FDR would be second choice. Clinton and W would be cool, not because I'm a fan, but I'm fairly sure they could get me some high end hookers and pharmaceutical grade coke.

Horse teeth Washington bores me, honestly. The slave rapist Jefferson even worse. Lincoln as well, honestly. Does he really look like a good time? Jackson was an ornery old racist cunt. JFK was a dipshit who has been mythologized. Reagen was a senile old coot.

Just looking for some opinions. No particular agenda - just wondering who fascinates the War Room more.

Who would you be more honored, interested, or curious to meet and have lunch with?

1) Barack Obama or George W. Bush?
2) FDR or Ronald Reagan?
3) George Washington or Abraham Lincoln?

Just curious.

Bonus question: Who would you rather get smashed drunk with - Bill or Hillary Clinton?

Obama
Reagan
Lincoln

I'm partying with W, break out the lines!!!!!!

1. Man who was active in the only two world wars we've had (and hopefully will only have)
versus
2. Man who won without war

Sorry, but the first is more interesting to me.
Yeah u change my mind f Reagan

Obama
FDR
Lincoln

All easy choices for me.

Why would anyone want to meet Obama over others.

An afternoon of stink eye from Michelle, bad beer and convofrom Obama, with that annoying cadence of his, and wicked juju sent from that bobble head Sharpton for taking away his BFF. No thanks.

An inconsistent president all over the map on issues who will be revered for being the first black guy.

Yeah u change my mind f Reagan
I don't want to minimize Reagan. I have bitterly conflicting feelings about him, some of them on a personal level I'm not comfortable sharing publicly. But ProfessorX... I mean, FDR? The man who was part of both world wars, the Great Depression, and the Dust Bowl? The man who was as close to a king as America ever got? Yeah, I want to talk to that man. FDR was an amazing President. Far from perfect, but a great man overall.

Plus, WWII is the most fascinating time in human history IMO, and I relish any chance I get at firsthand experience of that time period. There's an eye doctor very close to the town where I live who actually served in WWII and was at Iwo Jima during one of the most iconic memories in American history. He brought my dad his glasses, and we discussed that time period for a bit. When I heard he was at Iwo Jima, I craved to know even more about it. How many people in 2010 had that opportunity to get firsthand knowledge of one of the most important battles in human history? I kept prying and prying, but I realized he was very coy in his answers. He had mentioned how they wanted him to come back for the 75th anniversary of the battle, but he had seen enough of those black sands in his life that he never wanted to go back there. It didn't take me long to realize my romanticized view of the battle was extremely naive. He didn't want to talk about it because he was there, watching his friends get slaughtered and the sheer inhumanity of war. It was quite a macro experience that has affected me to this day. I can't express how much I wanted to hear him drone on about his experience there, but he didn't want to relive the hell he faced on that island. It woke me up. Seeing your friends die such brutal deaths stays with a person for a lifetime.

Anyway, sorry for the novel. I would love to speak with someone who was open about WWII experiences. I'm still fascinated by that time period.

1) Wouldn't want to meet either one.
2) Reagan by far.
3) Washington. If I met Lincoln I think I'd shoot him again just to make sure.

Getting drunk with Bill Clinton could be fun. Getting drunk with Hitlery has zero chance of being fun.

Ofcourse you'd say Andrew "Trail of Tears" jackson, considered to be one of the most racist presidents of all time, especially in an era when everyone was racist :p
Indians were like Muslim refugees only worse.

Back