Which Halloween Movies do you Consider Canon?

I just want to let everyone know I despise the masks from Halloween H20 (part 7) and part 8. when you can see Michael's eyes throughout the whole movie it sucks.

Also this how MM should look without his mask. We just got a brief glimpse of the actors face in H1.

That actor only was used for the unmasking scene, the shape was played by a different guy for most of the movie.

Carpenter was the fucking man. I think he might be underrated, too. Everyone talks about Craven when he only struck gold with Nightmare on Elm Street. Carpenter's premium horror was Halloween and The Thing, but The Fog, In The Mouth of Madness, and Vampires also kicked ass.

Last edited:
I just want to let everyone know I despise the masks from Halloween H20 (part 7) and part 8. when you can see Michael's eyes throughout the whole movie it sucks.

Couldn't agree more. Seeing Michael's eyes humanizes him too much. The scariest thing is when you CANT relate to him. Ala blacked out eyes:

giphy.gif

MichaelMyersSchool.jpg

Kinda would have liked to see where they could have taken it if they'd stuck with the original idea of each "Halloween" movie as a stand-alone movie. Meaning, with each movie, a different bad-guy, not just michael myers over and over again.

You see it with part 3.

Same mask. Different actor. The head shape of the actor is the only difference

Its weird they look different just from the shapes of the head of the actor , I always tought they were different masks.

I always tought this look was sooo cool.

2012-10-28-halloween_2.jpg

arrow-halloween2.jpg

That and the bathing nurse tits are the things I always remember from this movie.

I don't know about canon but I thoroughly enjoy the first, second, Season of the Witch, and H20.

Everything else is varying shades of okay to horrible. Resurrection is the nadir in my mind. Just trash. Curse of Michael Myers is almost as bad. Though that whole Druid curse thing is fun for some lulz I guess. Plus pretty amusing that that is Rudds first movie.

The first film holds up phenomenally well. Watched it this Halloween and it is such a classic. Pretty much every slasher film owes a debt to that movie.

If we are talking horror franchise to horror franchise I still think Halloween has the highest highs.

It's lows are pretty low though.

Interestingly I remember in a thread on such matters people seemed to favor the Friday the 13th series overall over Halloween and Nightmare. I don't see it. But maybe it's just cause I always found Myers to be much more scary and effective than Voorhees and Freddy was great- even as he descended into comedic shenanigans.

Its weird they look different just from the shapes of the head of the actor , I always tought they were different masks.

I always tought this look was sooo cool.

2012-10-28-halloween_2.jpg

arrow-halloween2.jpg

That and the bathing nurse tits are the things I always remember from this movie.

I always remember how they're in the darkest hospital ever. They couldn't afford lights???

I can tell you the ones I don't consider anything. Both of Rob Zombie's dreck and Halloween Resurrection. Those three can go fuck themselves.

The rest I can live with.

But that's sad, because that means we haven't had even a remotely decent Halloween film since fucking 1998! When is the drought gonna end and when are we going to get the real Michael back?!

I didn't mind the first Zombie movie so much.

The second- I was thinking- what the fuck am I watching. Why is Michael Myers aka Sabertoooth with a mountain man beard, walking around the woods with the fucking mask off. I don't remember much else though suffice it to say, I didn't like it at all.

Carpenter was the fucking man. I think he might be underrated, too. Everyone talks about Craven when he only struck gold with Nightmare on Elm Street. Carpenter's premium horror was Halloween and The Thing, but The Fog, In The Mouth of Madness, and Vampires also kicked ass.

Looks dumb

79634-24039.jpg

Looks gay with those eyebrows

h8-mask.jpeg

If we are talking horror franchise to horror franchise I still think Halloween has the highest highs.

It's lows are pretty low though.

Interestingly I remember in a thread on such matters people seemed to favor the Friday the 13th series overall over Halloween and Nightmare. I don't see it. But maybe it's just cause I always found Myers to be much more scary and effective than Voorhees and Freddy was great- even as he descended into comedic shenanigans.

While Friday movies can be mediocre, they make up with the gore , tits and from part 6 onwards 80s horror-comedy blend, other than Jason goes to hell and Jason X, they really never try to push the concept to different direction or subplots so it never becomes offensively bad.

While Friday movies can be mediocre, they make up with the gore , tits and from part 6 onwards 80s horror-comedy blend, other than Jason goes to hell and Jason X, they really never try to push the concept to different direction or subplots so it never becomes offensively bad.

Well said.

I'm still pissed there was never a Michael vs Jason film made wit hthe classic Michael and Jason.

Michael vs Jason

Freddy vs Pinhead

...are the two Vs films I really wanted.

I say they're all canon. You don't make a fucking movie, much less three of them, and then back track years later and say they didn't count, that's garbage.

Jamie Lloyd happened. Laurie Strode had her, gave her up, changed her name, Michael had mental issues and was controlled by the cult, the whole cult thing and Thorn was a crock of shit, Mike killed all of the Thorn people and then resumed searching for his sister. Where his and Jamie's baby ended up, no one knows.

Kinda would have liked to see where they could have taken it if they'd stuck with the original idea of each "Halloween" movie as a stand-alone movie. Meaning, with each movie, a different bad-guy, not just michael myers over and over again.

Me too. The anthology idea would have worked on so many levels. It would have been easy to come up with ideas based around that holiday.

I've brought it up many times over the years around here, but Carpenter's original idea for H4 would have been way more interesting than what we actually received. How the town of Haddonfield evolved due to the '63 and '78 murders by Myers, how the town is "haunted" by him even though he was really dead, etc.

The older I get, the less and less I like this series. When I was young, I was loyal and held this series above all others. Now though I believe that really other than the first 3 (yes, Season of the Witch too), that the series is very poor.

That said, the original is still my all-time favorite film, even if it is extremely flawed on in technical level, in hindsight.

I re-watched H20 last night and i think it's very underrated. It's kind of slow but it's a good movie. I don't love the mask used in it, but i don't hate it.

hmm interesting. h20 tried too hard to capitalize on the success scream had and failed. tho i did like the ending i kind of called it when i was talking about it in some aol chatroom that he had swapped bodies. turns out i was right.

resurrection was just horrible.

I strongly doubt when H20 was made that they intended for anybody to think that he had switched the bodies. I think they wanted to make a real ending to the story and did, then ruined it to make a shitty sequel.

H20 was also successful at the box office and IMO was a pretty good movie. It wasn't Scream successful but it was more than say "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was trying to ride Scream's coattails.

I strongly doubt when H20 was made that they intended for anybody to think that he had switched the bodies. I think they wanted to make a real ending to the story and did, then ruined it to make a shitty sequel.

H20 was also successful at the box office and IMO was a pretty good movie. It wasn't Scream successful but it was more than say "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was trying to ride Scream's coattails.

im not saying thats what they intended but for some of us it kind of made sense.

IKWYDLS was a better book than movie. BUT the film had JLH tits in it so i cant complain

Me too. The anthology idea would have worked on so many levels. It would have been easy to come up with ideas based around that holiday.

I've brought it up many times over the years around here, but Carpenter's original idea for H4 would have been way more interesting than what we actually received. How the town of Haddonfield evolved due to the '63 and '78 murders by Myers, how the town is "haunted" by him even though he was really dead, etc.

The older I get, the less and less I like this series. When I was young, I was loyal and held this series above all others. Now though I believe that really other than the first 3 (yes, Season of the Witch too), that the series is very poor.

That said, the original is still my all-time favorite film, even if it is extremely flawed on in technical level, in hindsight.

what?!? c'mon bobby. that intro is a work of magic. hell even the one cut in it is very subtle and you really dont notice it until youre actually looking for it

Back