Which Halloween Movies do you Consider Canon?

I hated the way Michael looked in 6. It just looked so cheap to me.

For me, the mask is just amazing. I love it dearly. It is head and shoulders my favorite of the entire franchise. It's just so scary, ominous, angry, spooky looking. Way meaner than anything else before or since.

5873_3.jpg

halloween-6-the-curse-of-michael-myers-440373l.jpg

What does "consider canon" mean? good?

For me, the mask is just amazing. I love it dearly. It is head and shoulders my favorite of the entire franchise. It's just so scary, ominous, angry, spooky looking. Way meaner than anything else before or since.

5873_3.jpg

halloween-6-the-curse-of-michael-myers-440373l.jpg

My favorite look for him is 1 and 2. 4 and 5 was an awkward look, maybe it's the jumpsuit in 6 that bugs me.

What does "consider canon" mean? good?

a general law, rule, principle, or criterion by which something is judged.
"the appointment violated the canons of fair play and equal opportunity"
synonyms: principle, rule, law, tenet, precept; More
standard, convention, criterion, measure
"the canons of fair play and equal opportunity"

a church decree or law.
"a set of ecclesiastical canons"
synonyms: law, decree, edict, statute, dictate, decretal
"a set of ecclesiastical canons"

a collection or list of sacred books accepted as genuine.
"the formation of the biblical canon"

Did the producers cut of 6 ever get a proper release?

Huge fan and have the blu-ray set. Some reason I hold the mask for 5 dear to my heart.

2 is honestly better then one I think.

The mask from 1 and 2 are incredible to me. I love the human but not-quite human look to it with the emotionless face. It's really unique and it just has something special about it. I also like how for the most part, every time you saw the mask, it was an out of focus shot or dimly lit. You very rarely caught a good glimpse of it with full lighting.

From 4-9, they completely missed the point. It looks like just some random guy went to the store, bought a Halloween mask and is playing Michael Myers. They just look like cheap knock-offs to the original and none of the actors had a presence to them.

Michael is a creeper and a peeping tom. He's not Jason Vorhees. Keep him in the shadows and out of the light and the mask as vague as possible

It got officially released on Blu-ray last year and is in high definition. It's a better movie than the theatrical for sure but it still has a lot of goofy stuff in it and Paul Rudd is absolutely horrible. Still way more interesting than H20 and Resurrection to me.

The mask from 1 and 2 are incredible to me.

I love the music and atmosphere of 2. If i watch it late at night still gives me the creeps. I'm 27 lol. I have a fan edit of all the alternate takes of tv and what not on dvd......it's fucking amazing

i remember watching the prodcuers cut of 6 back when i d/led it on modem. leaps and bounds better than the theatrical imo

Yes. Looks good. Though I still like the T-Cut better. Of course, from a story perspective the T-Cut makes no sense, but I love the climax in the insane asylum at the end. Just such a spooky location. And I liked how he wasn't controled by anyone. P-Cut he is.

As for masks:

H6: Favorite/Best of them all
H1: Classic/Near perfect
H4: The look has grown a lot on me.

HII: Ok, but not great. Although it's the same mask as used in H1, Warlock's face was too fat and made the mask look fat.

H20: 4 different masks were used. Two were ok, the other two were crap.

H5: Really funky looking mask overall. The face is just weird and the hair is all slicked back.

RZH: Two different masks, not much a fan of either.

HR: Awful
RZH2: Awful

Last edited:
Favorite mask is the original, based on a William Shatner mask.

383f5288e50887a88ca6f661441dd2ff39a83c43.jpg

halloween-kirk-mask-7-johnnybisco-636px.gif

I hate the mask from 6 and I dont know exactly why, I think is how big the ears look. Also not a fan of bulk MM, thast Laetherface/Jason look.

images

Halloween-6.jpg

Also this how MM should look without his mask. We just got a brief glimpse of the actors face in H1.

bgcarpnmorn.jpg

That actor only was used for the unmasking scene, the shape was played by a different guy for most of the movie.

Halloween-Nick-Castle-with-Mask.jpg

Halloween 1
Halloween 2
Halloween H20

Pretty much it.

Favorite mask is the original, based on a William Shatner mask.

383f5288e50887a88ca6f661441dd2ff39a83c43.jpg

halloween-kirk-mask-7-johnnybisco-636px.gif

I hate the mask from 6 and I dont know exactly why, I think is how big the ears look. Also not a fan of bulk MM, thast Laetherface/Jason look.

images

Halloween-6.jpg

1 is my second favorite but I've always liked Halloween 2 mask the best. Very Menacing.

hII81029.jpg

I can tell you the ones I don't consider anything. Both of Rob Zombie's dreck and Halloween Resurrection. Those three can go fuck themselves.

The rest I can live with.

But that's sad, because that means we haven't had even a remotely decent Halloween film since fucking 1998! When is the drought gonna end and when are we going to get the real Michael back?!

The HII mask was good. I just wish they would have kept the same guy from H1. Nick Castle was bomb.

Back