Which Halloween Movies do you Consider Canon?

CardonaLJ**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So i've been rewatching the Halloween series and remember when H20 was released that the intent was that everything that happened in 4-6 never happened.

So I come to you guys, my fellow sherbros. Do you consider 4-6 being canon or do you think it goes 1,2,h20, resurrection?

1 and 2 and it ends there. 1 if you really want be hardcore about it since part 2 was a new director and Carpenter/Hill only had minor involvement and only did it to fund another movie.

H20 tries to ignore the previous movies but the story is terrible, the mask is awful and it doesn't feel like a Halloween movie. I did like the ending though.

I'd break them down into separate entries as follows:

1-2
4-5
7-8

Kinda would have liked to see where they could have taken it if they'd stuck with the original idea of each "Halloween" movie as a stand-alone movie. Meaning, with each movie, a different bad-guy, not just michael myers over and over again.

I agree with Senzo. 1 and 2, and that's pushing it.

Agree with Dizzy...

hmm interesting. h20 tried too hard to capitalize on the success scream had and failed. tho i did like the ending i kind of called it when i was talking about it in some aol chatroom that he had swapped bodies. turns out i was right.

resurrection was just horrible.

Kinda would have liked to see where they could have taken it if they'd stuck with the original idea of each "Halloween" movie as a stand-alone movie. Meaning, with each movie, a different bad-guy, not just michael myers over and over again.

This.

I enjoyed Halloween 3 and thought it was a great idea.

After finding out that in the original, there was no "this is Myers' sister" crap. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and he went after her.

The lore of Myers got dumber as the sequels rolled on. It was bad enough that he is said to have come back specifically to kill Laurie, a sister he somehow knew he had while locked in the loony bin.

After finding out that in the original, there was no "this is Myers' sister" crap. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and he went after her.

The lore of Myers got dumber as the sequels rolled on. It was bad enough that he is said to have come back specifically to kill Laurie, a sister he somehow knew he had while locked in the loony bin.

there were flashbacks that laurie had while medicated of visiting someone in the second

What's cool about Halloween is it's really just the story of a psycho that escaped a ward, went back home and just happened to run into Laurie as she was delivering a key to his old house. After that, he stalks her and her friends until he kills them all but her. No rhyme, no reason.

She wasn't written in as his sister until the 2nd movie. It's a nice twist but it's actually makes part 1 creepier knowing it was just wrong place wrong time and that he can't be stopped. I still love the ending too with just random shots of different places with the sound of Michael breathing. Evil is everywhere.

Anyway, as far as part 3, it's one of my favorites. I actually like the Halloween series from best to worst in the order they came out. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. They just kept getting worse and worse.

As long as you go in with an open mind, 3 is a really fun movie with a great atmosphere, even better soundtrack and an interesting story. I would have loved for them to keep up the tradition with a new Halloween story every October. Trick R' Treat might be doing exactly that if they can ever get the sequel funded.

1 and 2. I didn't mind H20, it could be like an alternate ending to the Michael/Laurie story.

there were flashbacks that laurie had while medicated of visiting someone in the second

The first one didn't have the "killer seeking his sister" angle. That was introduced in Halloween 2. I am saying it was better in the first when Myers was just this force of murderous psycho that went after whoever came across his path. Laurie just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The sister angle was introduced in the second and that's when they started to give Myers a backstory which started to make him less scary.

H20 didn't really explain how Myers found Laurie again. It was like he just suddenly had Laurie radar. Even if H20 ignored parts 4-6, they still don't explain how Myers overcame being shot in both eyes and blown up. Did his eyes heal by themselves over 20 years?

The first 3 for sure, yet I would also include each of the movies that featured Donald Pleasence.

The only ones I hate are HR and RZH2. I love HIII.

But otherwise, I like H1, HII, H4 as the main trilogy.

H5 took all the potential of H4 and ruined it.

H6 was trippy and not very good from a story perspective, but from everything else, it was great. Atmospheric as fuck. Best mask of the whole series.

H20 was ok. Michael was turned into a pussy, and I hated the ending, but otherwise, it wasn't terrible.

RZH was meh. Not good at all, but not the absolute worse of the series (HR/RZH2)

H1,H2,H20,H4...

For me it's the original two followed by H20, those three movies are quality filmmaking. Besides H20(part 7) the only sequel I really liked was part 4. IMO the other movies are fairly dumb and not worth addressing, Zombie should never direct another Halloween..

I consider two canons.

-The original alone.

-1, 2, 4, 5, 6 (theatrical cut and tv/extended cut). It's film canon that this is the original series, H:20 and Resurrection are an offshoot.

The only ones I hate are HR and RZH2. I love HIII.

But otherwise, I like H1, HII, H4 as the main trilogy.

H5 took all the potential of H4 and ruined it.

H6 was trippy and not very good from a story perspective, but from everything else, it was great. Atmospheric as fuck. Best mask of the whole series.

H20 was ok. Michael was turned into a pussy, and I hated the ending, but otherwise, it wasn't terrible.

RZH was meh. Not good at all, but not the absolute worse of the series (HR/RZH2)

I hated the way Michael looked in 6. It just looked so cheap to me.

Only the first one is the real for me (and 3 since that doesnt mess with the other, even if it shows H1 as a movie in theaters).

Then I have my goofy alternate continuity were all of them exist in the same timelime.

Laurie faked her death and leave her daughter to start a new life (cause she was crazy in the head). There maybe plotholes but none bigger than Michael and Loomis surviving the explosion in part 2.

What funny is Michael wins in the end, he kills Jamie and Loomis in 6 and Laurie in 8.

Back