Which GOAT had the worst career ending?

Considering all the outside bullshit and getting knocked out by drunks in streets fights, BJ had the toughest fall. Though BJ was only in LW-GOAT discussion for me. Fedor still gets a win everynow and then but fights old has-beens. Anderson is losing to the Cannoniers and Adesanyas of the world so its kinda hard to decide between the two.

BJ, than Mr. T-rex arms after him. "Choo choo mudder*******"

I understand what your saying I thought u were a new fan who don’t know shot about penn all they know is a guy who knows how to lose, but not the ducking savage who was making his opps squirt blood and him licking them off him blood thirsty vampire.
The Joe Daddy fight was basically a snuff film. BJ also had balls of steel fighting Lyoto at HW.
I did unfortunately start watching right around when BJ lost the belt but I have watched the majority of his career.

Well the ending to Penns career, has been so bad that most people dont even bring him up amongst the greats anymore. That is quite Some way to fall, when he used to be in everyones GOAT list back in the day.
Agree...BJ by far. The ko by some bum was the icing on the cake.

BJ no question, Fedor & Anderson still had moments in their late age that reminded us of their greatness and their losses were pretty respectable. Fedor beat the piss out of some respectable (but old vets) & Anderson fought some of the best right to the end and remained competitive with all of them. BJ got beaten convincingly everytime and lost to guys older guys like Siver & Guida were at their very best, were fringe contenders. Furthermore, both Fedor & Anderson seem to be in a good place, where BJ is apparently dealing with mental health struggles & has been documented getting into street fights, even being on the receiving end of an ass kicking.

Anderson Silva has only "won" one fight in the last 8 years, which was a controversial decision victory. Officially he is 1-7-1 in his last 9 fights, with 4 of the 7 losses by TKO or KO.

Fedor Emelianenko went 8-5 in his last 13 fights (to date) after being undefeated for 10 years. However one of those decision wins is highly contested, and Fedor was finished in all of his losses after never being truly finished before.

BJ Penn lost 7 straight, and only won 1 of his last 11 fights. Penn hasn't won a fight in almost 10 years (Nov 20, 2010). Penn has been finished 3 times in this span.

Am I forgetting anyone? I feel like Fedor doesn't seem so bad compared to BJ and Silva.
Lidell maybe.

Silva, it is sad to see his fall. And it started in a brutal fashion against Weidman.

Penn's fall is worse but I never considered him anywhere near any kind of GOAT ranking to begin with.

I was waiting for someone to mention her. Amazed it took this long. Remember, she was once not only the GOAT MMA fighter, but the GOAT pro athlete in all of human history, period. :cool:

She went from finishing all her opponents in under a minute to getting KOd, the infamous Pillow Moment, suffering a beating that made the KO loss seem like a light sparring session, and then out of the sport forever, not even wanting anyone to bring up that she was ever in it to begin with.

I still think Penn's downfall is worse but come on people, Ronda's at least in the top 3.

Silva, it is sad to see his fall. And it started in a brutal fashion against Weidman.

Penn's fall is worse but I never considered him anywhere near any kind of GOAT ranking to begin with.

I have said this many times and will say it again: Weidman and Holm were specifically put on this world to end the GOAT reigns of Silva and Rousey. That was their one purpose in this lifetime, and after they filled it neither of them has done anything of significance since.

Kinda tired of the word GOAT. Its lost all meaning if every damn fighter is a GOAT.

Yea everyone who wins a belt nowadays is in "GOAT conversation". The word loses its meaning.

But Fedor, silva and even penn have earned that status at least in their weight classes. I think penn had the worst finish of all to his career. Its also been the hardest to watch.

giphy.gif

/thread i guess
giphy.gif

The Joe Daddy fight was basically a snuff film. BJ also had balls of steel fighting Lyoto at HW.
I did unfortunately start watching right around when BJ lost the belt but I have watched the majority of his career.
I use to watch pro wrestling as a kid and ufc would come on spike tv same as TNA wrestling, for the longest time I thought ufc was pro wrestling until I seen BJ squirt blood out of Stevenson and knew right away this shit is not fake fighting.

Well the ending to Penns career, has been so bad that most people dont even bring him up amongst the greats anymore. That is quite Some way to fall, when he used to be in everyones GOAT list back in the day.

I would say Penn too. It really fell to pieces while he should of been in the prime. It was pretty clear that he wasn't best by any clear margin.

Silva has been competitive while admitting his days of being champion were behind me. While I get it looks bad record wise the reality is he just enjoys fighting. I would put Fedor in the same boat.

Since most fighting careers end badly, there are lots of choices (assuming a very loose definition of GOAT)

At the end, Penn was pathetic inside & outside of the cage. Don’t forget the USADA suspension either

Rousey completely collapsed mentally after a loss. It was bizarre. She had obviously lost judo fights before. I don’t recall a champ shattering like glass like that before

Not a GOAT, but Wandy, being the legend he is, and seeing him fall from grace in the MMA world is sad.

Back