Which GOAT had the worst career ending?

Khabib and GSP. They retired to avoid toughter opposition.
Anderson, Fedor and BJ fell down fighting like men.

I recall GSP winning that fight, and Hendricks going onto have one of the worst declines of a fighter yet....
Honestly Gsp got a gift. Gsp got his ass kicked in that fight, so let’s be honest here.

Penn hands down. From a guy who was in the GOAT discussion to a guy who got KOd outside a bar by some fat random. The first loss to Edgar just started a downward spiral and I remember thinking it was a bullshit decision.

Seeing that weird tip toes upright style looking so ugly in the rematch was beyond sad. Skillset wise he was light years ahead of his time.

People who didn’t see his prime forget just how good he was. The boxing, the TDD the sub game he had it all. One of the most talented fighters MMA has ever seen.

giphy.gif

/thread i guess
I fucking hate that gif. What a sad ending to a beautiful career - wasted drunk in a parking lot fighting about worthless shit and getting koed by some other shit stain on this planet. Brutal

Fedor doesn't even belong on that list, he is still winning despite being shot to hell and 43 years old.

Anderson, bj and some could argue Gsp lol

Anderson Silva has only "won" one fight in the last 8 years, which was a controversial decision victory. Officially he is 1-7-1 in his last 9 fights, with 4 of the 7 losses by TKO or KO.

Fedor Emelianenko went 8-5 in his last 13 fights (to date) after being undefeated for 10 years. However one of those decision wins is highly contested, and Fedor was finished in all of his losses after never being truly finished before.

BJ Penn lost 7 straight, and only won 1 of his last 11 fights. Penn hasn't won a fight in almost 10 years (Nov 20, 2010). Penn has been finished 3 times in this span.

Am I forgetting anyone? I feel like Fedor doesn't seem so bad compared to BJ and Silva.

In terms of injuries, I think Silva had it worst at the end of his career.

In terms of losing their image, I think BJ Penn had it worst when he got KO'd by some random dude in a street fight.

Fedor's downslide was bad in terms of how he fell from the top of the MMA mountain, but he hasn't sustain the kind of injuries like Silva or losing his image like BJ Peen has.

Fedor doesn't even belong on that list, he is still winning despite being shot to hell and 43 years old.

Anderson, bj and some could argue Gsp lol

GSP did pretty well among the GOATs so far. Came back from retirement to get an easy payday against Bisping, and then went back to enjoying his life.

Chuck. At one point he was in goat contention. Everyone was a hl reel ko, which he was on the wrong end of

But out of those id say fedor, he probably fell the furthest imo

penn was never GOAT worthy. the epitome of an overachiever.

Penn isn't a goat. Legend sure, but he's not even the best in his division's history

It wasnt unanimous but the majority of ppl considered BW the LW GOAT a couple years ago at least, and definitely if you go years back than that

If GSP doesn't come back against Bisping, his retirement following the Hendricks fight looks pretty bad.

But, obviously, it's BJ.
As bad as Silva losing the title, then the rematch, butsted for PED's, then winning one(very questionable) fight in like 8. So GSP going out on a win(yes he won that fight against Hendricks, I even scored it for him after rewatching it) People are idiots. GSP won all his fights except for 2 and they were early in his career. But bc he doesn't want CTE and people always seem to forget how much time he was rehabbing on all the surgeries he had. Also a sad Fedor losing everyone of his loses toward the end of his career by stoppage isn't worse, GTFO

Penn is not a GOAT.

And I'm surprised no one is mentioning Aldo, he fell pretty hard too.

After the Conor loss he still had 3 of the best performances of his career against Frankie who he shut out and Frankie was in purime form heading into it with the run he was on. As well as the TKOs of Moicano and Jeremy. He lost to Max and Volk who are easily the top 2 FWs but he was competitive with Max and even up 2-0 in the 1st fight.,

When he dropped down many thought he beat Moraes who was the #1 contender. Against Yan who is the best BW in the world currently Aldo was 2-2 going into the 5th round. He got stopped but he was competitive again. Not like hes getting blown out. And hes fighting the best competition too

Back