Which do you prefer out of one punch KO's and volume fighters?

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is an incredibly hard one to answer for me as of course we all love that one punch KO that comes out of no where, it's kind of jaw dropping moments when it happens but at the same time I absolutely love seeing volume punch fighters piecing someone up and giving us a good fight.

For example one of my favourite fighters is Cub Swanson who not only has power but he pieces his opponents up like crazy and always gives us great entertaining fights, look at what he did with Choi and Gracie recently, my absolute favourite fights and I love them.

Max Holloway is another very entertaining fighter who gives us long term fights with lots of high volume less punching power, Wonderboy did recently also with Luque which was brilliant while he pieced him up which is always entertaining.

However there's also nothing more exciting than that killer KO out of nowhere, Ngannou to Overeem for example, Masvidal KO'ing Till and Askren the way he did and whether you love or hate Conor we all love to see when he smashes that KO out of nowhere.

However I think the difference here is when a fighter only has the KO advantage once he/she gets gassed it could be a pretty slower fight after the first or second round where as a volume puncher is used to going the distance.

So when it comes to fights for you which do you prefer, volume fighters or fighters with that random KO?

Volume KO artists

I expected these answers but I'm talking more from which side of the scale do you prefer, saying an average/combination of both is an easy way out haha

I expected these answers but I'm talking more from which side of the scale do you prefer, saying an average/combination of both is an easy way out haha
Then i prefer a clean KO
Or a sub

All Is good as long It does'nt end up in judges hands*

*Funny most of my fav Fedor's fights DID ended like that lol: Nogx2, CC, Herring
But as general rule, fuck Decisions

Last edited:
One punch KO are more exciting, but volume punch KOs are more dominant in a way. You get to see an opponent face look like they don’t even want to be there and have their spirits broken.

a guy who gets 1 hit KOd can say “oh it was a lucky punch I would of won” whereas a guy who gets beat with volume is always a bit more humble

One punch.

I'm not sure, as if those fighters aren't used to going the distance like the volume fighters are they could get gassed if they don't get the KO in early and it becomes a slower fight where as a volume fighter will keep the fight and pace going throughout the fight.

Plus it's always good seeing someone getting pieced up, like Cub with Kron, Wonderboy with Luque recently ... it's good.

I do love the one punk KO's loads, there's nothing better than that jaw dropping moment but I do lean towards seeing them being pieced up with a good fight I reckon.

It is hard though lol

I love a fighter throwing huge volume on an exhausted guy and landing a thousand punches until he gets the tko.

Then i prefer a clean KO
Or a sub

All Is good as long It does'nt end up in judges hands

Yeah, I much prefer it to not go into the judges hands also, if it does I'm fine as long as it's a fair decision but I get what you mean with that.

One punch KO are more exciting, but volume punch KOs are more dominant in a way. You get to see an opponent face look like they don’t even want to be there and have their spirits broken.

a guy who gets 1 hit KOd can say “oh it was a lucky punch I would of won” whereas a guy who gets beat with volume is always a bit more humble

Yeah plus it takes a lot more long term skill, a fighter that just gets in the KO just needs that and that's it.

I think I do lean towards the volume punches with the KO from there (if it goes to judges I'm fine as long as it's a fair decision).

You have always have interesting, well throughout posts. It’s also funny how much you like cub. In a nice kinda way, not hating.

I personally prefer volume punchers. KO artists are cool but I enjoy watching the artwork of a volume puncher. Wonderboy is probably my favorite fighter to watch. Silva is a close second. You could say they both have knockout power, and you’d be right, but I consider them more volume guys.

Will watch Hunto, Francis, and Rumble any day of the week over almost anyone (except for Tony). However, if that fight somehow reaches rounds 3-5, oh boy.

You have always have interesting, well throughout posts. It’s also funny how much you like cub. In a nice kinda way, not hating.

I personally prefer volume punchers. KO artists are cool but I enjoy watching the artwork of a volume puncher. Wonderboy is probably my favorite fighter to watch. Silva is a close second. You could say they both have knockout power, and you’d be right, but I consider them more volume guys.

Haha, thank you dude I appreciate that and nah you didn't come across in a diss kinda way with the Cub thing, it's cool :)

Yeah I think that's what it is for me too plus I like the skill that comes with it, this is no diss to KO artists at all because skill is required there too to get the punch in with the timing and the opening but I feel there's more to it when it comes to a high volume fighter constantly piecing someone up, it's much better.

Luque at the weekend with Wonderboy was great, I like Luque and he put up a great fight with Mike Perry but to see him pieced up like that towards the end of the rounds was wow, I'd much rather see that than him just be KO'd and that's it.

Plus there is also the element of if the guy being pieced up can come back, you get to see the heart they have also which we saw in Luque, Choi etc.. and it's good.

When they get KO'd that's it, I mean I reckon Gregor Gillespie has a lot of heart too but we didn't get to see that with Kevin Lee cause he took him out haha

thousand hand slap ko is just as fun as bomb ko.

You just reminded me of E-Honda lol

5107774-6490006299-3ez4z.gif

Volume all day.

You can win via "strategy" but why not just throw it all on the line Wand style and say here is my best.

eventually youre going to be trapped in a matchup where you are going to have to stand and trade regardless unless youre like some pussy GSP type style. and you better be very accurate and ready.

I like KO artists that still keep working between their power shots. I am not a fan of guys who hold still and throw a haymaker here and there and then do absolutely nothing.

I like both A lot but from an entertainment perspective i've always enjoyed longer fights with lots of strikes thrown and landed so i'd have to say Volume strikers, but the intensity that a 1 punch guy brings cannot be devalued or ignored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back