Which do you prefer out of one punch KO's and volume fighters?

Volume all day.

You can win via "strategy" but why not just throw it all on the line Wand style and say here is my best.

eventually youre going to be trapped in a matchup where you are going to have to stand and trade regardless unless youre like some pussy GSP type style. and you better be very accurate and ready.

Same, I also really like the skill involved in it, for example what we saw with Wonderboy and Luque how Wonderboy really used his skill to piece him up, the same which we saw in Cub and Kron which took a lot of skill, specially to avoid all those TD's too.

Like this here.

It's like if you have a fighter who relies on his KO punch in the first round or so once they don't get that it could be a much slower fight where as these guys who piece them up keep it constantly going.

I like both A lot but from an entertainment perspective i've always enjoyed longer fights with lots of strikes thrown and landed so i'd have to say Volume strikers, but the intensity that a 1 punch guy brings cannot be devalued or ignored.

Yeah same, that is the catch 22 because as much as I do love and prefer the volume puncher kind of fights I do also love those KO moments that make your jaw drop but I do prefer the volume strikers for sure.

It is hard though cause I don't want to dismiss the one punch KO guys too because a lot of skill, precision and timing is involved in that also.

Blasphemy. All of the best fights of all time are pretty much decisions. Hendo/shogun, Jones/gustuffson, ect

Yeah as long as the decisions are fair I don't mind, Cub vs Choi for example I wouldn't have wanted any other way.

Blasphemy. All of the best fights of all time are pretty much decisions. Hendo/shogun, Jones/gustuffson, ect
You're conveniently keeping out the whole part

"Funny most of my fav Fedor's fights DID ended like that lol: Nogx2, CC, Herring
But as general rule, fuck Decisions"

But there you have Jones-Gus1

I find It a legit W for Jones, but Will have generated much less controversy/bullshit with a TKO, Sub or KO

MMA fullest expression is two fighters enter the cage/ring, one force the other to stop fighting

Also more fights should be considered Draw, while at it
An "unfair Draw" will be much less bullshit than some judges given W/L

Last edited:
Volume as a preference.

Max v's almost everyone (but let's go with Ortega) is an inarguable, dominating technical masterclass, it leaves no margin for debate or dispute, clearly Max was the best fighter in the cage and had the whole package, fight iq, technique, skill,will and heart.

One shotters always leave that nagging "what if" what if Overeem had zigged instead or zagging against Francis, what if Aldo had landed first and cleanest and so on.

a one punch ko artist can be a winner, but I think it takes someone with volume and technique to be a goat.

If I take two of the best examples"Ngannou and Holloway.

Watching Ngannou fight is incredibly intense from the walkout. He really keeps me at the edge of seat. But it's also kind of frustrating when the fight is over as soon it started. You feel like you missed the fight.

Watching Holloway, is different. No tension, but you always know you're going to see an awesome fight full of action.

Volume as a preference.

Max v's almost everyone (but let's go with Ortega) is an inarguable, dominating technical masterclass, it leaves no margin for debate or dispute, clearly Max was the best fighter in the cage and had the whole package, fight iq, technique, skill,will and heart.

One shotters always leave that nagging "what if" what if Overeem had zigged instead or zagging against Francis, what if Aldo had landed first and cleanest and so on.

a one punch ko artist can be a winner, but I think it takes someone with volume and technique to be a goat.

Yeah I think you guys have nailed it, this is exactly what it is for me too but as I say I do like the KO artists as it's exciting to see if they will get it but in regards to a preference then it's definitely the high volume fighters for sure.

I think you absolutely nailed it here.

If I take two of the best examples"Ngannou and Holloway.

Watching Ngannou fight is incredibly intense from the walkout. He really keeps me at the edge of seat. But it's also kind of frustrating when the fight is over as soon it started. You feel like you missed the fight.

Watching Holloway, is different. No tension, but you always know you're going to see an awesome fight full of action.

Yeah I'm surprised with the responses actually, in a good way as I expected people to just be saying "KO".

I agree completely, both you guys have nailed this.

Should be a good mix. High volume with enough power to make people fold.

Natty Goat Costa is a pretty good example.

Should be a good mix. High volume with enough power to make people fold.

Natty Goat Costa is a pretty good example.

Yeah but if you had to lean towards one though, that's kind of a given in that sense however when you think about it you have fighters like Max and then fighters like Ngannou for example.

Cub is a guy who has the mixture, he pieces people up and KO's them but if you had to lean towards one side would you prefer the KO artists or the high volume.

It's definitely the high volume thing for me but I do love the KO artists too so it is hard as I don't want to discredit either side but there's something about the high volume that's much better, entertaining, skilful etc.. as opposed to just getting that KO in (of course this takes skill too but you know what I mean).

Same, I also really like the skill involved in it, for example what we saw with Wonderboy and Luque how Wonderboy really used his skill to piece him up, the same which we saw in Cub and Kron which took a lot of skill, specially to avoid all those TD's too.

Like this here.

It's like if you have a fighter who relies on his KO punch in the first round or so once they don't get that it could be a much slower fight where as these guys who piece them up keep it constantly going.

Yeah same, that is the catch 22 because as much as I do love and prefer the volume puncher kind of fights I do also love those KO moments that make your jaw drop but I do prefer the volume strikers for sure.

It is hard though cause I don't want to dismiss the one punch KO guys too because a lot of skill, precision and timing is involved in that also.

Yeah as long as the decisions are fair I don't mind, Cub vs Choi for example I wouldn't have wanted any other way.

Kron just ate non stop body shots with no reaction. Pretty weird. I mean some were liver shots

Kron just ate non stop body shots with no reaction. Pretty weird. I mean some were liver shots

He does that mad breathing technique too doesn't he lol

It's like thin crust vs. deep dish pizza, I like them both! I just want effective and enjoyable pizza and fighting.

So they say. but it still doesn't make much sense does it.

To be honest I don't really know much about it, it's obviously for a reason as I think the Gracie's have been doing it for years but I have no idea lol

It's like thin crust vs. deep dish pizza, I like them both! I just want effective and enjoyable pizza and fighting.

This is true and probably the case for most but if you had to have a preference, lets say for argument sake we took one away?

as long as you add sausage and basil i'm not racist against any pizza

To be fair I'd rather have some chicken tikka and chips ya know haha :D

chicken-tikka-and-chips.jpg

it is hard as I don't want to discredit either side but....

This is in no way a dig at yourself, it's a real struggle these days to say we like or prefer something as automatically it's assumed we have to hate something else in balance, we are left in a constant state of defensive prose whenever replying to a question, sadly seems to be less of the ability to agree to disagree and more of the need to force an opinion upon another.

if i'm going to europe it's all about the weinershnitzel

4560415.jpg

I just had to google that haha

Takeaway jobs are always the best, might not be the healthiest but they're great though when it's been a long day and you just want something to eat.

Chicken Tikka and chips or kebab meat and chips both with a chilli dip of course lol

doner-meat-chips.jpg

Chilli-Dip.jpg

Everyone's going to be getting hungry now lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back