Which do you prefer out of one punch KO's and volume fighters?

This is in no way a dig at yourself, it's a real struggle these days to say we like or prefer something as automatically it's assumed we have to hate something else in balance, we are left in a constant state of defensive prose whenever replying to a question, sadly seems to be less of the ability to agree to disagree and more of the need to force an opinion upon another.

Yeah you are 100% right on that. I do prefer the volume punchers as we know we're gonna get more of a fight, a KO artist might stand around and be slow until they can get the KO and that's it.

Of course not all are like that, some go in and fight non stop but often we see that where as with a volume puncher not only do we know they can go the full rounds if need be but it's more exciting and fast paced, specially when they're piecing them up :)

While I love a massive puncher as well, I find that volume punchers with power make for the best fights. In MMA, my favorite types of these fighters are Justin Gaethje, Masvidal etc.. They put a lot of pressure on their opponents & break them down but they can end it with the right shot too. But, they don't load up looking for one big punch all night long. They let their hands go until they either find it or their opponent is battered. Poirer's does this as well.
I like the same sort of walk-in bangers in boxing as well because that's what kind of fighter I was as an amateur & as a pro. I hit pretty hard but I had to work for my KOs most of the time like a Micky Ward or a Matthew Hilton. I'm not saying that I was anywhere near as good as those guys but my style was like theirs.

While I love a massive puncher as well, I find that volume punchers with power make for the best fights. In MMA, my favorite types of these fighters are Justin Gaethje, Masvidal etc.. They put a lot of pressure on their opponents & break them down but they can end it with the right shot too. But, they don't load up looking for one big punch all night long. They let their hands go until they either find it or their opponent is battered. Poirer's does this as well.
I like the same sort of walk-in bangers in boxing as well because that's what kind of fighter I was as an amateur & as a pro. I hit pretty hard but I had to work for my KOs most of the time like a Micky Ward or a Matthew Hilton. I'm not saying that I was anywhere near as good as those guys but my style was like theirs.

Yeah, I get that completely, I think that's probably the case for most how the combination is the best, it's ideal really and means we can get all sorts of finishes :)

However if it was a case of having to choose between a high volume fighter or someone who just looks for that KO where would you lean to?

For me I'd rather watch a high volume fighter without that KO than a fighter who relies on that KO if you get what I mean :)

Problem with ko artists is that they slow down the pace and circle around trying to find that clean spot. If you put 2 pure ko artists to fight chances are you will have a boring fight

Volume fighters are more entertaining as long they don't turn into point fighting

Problem with ko artists is that they slow down the pace and circle around trying to find that clean spot. If you put 2 pure ko artists to fight chances are you will have a boring fight

Volume fighters are more entertaining as long they don't turn into point fighting

Yeah, you tend to find they go all in more times than not too.

I like fighters that try to hurt there opponents

I like both A lot but from an entertainment perspective i've always enjoyed longer fights with lots of strikes thrown and landed so i'd have to say Volume strikers, but the intensity that a 1 punch guy brings cannot be devalued or ignored.

My sentiments exactly.

I don’t necessarily enjoy 1 punch KO power, but economical punching and accuracy...

Fighters like Machida, Schevchenko, CroCop, Aldo, Thompson, and even McGregor...

They usually throw strikes in low volume, unless they are going in for the kill, and wait for the most opportune moments to let go...

It might not be the most fan friendly style (unless they get the stoppage) but it is beautiful to watch...

I don’t necessarily enjoy 1 punch KO power, but economical punching and accuracy...

Fighters like Machida, Schevchenko, CroCop, Aldo, Thompson, and even McGregor...

They usually throw strikes in low volume, unless they are going in for the kill, and wait for the most opportune moments to let go...

It might not be the most fan friendly style (unless they get the stoppage) but it is beautiful to watch...

Yeah, I think it's more a case of each side of the scale so these in between fighters is ideal for us all but if you compare say Ngannou or Max Holloway from this perspective for example (doesn't necessarily have to be them cause we can always say "Yeah but so and so does so and so" though you get what I mean) :)

Yeah, I get that completely, I think that's probably the case for most how the combination is the best, it's ideal really and means we can get all sorts of finishes :)

However if it was a case of having to choose between a high volume fighter or someone who just looks for that KO where would you lean to?

For me I'd rather watch a high volume fighter without that KO than a fighter who relies on that KO if you get what I mean :)

Same here. They make for better fights.

Kinda hard to answer that one, but i'm most of the times a bit more impressed with a fighter who pieces his opponent up and wins a dominant decision or TKOs hos opponent, than with someone who's one punch KOing opponents, at least when we're talking knockouts in wild exchanges, but i love laser accurate counters like those of Silva back in the day or more recently from Reyes, Rozenstruik and partially Adesanya.

I like both, hard to choose. some one punch KO's can be beautiful and epic though, punches like Brad Kohler vs Judson are beautiful

Volume that ends in a clean KO is always awesome. That’s as dominant as it gets.

Then i prefer a clean KO
Or a sub

All Is good as long It does'nt end up in judges hands*

*Funny most of my fav Fedor's fights DID ended like that lol: Nogx2, CC, Herring
But as general rule, fuck Decisions

so hendo vs shogun 1 and izzy vs kelvin were shit fights because they went to the judges?
you would rather have a ko in round 1 or two in those fights?

knock outs or decisions, they can both give us awesome fights or terribly boring fights

The KO is always better than the tko- and certainly the decision. So, I prefer KO artists. I respect and enjoy Max Holloway's work, but I'd prefer a KO, even from Tank Abbott.

Back