Which hit you the in the past 30 years?

Which celebrity death hit you the hardest in the past 30 years?

• Total voters
Bill Elliott was my fav driver and I only watch sparingly now to watch his son Chase. Also lost interest around the time Earnhardt died.
I liked Bill okay because he was from Georgia just like me, but he was a little too laid back for me. Him and Mark Martin were the type of driver that if they didn't have the car, they wouldn't fight you, they'd just wave you on by.

I hated that shit. With Earnhardt you were going to earn that shit. You weren't just gonna come up on him and get a free pass. You were gonna work your ass off, and he was gonna fight you to death for it. To me, I think that was the right way, because it created a dread in the drivers when they saw you in either mirror, coming or going.

And with Earnhardt there was an added bonus that you couldn't even rough him up to get by, because he was gonna put you in the wall if you did, so not only did drivers have to work their ass off to get by, they had to do it ultra clean, lol.

If a driver even got loose and made accidental contact with Earnhardt they'd have to radio their team and beg them to tell Earnhardt it was an accident, haha.

The opposite was equally funny, which is that with Dale, when he went to pass you, you better just pull a Mark Martin and let him go, because he was gonna rub that right rear fender and send you up the track if you didn't. And if you held him up for any longer than that, the chances you were gonna get spun out or put in the wall increased with every corner.

That's why earlier I said Earnhardt was the kind of man I wanted to be. No quarter given, no quarter asked. Just a real man's man.

151206142321_muammar_gaddafi_950x633_reuters.jpg

_95225503_mediaitem95225500.jpg

1200px-Kim_Jong_il_Portrait-2.jpg

latest

noriega.jpg

Retrato_Oficial_Jorge_Rafael_Videla_1976.jpg

Queen_Elizabeth_II_of_New_Zealand.jpg

Of those listed I'd say Irwin or Cornell . . . Brandon Lee was pretty shocking too.

Yeah. That's such a weird thing to say. Clearly a lack of empathy, or just some zoomer thinking he's edgy.

NASCAR died with Earnhardt. It's not even the same sport anymore. I only pay attention to it because Harvick is still in the game, and to me he is the true successor to Earnhardt, even if he isn't with Childress anymore.

It's a shit sport and when Harvick is done I won't bother watching or even following the sport anymore. I'll just watch old races on YouTube or something.
I don’t really follow racing too much. I know and have watched enough to kinda have an idea of the racers and stuff. What has changed over the years? I am curious more than anything.

If it's recent then probably August Ames. I have a weird superstition that you shouldn't jerk off to the dead or they will haunt you.... Of course it's not real. It's just out of respect for the dead I guess.

Jeffrey Epstein. So many of the most vile human beings alive over the past half century were very happy when they found out that motherfucker was murdered

This would have been a great list to have a top 5, hard to pick one but I went with Steve Irwin.

There's something saddening about the most positive and enthusiastic person I've ever seen dying at such a young age with a young family that makes his passing more upsetting.

Kobe, Princess Diana, Micheal Jackson and Robin Williams would be my top 5.

Reactions: HHJ
in all 30-40 years, no one came forward except those weirdos that kept changing the story. With :eek::eek::eek::eek:s or sex. harrasment of women and similar, after years there is always an abundace of people who say "yeah everyone knew" or people from household start coming forth saying "there was something " weird or whatver. You cannot hide it for decades, impossible.

With Michael NOT ONE person except those 2 kids, brothers? forgot(well their parents first asking for hush money) that despite supposedly assaulted kept coming back, family trying to blackmail him constantly, stories changing. Mind you he was surrounded by kids constantly, remember the homealone Macalkey who spent his childhood there and always defended him and numerous others.
Thats why he was never guilty, he was just weird dude who never had a childhood and wanted to offer it to other kids.
I think he had inappropriate relationships with kids like snuggling them and sleepovers (which could be a crime I'm not sure what the laws are in the states this happened) but I don't feel he had sex with any children.

I don’t really follow racing too much. I know and have watched enough to kinda have an idea of the racers and stuff. What has changed over the years? I am curious more than anything.
The rules changes was the thing that turned fans off. Before it was a year-long points system and whoever had the most points at the end of the year was champion.

NASCAR didn’t like this because everyone usually knew who the champion was going to be about two-thirds into the season, because the best driver hard already built a large enough lead in the points.

They changed the points several times to create a playoff atmosphere where basically anyone wins a race qualifies for the championship round, which is 10 races. The playoffs start with 16 drivers, and every three races the 4 drivers with the lowest points are eliminated.

The last race of the season is basically a sudden death round where the 4 remaining drivers compete for the title, and whoever wins it (or has the best finish) wins the title.

The original system was more boring but the best driver always one. They new system is more exciting but rewards streaky drivers not consistent drivers.

Other problems are the design of the cars makes passing difficult, so drivers just ride around the track in circles for the most part.

NASCAR also built a bunch of mile and a half tracks because the drivers like them, but which the fans hate because the racing is boring. They need more short tracks and super speedways.

Another issue is the drivers. Before new drivers would get stuck in shitty equipment to begin their careers, and only got premium rides when they proved themselves. Nowadays the teams put 18-year-old zoomers in the cars who wreck everybody and themselves because they don’t have any experience and never had to earn their rides. Their called checkers or wreckers (meaning they win or crash).

Finally, NASCAR has gone all in on the woke stuff, which is the absolute worst move to make in a sport once adored by hillbillies with confederate flags hanging off their bumpers. I don’t mean that disrespectfully to the fans, either. That’s just the truth. They kept that sport alive in some really lean years. Now NASCAR is embarrassed by them, but still can’t figure out why their merch sales suck when they do their “Bubba report” every 10 minutes during the race to remind the fans where perennial scrub Bubba Wallace is running (which is perpetually at the back of the field).

Those are some of the main ways it has changed.

The rules changes was the thing that turned fans off. Before it was a year-long points system and whoever had the most points at the end of the year was champion.

NASCAR didn’t like this because everyone usually knew who the champion was going to be about two-thirds into the season, because the best driver hard already built a large enough lead in the points.

They changed the points several times to create a playoff atmosphere where basically anyone wins a race qualifies for the championship round, which is 10 races. The playoffs start with 16 drivers, and every three races the 4 drivers with the lowest points are eliminated.

The last race of the season is basically a sudden death round where the 4 remaining drivers compete for the title, and whoever wins it (or has the best finish) wins the title.

The original system was more boring but the best driver always one. They new system is more exciting but rewards streaky drivers not consistent drivers.

Other problems are the design of the cars makes passing difficult, so drivers just ride around the track in circles for the most part.

NASCAR also built a bunch of mile and a half tracks because the drivers like them, but which the fans hate because the racing is boring. They need more short tracks and super speedways.

Another issue is the drivers. Before new drivers would get stuck in shitty equipment to begin their careers, and only got premium rides when they proved themselves. Nowadays the teams put 18-year-old zoomers in the cars who wreck everybody and themselves because they don’t have any experience and never had to earn their rides. Their called checkers or wreckers (meaning they win or crash).

Finally, NASCAR has gone all in on the woke stuff, which is the absolute worst move to make in a sport once adored by hillbillies with confederate flags hanging off their bumpers. I don’t mean that disrespectfully to the fans, either. That’s just the truth. They kept that sport alive in some really lean years. Now NASCAR is embarrassed by them, but still can’t figure out why their merch sales suck when they do their “Bubba report” every 10 minutes during the race to remind the fans where perennial scrub Bubba Wallace is running (which is perpetually at the back of the field).

Those are some of the main ways it has changed.
All too true. I remember back in 1996 Jeff Gordon won 10 races and Terry Labonte won 3 but Terry won the series.
The other thing that bothered a lot of fans was the introduction of Toyota to the series.
I actually miss seeing more makes of cars like Buicks, Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles. Dodges and Plymouths. Times change though.

None as I didn’t know them. Don’t understand how someone can be truly affected by the death of someone who they didn’t know, never met, and certainly didn’t care about them…
Maybe I’m the wierd one…

Back