Which hit you the in the past 30 years?

Which celebrity death hit you the hardest in the past 30 years?

• Total voters
Michael Jackson was sad cause the dude was too soft and nice and everyone kept leechin of him, esp. family, and he i think didnt ever say no to anyone. Always wanted to give , people takin advantage, he trying to soften the blow with drugs... :(
Kurt was also a big one, would have wanted to see his future music, unplugged gave us insight how much more he can give in ways of variety. But again leeches... Courtney... Someone shouldve have isolated him for a few months away on a farm.

Michael Jackson was sad cause the dude was too soft and nice and everyone kept leechin of him, esp. family, and he i think didnt ever say no to anyone. Always wanted to give , people takin advantage, he trying to soften the blow with drugs... :(
Kurt was also a big one, would have wanted to see his future music, unplugged gave us insight how much more he can give in ways of variety. But again leeches... Courtney... Someone shouldve have isolated him for a few months away on a farm.
Didn't he fuck kids tho?

@genecop and @Contempt are soulless autistic heathens imo. You don't need a personal connection to mourn someone. Look at how many people mourned Queen Elizabeth.

Yeah exactly there are tons of examples of people mourning a death of someone they didn't know personally. Martin Luther King Jr, Elvis Presley, John Lennon, JFK, Bruce Lee, I could go on and on.

Didn't he fuck kids tho?
in all 30-40 years, no one came forward except those weirdos that kept changing the story. With :eek::eek::eek::eek:s or sex. harrasment of women and similar, after years there is always an abundace of people who say "yeah everyone knew" or people from household start coming forth saying "there was something " weird or whatver. You cannot hide it for decades, impossible.

With Michael NOT ONE person except those 2 kids, brothers? forgot(well their parents first asking for hush money) that despite supposedly assaulted kept coming back, family trying to blackmail him constantly, stories changing. Mind you he was surrounded by kids constantly, remember the homealone Macalkey who spent his childhood there and always defended him and numerous others.
Thats why he was never guilty, he was just weird dude who never had a childhood and wanted to offer it to other kids.

@genecop and @Contempt are soulless autistic heathens imo. You don't need a personal connection to mourn someone. Look at how many people mourned Queen Elizabeth.

Queen Elizabeth LOL

just because millions of people do something, doesn’t mean its correct or sane..( typically the opposite)
What you guys like to do is value life….Do you mourn the thousands of children that die around the world everyday because of hunger?
No let’s mourn the figure head of the family that has stolen from people all while successfully brainwashing them to actually enjoy it..

Hey... I'm not autistic...

How many people die around the world each day, a million? more? You've never met them either but you don't mourn them. Celebrity worship is just fucking weird...

Yeah exactly there are tons of examples of people mourning a death of someone they didn't know personally. Martin Luther King Jr, Elvis Presley, John Lennon, JFK, Bruce Lee, I could go on and on.
Yes. The deaths of generational icons kind of points out we ourselves are headed for that pine box shortly

Hey... I'm not autistic...

How many people die around the world each day, a million? more? You've never met them either but you don't mourn them. Celebrity worship is just fucking weird...

I guess crying for fictional characters like in movies is less weird.

Williams definately comes across as one of the saddest in the situation.

In terms of people being personal heroes I'd say Rik Mayall stands out, The Young Ones, Bottom, Flashheart in Blackadder, etc were a massive part of my youth growing up and I don't think I'm really alone in that, that era of comedy in the UK was like rock music was in the 60's and 70's.

Joe Strummer stands out as well as I spose both due to love of the Clash and because his career looked like it was picking up...

I guess you weren't saddened or affected by the 9/11 tragedy? I didn't know anyone from 9/11, but I was deeply affected by that.

No moreso than I am when I hear about any other mass casualty event in history.

Were you similarly affected by events such as the Boxing day 2004 Tsunami? What about all the poor people bombed and killed in the middle east over the last two plus decades? What about all the other terrible things that happen EVERY SINGLE DAY around the world?

Being emotionally affected by all of that, sounds completely exhausting.

Yeah. That's such a weird thing to say. Clearly a lack of empathy, or just some zoomer thinking he's edgy.

NASCAR died with Earnhardt. It's not even the same sport anymore. I only pay attention to it because Harvick is still in the game, and to me he is the true successor to Earnhardt, even if he isn't with Childress anymore.

It's a shit sport and when Harvick is done I won't bother watching or even following the sport anymore. I'll just watch old races on YouTube or something.
Bill Elliott was my fav driver and I only watch sparingly now to watch his son Chase. Also lost interest around the time Earnhardt died.

Because they were celebrities... I couldn't give less of a fuck about celebrities so why would I mourn a complete stranger?

It's no sadder than when any other person dies, you just think you know them because of shit you've read or seen on TV.

Probably Irwin. Given his background, the way he went out was so odd.

You forgot Kim Jong Il though

No moreso than I am when I hear about any other mass casualty event in history.

Were you similarly affected by events such as the Boxing day 2004 Tsunami? What about all the poor people bombed and killed in the middle east over the last two plus decades? What about all the other terrible things that happen EVERY SINGLE DAY around the world?

Being emotionally affected by all of that, sounds emotionally exhausting.

You can't affected by every death obviously. It depends on the story and the situation.

Nonetheless, there was a cop who was killed that happened in my local city I was saddened by it. Considering my brother is a cop and the reality of that can happen to him kind of thing. But people are affected by death all the time, even fictional characters deaths.

You didn't tell me you didn't cry as a child when Bambi mom died? Or in the Lion King? Or some other film. These things are normal behaviour, nothing out of ordinary about it.

Because they were celebrities... I couldn't give less of a fuck about celebrities so why would I mourn a complete stranger?

It's no sadder than when any other person dies, you just think you know them because of shit you've read or seen on TV.

Oh ok whatever floats your boat buddy. But most people get deeply affected by celebrity deaths, it's normal actually.

Back