Which animals could a human kill with swords?

Not really the same thing. I once saw a guy scare a lion off with a roll of toilet paper. I can probably find the video of it...

Wild animals are wary of people because they instinctively know we're dangerous.

That dude has balls of steel. Must be a sherdogger.

there is also evidence of animals killing people armed with guns, after being shot...
There indeed is. What I was trying to say is a skilled hunter can kill huge dangerous animals with a knife or spear. Noone is doubting said hunter would be in grave danger in the process and may end up dead or severely injured.

I believe a lot of animals have superior speed and reflexes and could dodge a human trying to swing a heavy sword.

A spear changes things, but we're talking about swords.

A spear gives greater range and a stronger grip which would make it far more effective against a charging animal, much better odds, but my $$ is still on tiger/bear/wolf/croc

The spear allows you to set it in the ground Vs a charge. That's it's key benefit, although range and weight are useful.

I believe a lot of animals have superior speed and reflexes and could dodge a human trying to swing a heavy sword.

A sword is supposed to be balanced, generally, it's weight doesn't do much to slow it down in many cases. The method of attacking predators and any animal faster than a person is to allow for the charge and respond, as such the animal is not dodging, it is in fact predictable.

Intelligent response.

Spears have actually been proven to the best non-shooting weapons in combat by far judged by their effectivity.
(They're comically easy to craft as well, especially compared to swords).

More like pole axes. Spears lack armour penetration.

I feel like no amount of studying is gonna prepare you for a tiger. You might get lucky and land a slash to its eye or throat or something but odds are the tiger just diesels his way into your kitchen and starts throwing paws, knocking your sword away like a toy before ripping your face off as it pulls your head towards its open mouth.

No way to game plan for that, it has got huge advantages in size, speed, power, technique and number of weapons.

I could study overeem for the next 10 years and he'd still knock my head off my shoulders if we fought.

Don't underestimate a game human with a good and well balanced sword. Indian nobles used to successfully hunt tigers 1vs1 with Kattars just to prove their manliness.

How much do you think a sword weighs? Its not anime where they carry 200lbs of steel on a stick and call it a sword. A 2-handed greatsword usually weighed no more than 5 or 6 pounds

How much do you think a sword weighs? Its not anime where they carry 200lbs of steel on a stick and call it a sword. A 2-handed greatsword usually weighed no more than 5 or 6 pounds
Yep, I did a lot of medieval sword fighting, I trained for a couple years and if you have proper arms and shoulders you can swing a broadsword quite fast.
An animal is afraid to get hurt aswell and won't charge at you like a maniac if you are game. They will stall you, you swing, defend, attack etc. A sword is a pretty formidable weapon for such encounter.

I feel like no amount of studying is gonna prepare you for a tiger. You might get lucky and land a slash to its eye or throat or something but odds are the tiger just diesels his way into your kitchen and starts throwing paws, knocking your sword away like a toy before ripping your face off as it pulls your head towards its open mouth.

No way to game plan for that, it has got huge advantages in size, speed, power, technique and number of weapons.

I could study overeem for the next 10 years and he'd still knock my head off my shoulders if we fought.

Yeah one of us soft city boys is getting wrecked but Gladiators in the Colosseum used to be pitted against Elephants, Crocodiles, Hippos, Lions, Tigers and bears.

3,500 elephants died in the games during Ceaser's reign.

original.jpg

images

4a99d159afe81ccabac2a63bc6644ded.jpg

H8k1tj0esUUxD8fgNEMQf2Zke6JRO-FhFW5BXnWrE1zc_eiZSddJMZEIplGDWdhbfWdtmRgcPkjwBx6Ow1MqbPdxBEfNeE1ZsTbNKv3rR1OYtOj21QKMVg

A human with a sharp sword 1v1 would have a chance against any animal except maybe an elephant or rhino.

A human with a sharp sword 1v1 would have a chance against any animal except maybe an elephant or rhino.

Small chance, sure.

I reckon a polar bear isn't gonna have much trouble with a guy with a sword

A man with a sword would be at a disadvantage against almost any animal his own size or bigger... Humans are pathetic at fighting.

Not saying that the human couldn't score a killing blow, but most likely they'd be disarmed by the animals initial attack that would be too fast and/or powerful to parry.
That's why you keep backups

I read it as humans killing animals that were equipped with swords.

Monkeys, racoons, and anything with thumbs is going to be a big big problem in this scenario.
I'm already overpowered just having uppercuts in both hands, give me a sword would be overkill

I mean, you could technically kill any animal if you can land the blow, but it's a big if.
They are faster, stronger, more agile, won't be scared, won't flinch, and have a high pain tolerance.
A trained swordsman has a shot, your average T-Rex armed Sherdogger?

[<dunn]

I'd say anything but a Hippo, Rhino, or Elephant.

A moose, bear, or big cat might get lucky.

If you could forge a particular sword based on the prey your fighting the odds would increase.

I'd take a spear any day though.

Dude a bear or big cat will fuck up a man with a sword like 99/100 times

You underestimate the ability for those animals to cover ground and fuck you up even if you do sink that blade in them you are gonna get fucked up son, you cant let those animals get that close son!

Not really the same thing. I once saw a guy scare a lion off with a roll of toilet paper. I can probably find the video of it...

Wild animals are wary of people because they instinctively know we're dangerous.

The balls on this fucking guy, laying down like Nick Diaz.
maxresdefault.jpg
Shit gave me anxiety just watching it.

Dude a bear or big cat will fuck up a man with a sword like 99/100 times

You underestimate the ability for those animals to cover ground and fuck you up even if you do sink that blade in them you are gonna get fucked up son, you cant let those animals get that close son!

It's ok only 10% of us have the warrior gene. Go gather and weave mats.

Back