Which animals could a human kill with swords?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Fedorgasm, Sep 14, 2020 at 3:35 PM.

1. TheWorm Silver Belt

I’m pretty sure if you were hopping along some small icebergs with a sword an orca could come along and absolutely wreck your shit.

2. Ironnik94 Danger Belt

They're rather light, but they're bigger than most people realize and obviously they're absurdly fast.
    A leopard is sturdier and a jaguar is even more sturdier, which is why i put a "maybe" in a bracket besides the jaguar.

Note that i'm talking about a trained swordsman fighting one of these in an open area. In a jungle, you'd rarely notice the jaguar until it's too late.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 2:45 PM
  3. eternaldarkness Red Belt

that's about the size of it. i have seen a dead lion kill a hunter. it was shot dead in midair, but still managed to strike the hunter on the neck with it's claws, delivering a fatal blow.
    i highly recommend anybody that's favours a humans chances, to go and watch animals attacking people. a lion will fuck you up, sword or not.

TheNinja likes this.
  4. eternaldarkness Red Belt

lions and stallions regularly fight to the death.

5. Ironnik94 Danger Belt

Damn, that does indeed sound scary...
    I have an insane amount of respect for these animals, they must be treated very cautiously and under no circumstances should they be underestimated.
    Yeah, agreed.

It's easy to forget how strong animals actually are; if you've ever had a german shepherd dog (the adult males are up to and around 35kg/77lbs heavy) go nuts on the leash, you'd realize how strong and ferocious animals are compared to humans, it's crazy.

Also, it's "easy" to stay relatively calm against the kind of opponent you're used to deal with, but there's no sparring with a lion, if - for whatever reason - you'd have to fight one with a sword, you'd be happy not to freeze completely or to (try) to run away.

eternaldarkness likes this.
  6. eternaldarkness Red Belt

also what kind of sword. because i would want a claymore.

7. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP Throwing my apanyent

I would not take a spear against a bull. The reason the toreadors survive is because the can lure the bull to the cape and thrust with extreme precision on the bulls spine using that sword.

8. TheNinja Gold Belt

I could kill a game pitbull.

9. Felis Brown Belt

Of course they can run extremely fast, but I don't think they're exceptionally fast in regards to "close combat speed". They also seem to have less of the typical cat-like agility.

I think that's exactly what the OP was talking about tho.
    A fight that the human with the sword had time to prepare for. Not an ambush or a prey chase.

10. Ironnik94 Danger Belt

You think?
    I'm not sure, they seem very agile in those documentaries, although not as agile as gazelles.
    Whoops, i meant to say "note" instead of "not".

Gotta correct this now!

11. Jackie Blue Gold Belt

Not really the same thing. I once saw a guy scare a lion off with a roll of toilet paper. I can probably find the video of it...

Wild animals are wary of people because they instinctively know we're dangerous.

ProPROpro likes this.
  12. Felis Brown Belt

Well, I wasn't suggesting they're the klutzes of the savanna.. But compared to other cats they seem to lack that ninja-quality (and I apparantly lack vocabulary...can't find the right words :rolleyes:), they are more kinda doglike.

Ironnik94 likes this.
  13. eternaldarkness Red Belt

only to a degree. they are rapidly getting desensitised, just ask the dingos in australia.

14. ssBaldy Russian belt

Probably the fact that there is documented evidence of people killing healthy adult bears with only a knife? Or maybe the fact that people successfully hunt animals with spears till this day?
    A trained swordsman with a suitable blade would be able to kill any animal weighing less than a metric ton. I doubt one can successfully cut or stab through hippo's or rhino's hide, and one may very well prefer a spear for some animals, though.

Iroh likes this.
  15. Jackie Blue Gold Belt

Dingoes are feral. They were domesticated and then became feral at some point before Europeans colonized Australia. And there are varying levels of admixture with other dogs as well. So not a true wild animal.

16. Ironnik94 Danger Belt

I know what you mean, don't worry about vocabulary.

You might just be right, i just am not 100% sure, but considering that they're mainly built for speed in a straight line, it makes sense for them to not be able to be as movable in other ways.

Felis likes this.
  17. pv3Hpv3p Brown Belt

Most of those bulls have been speared multiple times and are bleeding thoroughly before the matador even sees them.

I don't think it would be that simple if it was just a fresh bull going against a little 75K Spaniard

Iroh likes this.
  18. eternaldarkness Red Belt

there is also evidence of animals killing people armed with guns, after being shot...

19. Jackie Blue Gold Belt

All guns are not equal in that situation. Handgun can easily stop a dog, probably a wolf as well, but almost useless against a bear (unless you can scare it off). You need a shotgun or a rifle to deal with larger predators like bears and big cats.

20. badascan Black Belt Platinum Member

Is it hanzo steel? Then every animal...