Which animals could a human kill with swords?

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I'm talking about something along the lines of a bull fighter. They kill a bull with nothing but swords and a cape.

Now of course they study the bull's movements and attack patterns and practice for years first, so it got me thinking, what other large animals could you do this with?

A tiger has more weapons than a bull and can change direction faster, so I think it would be much harder than a bull. But then who knows? Humans are smart and if someone dedicated their life to studying a tiger's attack tendencies perhaps he could pull it off.

What about bears? Lions? Crocs? Hippos? Elephants?

Disclaimer: I think bull fighting is disgusting and I do not support it. This is purely a hypothetical discussion on what might be possible.

I'd say anything but a Hippo, Rhino, or Elephant.

A moose, bear, or big cat might get lucky.

If you could forge a particular sword based on the prey your fighting the odds would increase.

I'd take a spear any day though.

I wouldn't worry about any bovine species, they can only pivot in one direction and immediately lose momentum. It's why people fight bulls. They either charge or pivot.

127505.gif

I'm talking about something along the lines of a bull fighter. They kill a bull with nothing but swords and a cape.

Now of course they study the bull's movements and attack patterns and practice for years first, so it got me thinking, what other large animals could you do this with?

A tiger has more weapons than a bull and can change direction faster, so I think it would be much harder than a bull. But then who knows? Humans are smart and if someone dedicated their life to studying a tiger's attack tendencies perhaps he could pull it off.

What about bears? Lions? Crocs? Hippos? Elephants?

Disclaimer: I think bull fighting is disgusting and I do not support it. This is purely a hypothetical discussion on what might be possible.

Not all there is too it.

And the only bullfighting I like is the America style.

A man with a sword would be at a disadvantage against almost any animal his own size or bigger... Humans are pathetic at fighting.

Not saying that the human couldn't score a killing blow, but most likely they'd be disarmed by the animals initial attack that would be too fast and/or powerful to parry.

Back