• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where to Retire

Middle or East Tennessee. Boring, I know, but family is important to me, and most of mine are between TN and NC. I like and am used to the climate, low taxes, low cost of living, lots of affordable land around and I love the outdoors.

If I was going abroad, probably Portugal.

My wife & I are staying right where we're at right now, Sedona, Arizona.
That would actually be a great place to retire (there or Flagstaff), but my wife is set on Florida. Silver lining, though, is that I will probably outlive her, so there's a chance.

Is this $3k USD a month? Or $3k wherever we decide currency a month?

It is difficult to decide, but I would probably pick somewhere in Eastern Europe. It’s not overly expensive, beautiful women.
And since I’ll be retired, can travel amongst boarders with my Canadian passport for holidays.

I refuse to move anywhere where the locals might murder me or kidnap my children for ransom. I have my standards. Personally? I'm gonna stay where I am. I love my house. I've got it just the way I want it and it's where I raised my kids.

<Fedor23>

Agree. Tons of cheap places in the US where you can live safely, peacefully and own a Handgun, Rifle and Shotgun to keep things safe and quiet for yourself and family while being good neighbors.

You go to the 3rd world without weapons good luck.

That would actually be a great place to retire (there or Flagstaff), but my wife is set on Florida. Silver lining, though, is that I will probably outlive her, so there's a chance.

Yeah, it's great. We love it here.
That's too bad about Florida. I mean, I'm sure it's nice but I wouldn't like the humidity.

Are there any places where I won't have my head cut off?

only way you have to worry in Mexico is if you're involved in the drug trade...otherwise it's as safe or safer in many regions as any city in the U.S.

Gulf Shores, Alabama. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @Jackie Blue

455_slide_2_1479320032.jpg

I'm moving to coastal Oregon. Already got my second pad being paid for by renters. I can't retire here in California.

i'm moving close to where i think i'll retire. am moving to denver next year, and will probably retire in a small alpine town somewhere in the rockies.

Yeah, it's great. We love it here.
That's too bad about Florida. I mean, I'm sure it's nice but I wouldn't like the humidity.
It would have to be a half and half thing. Nov-Apr on the Gulf coast, May-Oct somewhere else.

SoCal is the best place to retire.

Also lmao @ 3k a month for retirement. That’s some shitty retirement planning if that’s all you have.
Yeah, I'm not going anywhere when I retire. I may travel a lot more, but no reason to move anywhere else.

My soon to be wife is going to get a fat pension from the state at 60 when she's eligible to retire. Couple that with both of our social security and retirements savings... won't be an issue.

Back