Where does Michael “The Count” Bisping rank amongst all time MW’s?

2 od his 9 losses were at the end of his career to GSP and Gastlum (he should not have taken the fight)

HIs other losses were to:

Rashad @ 205 (split dec)
Wandy (Juiced)
Hendo(TRT) (won rematch)
Chael(TRT)
Rockhold (won rematch)
Viitor(Juicepig)
Kennedy

He had a great career.
Aint to many mws past or present get through that group undefeated, the trt versions are legendary haha

Below Anderson, Yoel, Weidman, Whittaker, Izzy, Rockhold, Moose, Vitor, Franklin, Hendo and Jacare for me. Fringe top 10 though.

Higher than Whittaker, Jacare, Weidman and Rockhold...Izzy hasn't done enough

Both Rockhold and Silva fought like douchebags. Silva acted a fool and fought like one minute per round and still KO'd Bisping, but Herb didn't wave it off. That's besides the fact that Silva has been damaged goods post-Weidman.

Rockhold had already owned Bisping and basically threw his title in the trash. He didn't take him seriously and got caught. Karma.

Bisping's success during his title run was entirely due to how little respect his opponents had for him as a fighter.

But he won those fights right? At the end of the day that is what matters.

Such a tough question but you gotta remember his late resurgence and how he went on a 5 fight win streak before losing to GSP.. He kinda peaked right at the end of his 30s.

i would say 5th, Anderson SIlva, Dan henderson, Rich Franklin, Weidman. To put guys who were not dominant champs or at least held the belt is very stupid, guys like Vitor and Yoel shouldnt even be mentioned

2 od his 9 losses were at the end of his career to GSP and Gastlum (he should not have taken the fight)

Rashad @ 205 (split dec)
Wandy (Juiced)
Hendo(TRT) (won rematch)
Chael(TRT)
Rockhold (won rematch)
Viitor(Juicepig)
Kennedy

He had a great career.
How frustrating was to get an excuse for every loss and then get to Kennedy and be like well...fuck

Became champ of the dirtiest roid ridden division after only 1 year of USADA. That in itself is a powerful statement.

Proved he would have beat any version of Anderson. Made him look silly.
ImpartialFocusedKoala.gif

Lol - the irony and stupidity of your post is priceless . Gegard beats bisping 99/100 x. Bisping turned down a titled contract to face Gegard Mousasi...... claiming " bisping mousasi is bad for business ". Mousasi would ve been a -320 favorite over Bisping but Michael didnt want to lose the title he just won in " the perfect storm of all perfect storms".

In fact , the London headline fight was supposed to be Bisping vs Mousasi.....as soon as a past his prime Anderson was thrown around , Michael and team quickly manipulated main event as mousasi was ,lol, kept on card and gave thales leites ( the BJJ practitioner who walked Michael down for 25 minutes in a split decision- just 3 months prior lmfao) the beating of his life ( ask him yourself ).

IN FACT- THAT WHOLE situation changed the trajectory of 185 division for years( when u think about it and being honest with yourself).

Michael Bisping, Matt Serra ...amongst a few others prove winning UFC title isnt the win all be all.

When you really get down to the hard truth of it all .... You cant even compare the careers of the 2 men- it's a joke. For people who know the sport , they know the know. There isnt one single thing that Bisping does better than Mousasi....not 1.
There is only one advantage- for whatever the reason ( lol- nothing to do with fighting), Bisping has drawing power because of his mouth ( he does bring it but his career is saturated with decision wins over mid tier middles where he was a significant favorite ).

Bisping is somewhere outside top 15( hell- maybe 20)Bisping isnt and never was elite.
Shut up

Rashad @ 205 (split dec)
Wandy (Juiced)
Hendo(TRT) (won rematch)
Chael(TRT)
Rockhold (won rematch)
Viitor(Juicepig)
Kennedy

He had a great career.
You can make an argument he should of gotten the nod against Rashad,Chael and Wand.

I think he got robbed against Shad, he prob would of won if it wasn’t for the final minute of round 3 against Wand and UFC wanted the Chael Andy rematch, saw that one live in Chicago and most thought Ping won

edit- but in fairness he def lost to Hammil, one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen

A Silva is obviously number one but I put Bisping at number 2 above Weidman, Jacare, Moose,. I still view Wand and Hendo as predominantly light heavyweights. Same thing with Moose and Jacare. Prime Rockhold is also one of greatest middleweights of all time.

So a good list looks like: Silva, Bisping, Rockhold, Franklin, Weidman and then put the rest where you want.

He beat Silva, Hendo, and Rockhold. Plus about 17 other UFC fighters.

I don’t rank these things, but he’s up there.

Anderson was ancient and past it.
Hendo the second time was too, and Bisping still almost lost.

His entire claim to greatness rests on getting (IMO) hugely lucky vs Rockhold.
The guy has always lost to the best otherwise, he was right under them in terms of skill.

i would say 5th, Anderson SIlva, Dan henderson, Rich Franklin, Weidman. To put guys who were not dominant champs or at least held the belt is very stupid, guys like Vitor and Yoel shouldnt even be mentioned
I said this before, but Hendo doesn't have enough fights at 185. Pride MW is actually 195 or even 200. Franklin feasted on weak fighters and would lose to Bisping head to head. He faded out once the division got tough and Mike just kept trucking on.

Perennial gatekeeper who managed to reach the pinnacle.Im guessing fans will have guys ranked ahead of him even though they never became a UFC champion cough*mousassi*cough.

Does he crack the Top 5 sherbros?
Top ten for sure, he would have starched franklin, Maia and Nate the great.

I said this before, but Hendo doesn't have enough fights at 185. Pride MW is actually 195 or even 200. Franklin feasted on weak fighters and would lose to Bisping head to head. He faded out once the division got tough and Mike just kept trucking on.
Pride middleweight is actually welterweight for them, it was 183 pounds, close enough i guess, but i did get kinda confuse, tought that he really had more more fights, in this case i would put bisping above him. ABout Franklin, i believe that three title defenses and one failed attempt mean more than bispings title wins, his win against Rockhold was really against an awesome opponent but against Henderson it has the same level of value as one of Rich´s defenses so.. and to say that he would lose to Bisping head to head is just hard to know

3rd behind the greats, but above Franklin and Sonnen. 4th if you have Shammy as a MW.
I'd struggle to put him above Franklin, the only thing that would justify it is Bisping has more UFC wins. Franklin was a better fighter and defended his title multiple times, going 14-6 in the UFC. Bisping lost in his first defense, and is 19-9 in the UFC. Also, if they had fought, especially from '06-'08, Franklin would've won.

Franklin also started fighting in 1999 and his only 3 losses over the first 9 years of his career were to Machida and Anderson. He started fighting 5 years before Bisping and is also 5 years older than him. Neither one of them really did well against good competition, and neither of them fought much good competition. They also both fought a lot of weak competition, that can arguably be attributed to how weak the MW division actually was over the years. I do think Rich would've won the fight though, especially between 2006 and 2008.

Is he as athletic? No. Is his top game as good? No.
His kicks? Nope.
But boxing, heart, fight I.Q., chin? All day.
Every fighter has pros and cons, some match up better than others, it's not black and white.
It's telling though that Rockhold had only won to branch since losing to bisping, and branch very nearly had him out of there in round 1, he could've been looking at a 4 fight losing streak instead of 3 of his last 4, something Mike had never done.
You see? You can say what you want but I can happily state facts that put Mike in a far better light than Luke, whether you like it or not.

Well that and Mike was going win one/lose one for a while before he beat CB.. So that kinda shows you how he was able to pick up the pieces and keep on trucking despite being hit or miss for a minute there. I have found more respect in what Mike has done for the mw division since his retirement and I guess now that he's gone you can see how he made things interesting for a long time.

Bottom end top 10. His time as champ made a joke out of the division though. The real top guys were fighting each other - (Whittaker, Romero, Weidman, Jacare) meanwhile he's fighting Hendo and GSP.

Back