Where does Michael “The Count” Bisping rank amongst all time MW’s?

I'm not sure how anyone could think Bisping was better than Franklin. Franklin is pretty much just a better version of Bisping. Technically sound, bigger, hits harder, good cardio, has passable grappling/wrestling for a striker.

Bisping's only advantage is probably stamina, but Franklin has no problems fighting high pace fights.

In terms of resume, Franklin has beaten better names closer to their primes and was in closer fights with other great fighters (Hendo the main one).

Bisping never really beat anyone great outside of Rockhold. His next big wins were wars against Henderson and Silva who of course were past their primes - both those guys would have beaten Bisping relatively easy if they were younger (Henderson already did).

Rich Franklin was much closer to Dan Henderson's level than Michael Bisping was.

Mousasi and Jacare are probably better fighters also - it's kind of weak just to automatically assume they were lower because they never had the UFC championship. A lot of that has to do with booking and those guys also spent more time outside of the UFC than Michael did. Conceptually speaking Jacare/Mousasi seem like better fighter than Bisping when analyzeing their strengths and weaknesses, and Mousasi/Jacare have beaten more top fighters - so the argument that Bisping should be ranked over them because he was the MW champion at one point is a bit flimsy.

Best MW of all time!
It doesn’t matter what others think, but when he knocked Rockhold out! He’s the best ever!

Unless I quoted the wrong person they said a bunch of names.
It seems so.
I only talked about Bisping, Franklin and Jacare in this thread.
I dont have Bisping in a top10 all time MW list though. Top15 most likely

He beat Silva, Hendo, and Rockhold. Plus about 17 other UFC fighters.

I don’t rank these things, but he’s up there.
Hendo was a solid 9 years out of his prime while Silva was 7-8 years out of his. That’s like placing Mitrione as an all time great HW on account of his beating Fedor.

I'm not sure how anyone could think Bisping was better than Franklin. Franklin is pretty much just a better version of Bisping. Technically sound, bigger, hits harder, good cardio, has passable grappling/wrestling for a striker.

Bisping's only advantage is probably stamina, but Franklin has no problems fighting high pace fights.

In terms of resume, Franklin has beaten better names closer to their primes and was in closer fights with other great fighters (Hendo the main one).

Bisping never really beat anyone great outside of Rockhold. His next big wins were wars against Henderson and Silva who of course were past their primes - both those guys would have beaten Bisping relatively easy if they were younger (Henderson already did).

Rich Franklin was much closer to Dan Henderson's level than Michael Bisping was..

There are solid arguments for each other along this thread, in terms of both resume and skill set.
I rank Bisping slightly higher, mainly because of his late championship run after so many years of grind and fighting with one functional eye, which I find particularly admirable.

Mousasi and Jacare are probably better fighters also - it's kind of weak just to automatically assume they were lower because they never had the UFC championship. A lot of that has to do with booking and those guys also spent more time outside of the UFC than Michael did. Conceptually speaking Jacare/Mousasi seem like better fighter than Bisping when analyzeing their strengths and weaknesses, and Mousasi/Jacare have beaten more top fighters - so the argument that Bisping should be ranked over them because he was the MW champion at one point is a bit flimsy.

Mousasi and Jacare are clearly better fighters than both Bisping and Franklin

Above Anderson,obviously. Below Weidman

https://mmacore.tv/videos/Anderson_...UFC_Fight_Night_84_Full_Fight_Part_4/10123022

I hadn’t watched this fight in its entirety in a few years, Silva had Bisping dead to rights in the begin of the fourth after that flying knee and 1/2 way through the fifth round... both times he let Micheal off the hook and let it go to the judges knowing Bisping’s had a history of getting the nod in close hometown fights before, Silva only had himself to blame IMO.
<{cruzshake}>
This fight was a testament to Bisping’s heart and determination, while I was never really a fan until he retired and began commentary, I can say Mike was a born fighter 100% through and through. During his career nothing came easy, through the ups, down, and some luck, he earned everything he’s accomplished the hard way and should be lauded for his drive and never quit attitude. Unquestionably he’s earned his position as an all time great MW, it’s hard using any type of metric as to where he actually would’ve been ranked, but for sure his performances will always be remembered. His being a go to guy for short notice fights and taking all comers (before the belt) will surely be missed by the UFC organization and me personally as a fan. The Count has a special place in UFC history, he unequivocally earned that and should be appreciated for his body of work, it’s unique and quite frankly impressive considering that he was able to put the cherry topping on his career while being nearly 1/2 blind.
<Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11>
His career was an amazing effort, thanks for the memories Buddeh
<28>

Hendo was a solid 9 years out of his prime while Silva was 7-8 years out of his. That’s like placing Mitrione as an all time great HW on account of his beating Fedor.

I said he was up there. I didn’t say he was the best ever. You are perfectly within your right to disagree. I get a little tired of excuses, though. I stated facts in listing a couple big name fighters he beat. I don’t care about age, or mileage. If you fight, and lose. That’s the way it goes. Deal with it.

Hes number 1 and he will never get that credit he deserves.
Had a great career

only lost to people abusing TRT

great TDD
great cardio
great boxing
consistent accent
great hairline
one eye - pirate confirmed

https://mmacore.tv/videos/Anderson_...UFC_Fight_Night_84_Full_Fight_Part_4/10123022

I hadn’t watched this fight in its entirety in a few years, Silva had Bisping dead to rights in the begin of the fourth after that flying knee and 1/2 way through the fifth round... both times he let Micheal off the hook and let it go to the judges knowing Bisping’s had a history of getting the nod in close hometown fights before, Silva only had himself to blame IMO.
<{cruzshake}>
This fight was a testament to Bisping’s heart and determination, while I was never really a fan until he retired and began commentary, I can say Mike was a born fighter 100% through and through. During his career nothing came easy, through the ups, down, and some luck, he earned everything he’s accomplished the hard way and should be lauded for his drive and never quit attitude. Unquestionably he’s earned his position as an all time great MW, it’s hard using any type of metric as to where he actually would’ve been ranked, but for sure his performances will always be remembered. His being a go to guy for short notice fights and taking all comers (before the belt) will surely be missed by the UFC organization and me personally as a fan. The Count has a special place in UFC history, he unequivocally earned that and should be appreciated for his body of work, it’s unique and quite frankly impressive considering that he was able to put the cherry topping on his career while being nearly 1/2 blind.
<Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11>
His career was an amazing effort, thanks for the memories Buddeh
<28>

man bisping whipped that ass. that knee only connected because bisping was pointing to his mouthguard

Anderson Silva
RIch Franklin
Dan Henderson
Vitor Belfort
Weidman
Rockhold
Romero
Adesanya
Whittaker
Chael Sonnen
Jacare
are at least 12 off the top of my head who were much better fighters
Wow. Whittaker and Adesanya? Hahahaaaha

Rockhold is chinny and everyone including Bisping knows that was a fluke.

If you don’t think so you’re pretty fucken stupid.

{<hhh]
Lol Adesanya going easy on him. Hahahahaa

The first thing that jumps out here is you're saying Liddell is a good win. Just laughable. Even Franklin fans, which I have been for a decade plus, don't rate that win. Chucks chin was glass at that point. He was on one of the worst losing streaks we have EVER seen a fighter end their career on.

Anyway to your other points wins over wand x2 is impressive, even giving the state Wand was in. No argument there.

Bisping in his prime walks through crow, quarry, and Tanner with no problems imo. Tanner wouldn't hold him down and couldn't strike with him. Same with Quarry probably a tko and not a ko though. And later in the fight. He has no issues with crow. Decision or tko.

Styles make fights and if you read my earlier posts you'll see I said Rich wins head to head until late in his career, when Bisping really started to improve. But career vs career isn't just the head to head matchup and that's purely hypothetical anyway. Lol you act like I said Rich was a can or something, I only said if you compare their careers it's close.

Rich was possibly better when both were in their primes imo, but their primes overlapped and Bisping has a LOT of ranked wins over a long time period. He gets overshadowed in these conversations. I'm not even a Bisping fan tbh but he has a great resume.

see that’s the thing

When you list bisping wins you didn’t put it in any context. You just name names.

but then when I did the same with Franklin then you want context.

i put chucks name specifically for that reason to show you how just listing names of fighters doesn’t make sense without proper context.

Beating chuck n wand in 2010 is not the same as beating them around 2005

same with beating Anderson n hendo. Beating them in 2016 is not the same as beating them around 2010 or before.

Both chuck n Anderson were 40 n on losing streaks when those fights happen.

Hendo was 46 n sub .500 fighter at that point.

When it comes to those contenders Franklin beat I doubt bisping beats all 3 n in a dominant fashion like frsnklin did.

like I said he probably goes 2-1 with one of those wins being a hometown decision in uk.

He probably beats quarry, has a tough close fight with tanner n pre Franklin crow beats him.

Also even if Franklin was couple of years older than bisping they did fight around same time n faced multiple common opponents.

for the most part Franklin did better vs common opponents.

He was just better n more complete fighter

Behind AS, Franklin, and Shamrock in UFC terms.

In the same category as Whittaker, Weidman, Rockhold, and Yoel.

Vitor and Hendo are legends and it's hard just to rank them at 185 considering both men are super accomplished across multiple weight classes. (Shout out to Shamrock again)

Izzy's stock is skyrocketing btw.

Not the GOAT or anywhere close to it but he gave us a great run. It was nice having you there Michael

You gotta have him top 5 IMO. He's got 20 MW wins which I think is by far the most in the UFC. He won the MW title and defended it. And he's got some good wins there over Rockhold, Anderson, Hendo (even though he was passed his prime it's still a good name). Most of his wins are over mid tier guys but he's got the numbers.

Franklin beat wand twice, bisping lost to wand

franklin lost a close sd vs prime hendo (that he arguably won), bisping got ko by prime hendo

Franklin finished Hamill, bisping was gifted a decision in uk

Franklin > bisping

it’s absurd to deny it

Bisping was robbed vs Wand.

He'll go down as a short lived champ who was too shook to face Romero.

Back