Where does Michael “The Count” Bisping rank amongst all time MW’s?

Perennial gatekeeper who managed to reach the pinnacle.Im guessing fans will have guys ranked ahead of him even though they never became a UFC champion cough*mousassi*cough.

Does he crack the Top 5 sherbros?
Lol - the irony and stupidity of your post is priceless . Gegard beats bisping 99/100 x. Bisping turned down a titled contract to face Gegard Mousasi...... claiming " bisping mousasi is bad for business ". Mousasi would ve been a -320 favorite over Bisping but Michael didnt want to lose the title he just won in " the perfect storm of all perfect storms".

In fact , the London headline fight was supposed to be Bisping vs Mousasi.....as soon as a past his prime Anderson was thrown around , Michael and team quickly manipulated main event as mousasi was ,lol, kept on card and gave thales leites ( the BJJ practitioner who walked Michael down for 25 minutes in a split decision- just 3 months prior lmfao) the beating of his life ( ask him yourself ).

IN FACT- THAT WHOLE situation changed the trajectory of 185 division for years( when u think about it and being honest with yourself).

Michael Bisping, Matt Serra ...amongst a few others prove winning UFC title isnt the win all be all.

When you really get down to the hard truth of it all .... You cant even compare the careers of the 2 men- it's a joke. For people who know the sport , they know the know. There isnt one single thing that Bisping does better than Mousasi....not 1.
There is only one advantage- for whatever the reason ( lol- nothing to do with fighting), Bisping has drawing power because of his mouth ( he does bring it but his career is saturated with decision wins over mid tier middles where he was a significant favorite ).

Bisping is somewhere outside top 15( hell- maybe 20)Bisping isnt and never was elite.

Mike should not be ahead of Jacare. That is ridiculous and you know it. His win over Rockhold was NO fluke I'll give you that. Mike actually showed improvements later in his career, but he did not consistently win against top competition the way Jacare did for many years.

Mike was more talk than action. It is what it is. He's fringe top 10, probably just outside.
I was literally replying to what he said, I never said I believe it.
Edit, he wasn't more talk than action, he was clean vs juiced.

He beat Silva, Hendo, and Rockhold. Plus about 17 other UFC fighters.

I don’t rank these things, but he’s up there.

nothing against ping but he's tied with Hendo...

Anderson
Weidman
Moose
Hendo
Bisping
Vitor
Izzy
Whittaker
Franklin
Luke
Yoel
Chael

Does he crack the Top 5 sherbros?
No, but hes dam close.

Was he the most skilled? No.
Was he the most exciting in the cage? No.
Was he a bit of a dick?. Yes.

But he has the P4P biggest heart in the UFC - to come back from Hendo sending him to the moon..to losing an eye, getting smashed by the future champ and then KOing him in round 1 of the rematch on 11 days notice - hes up there....buddeh.

Tim Kennedy, no joke , has had a more impressive career than Bisping. So figure out where Tim is and then put Michael behind him.

He KO'd Rockhold and out struck Anderson Silva with one eye.
In hindsight, we now know the unfortunate integrity of Luke's chin when Chris got hurt. He edged out a past his prime Anderson and as usual- still took more damage. Bisping,lol, eeked by cb dolloway and got his ass beat by Thales fucking Leites.

This thread is priceless.

I heard he was top 6 richest behind Conor,Khabib,Brock and Rhonda and GSP. He may not be in goat too 6 anywhere else but that is a good category to be top 6 though.

Lol - the irony and stupidity of your post is priceless . Gegard beats bisping 99/100 x. Bisping turned down a titled contract to face Gegard Mousasi...... claiming " bisping mousasi is bad for business ". Mousasi would ve been a -320 favorite over Bisping but Michael didnt want to lose the title he just won in " the perfect storm of all perfect storms".

In fact , the London headline fight was supposed to be Bisping vs Mousasi.....as soon as a past his prime Anderson was thrown around , Michael and team quickly manipulated main event as mousasi was ,lol, kept on card and gave thales leites ( the BJJ practitioner who walked Michael down for 25 minutes in a split decision- just 3 months prior lmfao) the beating of his life ( ask him yourself ).

IN FACT- THAT WHOLE situation changed the trajectory of 185 division for years( when u think about it and being honest with yourself).

Michael Bisping, Matt Serra ...amongst a few others prove winning UFC title isnt the win all be all.

When you really get down to the hard truth of it all .... You cant even compare the careers of the 2 men- it's a joke. For people who know the sport , they know the know. There isnt one single thing that Bisping does better than Mousasi....not 1.
There is only one advantage- for whatever the reason ( lol- nothing to do with fighting), Bisping has drawing power because of his mouth ( he does bring it but his career is saturated with decision wins over mid tier middles where he was a significant favorite ).

Bisping is somewhere outside top 15( hell- maybe 20)Bisping isnt and never was elite.
Sheesh thats a harsh assessment, I stated he was a perennial gatekeeper.Im guessing you thought one eyed bisping wouldnt go on to ko rockhold violently after you made this post?Found this zinger after googling moose vs bisping lol

Can M.Bisping hurt G.Mousasi ?
No.

Can G.Mousasi hurt M.Bisping ?
Yes.

Does M.Bisping have any advantages in this fight, anywhere?

no, not really-maybe from a wrestling standpoint,-very slight.

What is Gegards biggest advantage?
Mousasi owns one of the best beards in all of mma while the count, at best, owns an average to slightly below average chin...

Now that testing has become relevant, Gegard might be a top 2-4 185er while Bisping a top 4-6 185er.
This is great for the both of them because neither cheats and maybe
MAYBE the winner of a possible match between the 2 -will desrve a title shot.

Btw, the Franklin U. line :

Mousasi -235
Bisping + 205

Depends if we are talking skill level like GOAT version of Bisping vs the GOAT version of other elite MWs or overall resume

Based on his resume he ranks very high. He's an overachiever and there is nothing wrong with that. He has a marvelous career. Having said that do I think I could name 10 MWs who dispatch of any version of him? sure.

Because Luke had already wiped his ass with Bisping in the first fight, and fought like an overconfident douche in the rematch. There’s a reason that fight is mentioned alongside Serra vs GSP as one of the most unlikely upsets in UFC history.

So yeah, it’s not like Luke slipped on a banana peel and knocked himself out, Bisping still had to throw the punch, but it was definitely a fluke in a sense that If they fought 20 times it’s pretty safe to say that Luke wins 19 of them.
After watching bisping/rockhold 2 and seeing the trajectory of Lukes career Im not so sure.

He was barely top 10 before he got the late replacement title fight, so I'll say top 15-fringe top 10

I don't like doing top 5's but I think he was 1 of the most underappreciated for sure.

Bisping would have beat Weidman at any stage of his career.

2 od his 9 losses were at the end of his career to GSP and Gastlum (he should not have taken the fight)

HIs other losses were to:

Rashad @ 205 (split dec)
Wandy (Juiced)
Hendo(TRT) (won rematch)
Chael(TRT)
Rockhold (won rematch)
Viitor(Juicepig)
Kennedy

He had a great career.

He lost to GSP, a WW who barely scraped by Hendricks and hadn’t fought in 4 years. Then he got blasted even quicker by WW Gastelum and retired. He beat a very old Anderson and a geriatric Hendo. The left hook on Rockhold was the pinnacle of his career. He thanks God every day that Romero had injuries so that he could jump the line and win a short notice championship fight.

He’s just ahead of Jacare, beneath Weidman for sure.
didn't exactly beat hendricks more like by judges grace

So you don't think Whittaker and Rockhold should be a head of him because they failed to defend? Yet you value his title defense against barely ranked top 15 (13) Dan Henderson at the time? Seems very bias to me.

Career wise I'd say Rockhold and Whittaker both have better overall wins
Bias? You assume I am a fan of bisbing, you are incorrect. A title defense to a 13 ranked fighter is better than no defenses, but you may as well alter the actual narrative to suit the need right even if you aren't. Facts, not opinions apart from Izzy losing to yoel, support what I said about 11 of 12 fighters you brought up

2 od his 9 losses were at the end of his career to GSP and Gastlum (he should not have taken the fight)

HIs other losses were to:

Rashad @ 205 (split dec)
Wandy (Juiced)
Hendo(TRT) (won rematch)
Chael(TRT)
Rockhold (won rematch)
Viitor(Juicepig)
Kennedy

He had a great career.
Be careful please, using facts aren't accepted here

Back