Where do you rank Kobe Bryant in your NBA all time greatest players list?

Where do you rank Kobe Bryant in your NBA all time greatest list?

• Total voters
Ok so I got Lebron 2nd All- time. Kobe around 10th. And Durant around 17th. So with some people trying to put Kobe in the talk with Lebron. Would it be wrong to say Durant is closer to Kobe than Kobe is closer to Lebron. And yes it would be wrong either way

Last edited:
I think it’s because Bird was the man in Boston, magic was behind Kareem to a lot of people
That might be the perception. But Showtime Lakes was Magic’s team. KAJ was supporting cast, by that point in his career.

Kobe is like Joe Montana. Joe is always mentioned in GOAT talk but wasn’t even the GOAT on his team. So why mention him.

I’m regard to the Lebron/Kobe debate, I had Lebron inching past Kobe in ‘18 when they were able to comeback down 3-1 against a 73-win GS team. I still think Kobe is a better leader, and better at intangibles, but the sum of Lebron’s stats, accolades, longevity of being at the top of the game, and being able to dethrone GS, put him over the top IMO. Though I still consider them comparable, and essentially of equal value as player’s overall.
Lol. Wtf. Intangibles are the one thing u can't argue in favour of Kobe

Lol. Wtf. Intangibles are the one thing u can't argue in favour of Kobe

Well, IMO Kobe was mentally tougher, a better leader, and more clutch. Those are all intangible assets. If you think Lebron is better at these things, I’d have to disagree with you.

I don't value him any higher than when he was alive, so probably somewhere in the top 20, but not the top half.

Well, IMO Kobe was mentally tougher, a better leader, and more clutch. Those are all intangible assets. If you think Lebron is better at these things, I’d have to disagree with you.
Your opinion doesn't make it so. Kobe was not more Clutch, and numbers show that. Mentally tougher, I don't know if I can argue, but he certainly wasn't a better leader. He was notoriously difficult to get along with, bullied teammates, and had entire practices where he purposely refused to pass the ball. Mamba mentality, comes from his willingness to take tough shots, certainly not his ability to make them.

Your opinion doesn't make it so. Kobe was not more Clutch, and numbers show that. Mentally tougher, I don't know if I can argue, but he certainly wasn't a better leader. He was notoriously difficult to get along with, bullied teammates, and had entire practices where he purposely refused to pass the ball. Mamba mentality, comes from his willingness to take tough shots, certainly not his ability to make them.

Lebron has a long history of publicly diverting blame, looking for scapegoats, etc when things aren’t going well. He also mentally folds(with one or two notable exceptions), when the outlook in a playoff series isn’t going his way. Also, the excessive flopping, frequent complaining when he doesn’t get the whistle, etc. These aren’t qualifications of good leadership in basketball. Not saying Kobe was the greatest, but I’d easily consider him the better leader than Lebron. And just because your opinion differs, doesn’t make it so either.

That might be the perception. But Showtime Lakes was Magic’s team. KAJ was supporting cast, by that point in his career.
I disagree. Kareem was MVP I think of the league there 1st championship. But I’ll give you the last 3

Lebron has a long history of publicly diverting blame, looking for scapegoats, etc when things aren’t going well. He also mentally folds(with one or two notable exceptions), when the outlook in a playoff series isn’t going his way. Also, the excessive flopping, frequent complaining when he doesn’t get the whistle, etc. These aren’t qualifications of good leadership in basketball. Not saying Kobe was the greatest, but I’d easily consider him the better leader than Lebron. And just because your opinion differs, doesn’t make it so either.
You said he Kobe was more Clutch. That's objectively false

top 20 for sure.

But I put Magic and Kareem a head of him in terms of Lakers for example.

Lebron is the 2nd greatest ever, Kobe was a better scorer and thats all I'll give him in that regard.

And you can not say Lebron is not a leader, he rallies the teams around him and makes them better - which to me is what a true leader does. Not fucking go "im shooting, your not"

My fav thing was people harping on about Kobe's defense against lebron...in the fucking all star game of all things. Kobe decided to be the lone prick all of a sudden playing defense on Lebron. Made me laugh so much.

Though, I am totally in favor of their being more defense in all star games

Last edited:
Borderline line top 10, so I went with 15.

Nah his kid wasn’t in the car with him, even the biggest Earnhardt fan would have to admit that’s a big difference

In Earnhardt's own words, him dying in the car wouldn't have been a tragedy. Kobe was a full blown tragedy. Earnhardt's death rocked NASCAR and motorsports and even the southeast, but Kobe's rocked the world. I'm a NASCAR fan, but Kobe went beyond basketball. Everybody knew who Kobe was.

To answer the question, he's Top 5, imo.

You said he Kobe was more Clutch. That's objectively false

“Clutch” is a subjective term. What you’re referring to is supporting a subjective opinion with objective data. There’s a difference.

Also, you didn’t really address any of my constructive criticism of Lebron’s leadership ability at all.

top 20 for sure.

But I put Magic and Kareem a head of him in terms of Lakers for example.

Lebron is the 2nd greatest ever, Kobe was a better scorer and thats all I'll give him in that regard.

And you can not say Lebron is not a leader, he rallies the teams around him and makes them better - which to me is what a true leader does. Not fucking go "im shooting, your not"

My fav thing was people harping on about Kobe's defense against lebron...in the fucking all star game of all things. Kobe decided to be the lone prick all of a sudden playing defense on Lebron. Made me laugh so much.

Though, I am totally in favor of their being more defense in all star games

Do you remember when LeBron was playing flip the bottle on the sidelines with his bench spilling onto the court? What a leader.

Or how about when he was shoved by Kuzma to close out on a 3.

Or how about him trading his teams and coaches away when they don't do what he wants how he wants. Trying to stab Spo in the back, treating Kevin Love like shit and driving Kyrie out of town.

Yep, that's your leader.

In all honesty I'd say

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Kobe
4. Magic
5. LeBron

But as far as players I grew up watching

1. Kobe
2. LeBron
3. Shaq
4. Duncan

Do you remember when LeBron was playing flip the bottle on the sidelines with his bench spilling onto the court? What a leader.

Or how about him trading his teams and coaches away when they don't do what he wants how he wants. Trying to stab Spo in the back, treating Kevin Love like shit and driving Kyrie out of town.

Yep, that's your leader.
Yet he convinced top 5 player Anthony Davis to come play with him

Or got together with wad and Bush

Kyrie is basically crying and regretting the moment he left lebron

Yet he convinced top 5 player Anthony Davis to come play with him

Or got together with wad and Bush

Kyrie is basically crying and regretting the moment he left lebron

Yeah teaming up with wad and bush was epuc.

Yep, that's your leader.

remember when Kyrie wasnt a complete fuck knuckle? me either.

Remember when Kobe said "I hope your stretching cause I aint passing to you n***as"

Remember when he demanded a trade from the lakers?

Remember when he caused chemistry issues with Dwert, Nash when everyone wanted a super team?

Remember the countless times Kobe wouldn't pass?

Remember when Kobe took a fucking redonk deal at the point his career that pretty much meant the lakers were gonna be shit until he retired?

Everyones a hero once there dead, but people are forgetting how much people were shitting on kobe the last decade or so too

Back