Where do you rank Kobe Bryant in your NBA all time greatest players list?

Where do you rank Kobe Bryant in your NBA all time greatest list?

• Total voters
If you remove the years that Kobe played with Shaq then he and Hakeems resumes are almost identical with a slight edge toward Hakeem. But when you add in THREE more NBA championships its kind of a wrap.

I’d say Hakeem was a better player than Kobe but Kobe career was better overall his body of work is better which is why he ranks over him on my list.

I probably have the most experience of anyone here. I played basketball the majority of my youth, through high school. It was my worst sport and I still got a scholarship. Not a great one, but still offered.
25808036_1.jpg

I have Kobe ranked over Bird, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, West, Big O, etc. The players I have ahead of Kobe would be Jordan, Magic, Russell, Kareem, Wilt and Lebron even though right now it’s a complete toss up.

Last edited:
4-6 depending of the day . Top 3 never change
1. Kareem
2. MJ
3. Wilt
4.Kobe
5.Magic
6.Bron
7.Duncan
8.Bird
9.Shaq
10.Hakeem
10b.Oscar
Wilt is #1 if we take titles out of the argument

Last edited:
4-6 depending of the day . Top 3 never change
1. Kareem
2. MJ
3. Wilt
4.Kobe
5.Magic
6.Bron
7.Duncan
8.Bird
9.Shaq
10.Hakeem
10b.Oscar
Wilt is #1 if we take titles out of the argument

How's Wilt #3? The guy played in an inferior league, where he's one of the only black guys in mostly all white league. Why else he could have scored a 100 points in one game? The guy is vastly overrated.

Best-to-worst climate in top 20 cities with the most US$ millionaires:
  1. San Francisco - 97.3
  2. Sydney - 97.1
  3. Los Angeles - 95.5
  4. Melbourne - 94.3
  5. Paris - 88.4
  6. London - 88.3
  7. Houston - 85.5
  8. Tokyo - 85.3
  9. Frankfurt - 84.7
  10. Hong Kong - 83.6
  11. Shanghai - 83.6
  12. Geneva - 82.6
  13. Dallas - 81.9
  14. Zurich - 81.5
  15. New York City - 79.7
  16. Seoul - 68.4
  17. Chicago - 66.1
  18. Toronto - 65.3
  19. Beijing - 57.6
  20. Singapore - 57.5

Last edited:
I don't like including big men in these discussions, they should be argued separately imo. I got Kobe somewhere in the top 5, I think both him and LeBron come up short of MJ for different reasons. Among big men Im partial to Hakeem and Shaq, have to throw Duncan in there too. Obviously I weigh the last 30 years way more than early era bball. Really you can break this up into era as well, way too many variables not to really.

As a guy who knows absolutely nothing about basketball, he’s one of the guys I’ve heard talked about most. Seems to be him, Jordan,LeBran, Shaq, and Magic.

<30>

You would put Shaq above Kobe ??? Maybe you don't know about basketball ...
I don't necessarily agree with that opinion, but it's not nearly as ridiculous as you make it out to be. Shaq was the driving force behind Kobe's first three championships. Granted, Shaq was in his prime at the time, while Kobe hadn't quite peaked yet. Kobe also won two championships as the clear best player on the team and with a supporting cast lesser than that of other greats like Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc.

But Shaq was an unstoppable force in his prime. He had physical gifts nobody else ever had. If his work ethic was equal to Kobe's, he would have been the clear GOAT. Even still, he's an all time great in his own right and I wouldn't put him too far behind Kobe.

Why is lebron over kobe? Kobe won two rings without shaq with pau gasol as the nexr best player. Lebron lost way too mamy times with all time greats along side him. Kobe has the better legacy.
LBJ has more physical gifts, and a more diverse skill set. He's seen as a more versatile player. Also, it seems like his health and longevity will cause him to break a TON of records.

Kobe really came alive in the play-offs.
In terms of regular season performance, I'd put him outside the top 15 in the 3-point era.

1. Jordan
2. LeBron
3. Robinson
4. Durant
5. Shaq
6. Garnett
7. Paul
8. Curry
9. Duncan
10. Dirk
11. Barkley
12. Karl Malone
13. Magic
14. Harden
15. McGrady

The problem is, 8 of those 15 never won NBA Finals MVP, Kobe won 2.
Is this list a joke? Seriously! No Bird, Hakeem or Kobe! That's 10 rings, 5 MVP's and 6 finals MVP's between them! Come on man!

I'm shocked so many people put Kobe in the top 5. There's no way

How's Wilt #3? The guy played in an inferior league, where he's one of the only black guys in mostly all white league. Why else he could have scored a 100 points in one game? The guy is vastly overrated.
Not true at all.

Kobe is one of the best shooting guards ever, let’s not compare a lion to a elephant.

Shaq needed Kobe, and Kobe needed Shaq to build their legacy. Jordan needed Pippen “, the list goes on. No one man carriers a team unless you’re Wilt or Hakeem.

Kobe is one of the best shooting guards ever, let’s not compare a lion to a elephant.

Shaq needed Kobe, and Kobe needed Shaq to build their legacy. Jordan needed Pippen “, the list goes on. No one man carriers a team unless you’re Wilt or Hakeem.
Hakeem is sooo underrated to me. Dude recorded TWO quadruple doubles. Off-the-charts skill level on both ends & like you said, singlehandedly carried a team to 2 titles, outplaying the likes of David, Patrick, Dikembe, & young Shaq in the process. Such a classy dude too. Love that guy

Kobe really came alive in the play-offs.
In terms of regular season performance, I'd put him outside the top 15 in the 3-point era.

1. Jordan
2. LeBron
3. Robinson
4. Durant
5. Shaq
6. Garnett
7. Paul
8. Curry
9. Duncan
10. Dirk
11. Barkley
12. Karl Malone
13. Magic
14. Harden
15. McGrady

The problem is, 8 of those 15 never won NBA Finals MVP, Kobe won 2.
Wait..... are you saying David Robinson at #3?

Back