Where do you rank Dc/Stipe in all time heavweight ranks?

Fedor would be the hardest hitting, best clinch fighting, best guard game from the back, most explosive fighter, with the best head movement, Jon Jones would have fought in his entire life.

Vitor came close to catch that arm too.
DC is superior to Fedor in all of those categories except off of his back. And Fedor sure gets a lot of credit for submitting guys with zero submission defense

You have cro crop ranked wayyyyy too high

fedor isn't the GOAT HW. DC would smash him

Based just on HW accomplishments, DC is fringe top 5.

Fedor,
Werdum
JDS
Stipe
Nog/DC

Of course, add in his LHW resume and he’s more accomplished than all of them besides Fedor which is damn close.

1)Fedor
2)Big Nog
3)Werdum
4)Cain
5)Miocic
6)Filipovic
7)Dos Santos
8)Cormier

I have Cormier as the 2nd GLHWOAT and way higher (top 10) on the all-time greats list than Miocic and most of the HWs above him.

Top 3:
#1 Fedor
#2 Stipe
#3 DC

#4 Werdum
#5 Big Nog
#6 Cro Cop
#7 Cain
#8 JDS
#9 Reem
#10 Randy

Fedor
Werdum
Nog
Stipe
Junior

DC is probably 8-10 somewhere

1)Fedor
2)Big Nog
3)Werdum
4)Cain
5)Miocic
6)Filipovic
7)Dos Santos
8)Cormier

I have Cormier as the 2nd GLHWOAT and way higher (top 10) on the all-time greats list than Miocic and most of the HWs above him.
DC's HW resume is better than his LHW resume and LHW has produced as much ATG champions in its history as HW. DC has to be higher on your list at HW, at the very least.

And Fedor sure gets a lot of credit for submitting guys with zero submission defense
Interestin´...What´s your assessment of Lee Hasdell´s skill set & its evolution, for instance?

Accomplishment wise stipe is probably top 5 and dc is probably lower top 10 (7-10 range)

Skillwise dc is top 3 imo

It depends on whether we're talking about best (i.e., highest peak) or greatest (i.e., most accomplished). I'll assume we're talking about greatest:

Fedor
Big Nog
JDS
Werdum
Stipe

And I'd probably put a few more guys ahead of DC. The reality is that DC simply doesn't have enough of a resume at HW. In his first run at HW, he had some quality wins, but he left the division before facing the top guys. As it stands, he only has 2 top 5 wins at HW (Stipe and Lewis).

It's tough. If we are talking talentwise I think DC is #1. Accomplishment-wise he doesn't have the resume, although he's undefeated and completely dominant.

Top 5 for me in no particular order:

• Fedor
  • Nog
  • Werdum
  • Stipe
  • DC
Just missing out are JDS and Cain. Stipe had a better title run than either, and DC was way more dominant than both and has a better chin.

You mean the one dimensional version of Fedor who was past his due date? Timing matters and we clearly saw what a difference the special sauce made in those guys performances. Hendo slowed down so much that snails were blowing past him and bigfoot went from an epic 5 round war with Hunt to barely being able to climb in the octagon within a year.
DC beat the shit out of special sauce Bigfoot right after he destroyed Fedor.

DC is superior to Fedor in all of those categories except off of his back. And Fedor sure gets a lot of credit for submitting guys with zero submission defense

Cormier loves eating head kicks, body shots, knees, leg kicks, etc. He's a far easier target than Fedor, who could block Cro-cop's body/head shots during his heyday.

And it doesn't take great armbars to catch Jon the way Vitor did. Vitor himself wasn't known for having great armbars, nor he was as slick as Fedor.

All in all, Fedor matches a lot better vs. Jones than DC.

Half of those fights were busy fights against outmatched opponents

DC's first 7 fight were against, who the fuck is that guy. Then he fought Monson who people at least know. He fought some Dion dude who I will probably have to google at some point after the Monson fight around when he fought Barnett. And yes, I had to look it up because, who the fuck are those guys again?

He spent a bunch of time cutting down to beat up lhw's and is just recently back fighting in his own weight class, lol. Point is, everyone has a few cans here and there.

Back