Where do you rank Dc/Stipe in all time heavweight ranks?

Are we gonna act like Jones doesnt smash Fedor?

Cro cop is a tougher match up for Jones than Fedor...

Fedor would be the hardest hitting, best clinch fighting, best guard game from the back, most explosive fighter, with the best head movement, Jon Jones would have fought in his entire life.

Vitor came close to catch that arm too.

Nah, it's Fedor, the guy who got smashed by Hendo and Bigfoot who DC effortlessly dispatched.

You mean the one dimensional version of Fedor who was past his due date? Timing matters and we clearly saw what a difference the special sauce made in those guys performances. Hendo slowed down so much that snails were blowing past him and bigfoot went from an epic 5 round war with Hunt to barely being able to climb in the octagon within a year.

I am still in the belief that Fedor and Big Nog are #1 and #2. Although the 3-5 rankings are very tough to place.

Werdum
JDS
Stipe

These three IMO are the next greatest HWs. At the moment I got JDS and Stipe pretty close and Werdum after. If Stipe wins this weekend I think he's a clear #3 and coming up on Big Nog. DC on the other hand I don't have ranked that high. His time at HW is just too short, he's got some great wins over Barnett, Mir and Silva and his win over Stipe is top notch. But that resume is rather short. DC I have somewhere 7-10

Fedor would be the hardest hitting, best clinch fighting, best guard game from the back, most explosive fighter, with the best head movement, Jon Jones would have fought in his entire life.

Vitor came close to catch that arm too.
Fedor would be the best fighter he has faced other than DC. But the fight wouldnt go to the ground with Jones' distancing and wrestling and Jones probably dictates where the fight goes.

He would back peddle and just kick the living shit outta Fedor. Fedor that forgot his complete game that fell in love with the overhand would lose handily.

ufc wise dc is prob 4th

top 3 are cain, stipe and jds. depends how u rank those 3

I am still in the belief that Fedor and Big Nog are #1 and #2. Although the 3-5 rankings are very tough to place.

Werdum
JDS
Stipe

These three IMO are the next greatest HWs. At the moment I got JDS and Stipe pretty close and Werdum after. If Stipe wins this weekend I think he's a clear #3 and coming up on Big Nog.

oh yeah I knew I was forgetting someone! Thanks! JDS !

Cro Cop always gets overrated in these discussions.

It's Fedor and Nog in the top two spots. Probably Werdum in the third spot.

After that you get the Cain/JDS/Stipe cluster. Cro Cop is hanging around guys like Barnett and Big Tim somewhere in the third cluster of HWs.

By pure skill and ability (not resume), I think DC beats every HW in history except Fedor in a ring (I think DC wins in a cage).

IT is travesty that someone like him beat Crocop.

Agreed. Crocop was already done and just collecting a paycheck. If Schaub felt he was the strongest guy he had ever fought or sparred with, imagine a younger elite crocop. Dude is fkin scary.

[QUOTE="jojoRed, post: 154224953, member: 536295"]Fedor would be the best fighter he has faced. But the fight wouldnt go to the ground with Jones' distancing and wrestling and Jones probably dictates where the fight goes.

He would back peddle and just kick the living shit outta Fedor. Fedor that forgot his complete game that fell in love with the overhand would lose handily.[/QUOTE]

Corrected. That was like the sun is the hottest thing you will see in this galaxy, other than the hot stove that's running hot at your apartment.

Cro Cop always gets overrated in these discussions.

It's Fedor and Nog in the top two spots. Probably Werdum in the third spot.

After that you get the Cain/JDS/Stipe cluster.

By pure skill and ability (not resume), I think DC beats every HW in history except Fedor in a ring (I think DC wins in a cage).

I think so as well. To be honest, I don't think Cro Cop is a top 10 all time HW. You got Fedor, Nog, Werdum, JDS, Stipe, Overeem, Mir, Cormier, Arlovski, and Cain ahead of him IMO.

Without giving it too much thought maybe something like this:

Fedor
Nog
Werdum
JDS
Stipe
Crocop
Cain
Overeem
DC

Fedor would be the best fighter he has faced other than DC. But the fight wouldnt go to the ground with Jones' distancing and wrestling and Jones probably dictates where the fight goes.

He would back peddle and just kick the living shit outta Fedor. Fedor that forgot his complete game that fell in love with the overhand would lose handily.

Based on what we have seen Jones do, I completely understand the analysis. What gives me a little pause is the fact that Fedor is universally recognized as very fast for a big man, even at his current mileage. He has shown to have very good timing and hits like a truck. The young version, with his clinch to throw grappling style and the fact that over half of his wins were submission makes me wonder.

The big thing for me was when I saw him walk down and beat up Crocop purely striking. Jones has the skills but I feel like this stuff must be considered. If you could find a time machine to bring Fedor to fight Jones next year, you could charge whatever you like for the ppv and get it.

Bigfoot was on TRT when DC made him look like an amateur.

Fedor has had 44 fights to Daniels 24 and Fedor started fighting almost 10 years before Daniel. I believe they were at very different points in their careers when they took on Silva which was close to the same time frame. If you want to be fair, which I have my doubts, this should be taken into consideration.

Fedor has had 44 fights to Daniels 24 and Fedor started fighting almost 10 years before Daniel. I believe they were at very different points in their careers when they took on Silva which was close to the same time frame. If you want to be fair, which I have my doubts, this should be taken into consideration.
Half of those fights were busy fights against outmatched opponents

Stipe is a legitimate top 5 GOAT status. DC arguably top 10, if being generous. A win on Saturday & a defense or two after would obviously elevate him higher though.

Back