Where do you guys rank The Walking Dead?

It is the most popular show on Cable TV. It has the kind of numbers that make Mad Men and Breaking Bad envious but as far as quality goes, where do you put it? Is it considered an all time great like the Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad? Or is thinking that just downright blasphemous? Is it a mediocre show with huge ratings? If so, who would you compare it to in terms of quality? Or is it pure dogshit?

It's good but I'd put it in the tier below the all time great shows that you mentioned. The zombie thing sorta gets played out after a while.

Comparing TWD to shows like The Wire and The Sopranos is like comparing being hungover and getting McDonalds to eating at a five star restaurant.

It's good but I'd put it in the tier below the all time great shows that you mentioned. The zombie thing sorta gets played out after a while.

I agree this massive influx of zombie shows, movies, video games. It's just getting too much.

But I do love that game 'The Last of Us'. One of the greatest games ever imo.

First season was good but kind of slow.
second season was brutally slow and boring
3rd season started picking up and by the end it was pretty good.
if they actually speed the show up and start killing more zombies and less crying time/romance time, it would be a lot better.
the biggest problem is rick is still kind of an idiot in the tv show. in the comics rick is the smartest guy basically who is also the most ruthless. they kind of wussified rick for tv. he straight up stabs a guy in the comics and looks up at everyone like "What".

Rick kills him in self-defense and all and everyone is horrified of the blood but rick and his crew are like meh. That's what's really is missing. Rick and his people have all been dumbed down and slowed down.In the comics they literally kill off on adversary after another and it's rare when they run into someone like the governor or Negan. and when they do it's ALL OUT WAR

*that's for all the comic bros following.

This is the best image to define rick in the comic book. Right after he stabbed a guy in front of his friends and family after the guy messed with his people. Rick's reaction to their shock and the blood.

2h6zf44.jpg

rick is a bad ass

Not really, alot of people prefer TWD over GoT. However I completely disagree, personally I think GoT kicks the shit outta TWD.

I prefer the walking dead over game of thrones. I was more bored with got.

Walking Dead is garbage. 'OMG Zombies!!!' is what keeps it popular

Low Winter Sun is a better show, and I only watched the pilot

I watched the first 2 seasons, then gave up on it. Ive seen a couple episodes after, and I actually did think they were better, but not enough to get me watching again. Im sorry, I think its a terrible show, at least what Ive seen of it. And no, I dont think the first season was good it was shitty imo but I stuck with it for some reason. My biggest problem was that the characters just do stupid things, for no reason other than to advance the contrived storylines. The whole show, if I had to use one word to describe it it would be:dumb. The characters, the storylines, the dialogue, everything is dumbed down to the extreme. The acting is decent though. I'm honestly baffled as to this shows popularity - hell I cant even explain why I watched it as long as I did, Ive never read the comics or anything - but good for them, they're giving the people what they want

what baffles me the most is I know people who love Breaking Bad and Walking Dead, and its frustrating as hell they don't see the HUGE gap in quality.

It's a generic Zombie outbreak show that focuses heavily on the characters

But the characters suck

Therein lies the big issue with it

Mediocre for the most part, It had massive potential imo but shoddy writing, poor characters and massive amounts of filler have ruined it.

what baffles me the most is I know people who love Breaking Bad and Walking Dead, and its frustrating as hell they don't see the HUGE gap in quality.

Meh I think most fans know the difference in quality between the two. BrBa is one of my all time faves and I also loved Dexter. I totally understand that BrBa diarrheas on Dexter but that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy the lesser quality show.

It's pretty meh. If BB, Wire, Sopranos are 10 then I'd give TWD a 3.5 in comparison.

There is an episode that is actually good every once in a blue moon. Then the episode proceeds to become overrated as fk because people are so used to crap that average turns into amazing.

Back