Where do you guys rank The Walking Dead?

IceAndFire**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It is the most popular show on Cable TV. It has the kind of numbers that make Mad Men and Breaking Bad envious but as far as quality goes, where do you put it? Is it considered an all time great like the Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad? Or is thinking that just downright blasphemous? Is it a mediocre show with huge ratings? If so, who would you compare it to in terms of quality? Or is it pure dogshit?

Its fun but I don't put it in that category

It is the most popular show on Cable TV. It has the kind of numbers that make Mad Men and Breaking Bad envious but as far as quality goes, where do you put it? Is it considered an all time great like the Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad or would it be blasphemous to think such things? Is it a mediocre show with huge ratings? If so, who would you compare it to in terms of quality? Or is it pure dogshit?

It doesn't compare with any of the shows you mentioned.

Not even close.

Those are real shows.

This won't be a popular response but imo better than GoT.

When it's good, it's the best show on Television.
When it's bad, it's star-wars-prequel-level ridiculous.

Great show, too inconsistent. Too much filler. It's like watching a live-action anime show that has caught up with the manga, or however that weeabo bullshit goes

Nowhere near my Top 25. Other than the incredible first season, it's just way too inconsistent to be considered a favorite.

This won't be a popular response but imo better than GoT.

Not really, alot of people prefer TWD over GoT. However I completely disagree, personally I think GoT kicks the shit outta TWD.

The first season was quite good. It has now become weekly entertainment pieces. No, it is not an all time great, as far as quality dramas go.

It's just ok, not great. The first half of the second season was incredibly slow. I almost gave up at that point but it did get a little better.

Not really, alot of people prefer TWD over GoT. However I completely disagree, personally I think GoT kicks the shit outta TWD.

I can understand why the population thinks it great and I do watch it, but I just don't hold in high esteem as others do.

First Season was great. Really went in the toilet after they fired all the season 1 writers. Stopped watching midway through season 2.

It's definitely not a tier 1 show like BB. Possibly 2nd tier, maybe 3rd.

It ain't even close. The acting is much better on GOT, the dialogue is much better, the story is much better, etc. GOT is a tier 1 show though. Walking Dead is decent but not on that level.

Last season felt like they took an hour of decent writing and tried to stretch it into 16 episodes.

It probably would be better if it was only a mini series with a completely different cast every season.

It strives really hard for mediocrity and sometimes achieves it

Otherwise it is a truly bad show

I watched the first season. Started the second. It's... watcheable, but not good.

Back