Where Are the PPV Numbers For Wilder/Ortiz 2

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Why is Fox hiding them. I heard rumors from 2500 to 37,500 to 70k but there is no source out there releasing info on how many buys the fight had. What is the reason for not releasing them by now. Anyone have a source to them? Looking for US Buys only. not nationwide streams or free county ratings.

Why is Fox hiding them. I heard rumors from 2500 to 37,500 to 70k but there is no source out there releasing info on how many buys the fight had. What is the reason for not releasing them by now. Anyone have a source to them?
FOX doesnt really ever release stuff like that. But im damn sure it did better than the numbers you just listed.
No way it did 2,500k-70k. That would be terrible.

FOX doesnt really ever release stuff like that. But im damn sure it did better than the numbers you just listed.

70k is the highest rumor I have heard. Someone said Rick Glaser started the 2500 rumor but said the next day it was more closer to 70K but no one is claiming to have a source to real numbers. Hopkins did 80k when he was on HBO

I can see fewer than 100k. It wasn’t exactly a fight anyone was clamouring for.

Venue wasn't sold out, there wasn't much hype for the fight and the PPV cost was absurd
I can see 70k being the lowest estimate topping at no more than 125k

Venue wasn't sold out, there wasn't much hype for the fight and the PPV cost was absurd
I can see 70k being the lowest estimate topping at no more than 125k

What was the PPV cost? I usually get PPV, but skipped this one.

Wilder has everything to become the most popular combat athlete of all time

Boxing sucks.

it almost doesn’t matter anymore. the only info it provides is financial. i know that the KO was all anyone was talking about on social media until the next morning. streams are so easy to get that i would assume at least a million people watch each big boxing match. the twitter reactions always seem to imply it.

Boxing sucks.
Not out of the ring he doesn't. His cringe-worthy bomb squad does nothing good, he mumbles every interview (don't discount the value of being well-spoken) and openly said he wants to kill someone in the ring. He's one of the least likable fighters at HW. It isn't promotions fault he isn't liked, he's a tool.

It was a crappy show!! Until the ko. I watched it because it was free at my pops house and I didn’t have anything to do while eating dinner.

Boxing sucks.

He's such an unlikable cunt, there's clearly a reason his PPV numbers are so small and he never sells out a venue. It isn't boxing's fault, he isn't charismatic like Conor was, he isn't a really nice guy that knocks people's heads off like Golovkin.
He's unappealing to the vast majority of people

He's such an unlikable cunt, there's clearly a reason his PPV numbers are so small and he never sells out a venue. It isn't boxing's fault, he isn't charismatic like Conor was, he isn't a really nice guy that knocks people's heads off like Golovkin.
He's unappealing to the vast majority of people
Hows he unlikable?
I can understand not liking Broner or Mayweather but Wilder is a likable guy.
His name is slowly coming along and ppl are starting to know his name.
If he KOs Tyson, hes gonna be very popular

They way he's been performing this last couple years and still hasnt caught the public imagination?
Damn, the forecasting is bad and Bob reckons Wilder/Fury 2 breaks 2 mil:confused:

I doubt it did as low as some of those estimates. 100k I could believe, which is still pretty bad.

Tbh, it wasnt the most compelling fight. Ortiz hasnt done anything of note since the first fight and was already being called a 50 year old back then. Plus he gave all he had the first time and showed that even when he had Wilder badly hurt for a good 30 seconds he didnt have the ability to turn the heat up enough to finish the job. I'm actually surprised Wilder didnt take him out quicker in the rematch.

Wilder vs AJ, Ruiz or rematching Fury would all do good numbers on PPV. Blame this fight and the ill advised attempt to put it on PPV.

it almost doesn’t matter anymore. the only info it provides is financial. i know that the KO was all anyone was talking about on social media until the next morning. streams are so easy to get that i would assume at least a million people watch each big boxing match. the twitter reactions always seem to imply it.
Financial is kind of a big deal since 10 second clips on social media don’t make any money, at least not directly.

They way he's been performing this last couple years and still hasnt caught the public imagination?
Damn, the forecasting is bad and Bob reckons Wilder/Fury 2 breaks 2 mil:confused:
That’s because he hasn’t been in any interesting fights besides the Fury one tbh.

one of my friends was shocked when I told him Wilder is in his mid 30s and has been fighting for over a decade. He couldn’t believe it and I told him it’s because for the majority of his career he fought nobodies.

I don’t know about 2 million but I expect a Fury rematch and an AJ/Ruiz fight to do well.

Back