Where are heavyweights?

I like HW slopfests, a lot. If there isn't a quick KO, we get to see what they're really made of. We get to see the most important facet of an MMA fighter's game: his heart. Because once they gas hard, they just want to collapse and be done with it. Whoever doesn't allow that to happen (if either) proves his worth.

I like HW slopfests, a lot. If there isn't a quick KO, we get to see what they're really made of. We get to see the most important facet of an MMA fighter's game: his heart. Because once they gas hard, they just want to collapse and be done with it. Whoever doesn't allow that to happen (if either) proves his worth.

"We've got just the thing for you!"

-Bellator

Ya I wish there were more huge dudes who hit really hard for 2 minutes and then gas out to the point of near death too.

There's like, 15 heavyweights in the world that don't do that and they're either injured all the time or just fought

No let's just have two dudes the size of eight graders bounce in and out for 15 or 25 minutes without getting tired, or inflicting any damage.

HWs are the most important weight class like it or not. Who cares if Dillashaw or Aldo are best in their weight class when even the weakest HW would put them in his pocket.

True. On the flip side of that I don't like watching buzzing bees sting each other a thousand times with no real results like in the "anything under lightweight" division which I lump together because I can't tell the difference anyway. LHW, MW and WW are where it's at.
Yep, like when TJ Dillashaw recently beat the shit out of Barao, or when Barao finished all of his title defenses.

No real results. :rolleyes:

If you're not looking to watch MMA, then why bother waiting for a big, professional MMA production to show it, and not just go watch some random fat guys in a bar fight?

That's entertaining sometimes too. Try not to be such a snob.

No let's just have two dudes the size of eight graders bounce in and out for 15 or 25 minutes without getting tired, or inflicting any damage.

HWs are the most important weight class like it or not. Who cares if Dillashaw or Aldo are best in their weight class when even the weakest HW would put them in his pocket.

Fight fans?

Didn't the UFC sign alot of HW's recently? Because I heard there were only 30 HW's in the UFC a month or so ago, that's why they brought AA back.

That's why Mayweather is the highest paid athlete in the world and sets PPV records, right?

I like how you threw women in there even though they haven't had one fight in the last 4 events and only have one confirmed fight in the next 4 events.....

I love to see how some people is starting to see that the HW's aint that fun. I'd rather see 15 minutos of action, Muay thai, wrestling, speed and recovery than 2 minutes of punching and 13 minutes of 2 guys trying to breath

Thats why Bigfoot vs. Hunt was so great. Two guys who were exhausted but refused to give up.

Boxing has been asking the same thing for a while now. It's hard to find the right combination of size, skill, and athleticism. It would be awesome to have a stacked HW division. At best it looks like outside of Cain, JDS and a couple of others it's just going to be some big for nothing guys.

Heavyweight is a small, shallow division. One that allowed a natural LHW, Couture become champ, that allowed Brock to waltz into MMA. It is full of guys that are past their primes but still treading water in a talent-poor division. Why do you think they signed Arlovski? The division is not doing that hot right now. There are a few stand out talents, but not enough to really meet your demands. Why not just get excited about LHW? It is a much better division and many of the people in it could beat up 90% of HWs anyway even though they may be smaller.

Heavyweight is a small, shallow division. One that allowed a natural LHW, Couture become champ, that allowed Brock to waltz into MMA. It is full of guys that are past their primes but still treading water in a talent-poor division. Why do you think they signed Arlovski? The division is not doing that hot right now. There are a few stand out talents, but not enough to really meet your demands. Why not just get excited about LHW? It is a much better division and many of the people in it could beat up 90% of HWs anyway even though they may be smaller.

do you think fighters like Bader or Glover should try to fight at HW? Do you think they could beat up Roy Nelson or Stipe?

do you think fighters like Bader or Glover should try to fight at HW? Do you think they could beat up Roy Nelson or Stipe?

As I said, 90%. If you are elite at LHW, you have a chance to win the title at LHW. If you go to HW, you could be successful to a point but would stall against the few actual talents like JDS, Cain, etc. I absolutely think there are LHWs that could beat Roy Nelson with the right strategy. Maybe Stipe, too. I don't know if Bader is one of those guys since he hasn't really looked good for a while. Probably not, but also note that I didn't say all LHW guys could do it.

They're playing in the NFL making far more money for not being punched in the face.

Back