Where are heavyweights?

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
These days we see bunch of small guys and women fights. I wish every card had at least one HW fight. How many hw fights happening in one year? Seems extremely rare.

bellator-121-big-640x395.jpg

There are only 40 heavyweights on the entire roster, and that's counting people that fight on the pre-pre fights.

HW's should have their own cards 3 times a year on FightPass, with the exception of the title fights which can be on PPV.

Ya I wish there were more huge dudes who hit really hard for 2 minutes and then gas out to the point of near death too.

There's like, 15 heavyweights in the world that don't do that and they're either injured all the time or just fought

I'd be happy if the UFC had 10, in shape heavyweights that could go 25 minutes.

Thank god there aren't that much heavyweight fights. I think every non-top 15 heavyweight should get cut. I don't want to watch Jared Rosholt hump a guy that is about to pass out from exhaustion.

I would like to see the UFC try to put together a better heavyweight division. I know they have tried. There are too few talented big men. Hence why they need to sign Kharitonov. And please give Mark Hunt a couple easy fights to polish his record. He is almost 9-9.

if more than 10% of HW fights were exciting, then I'd wonder the same thing. As it stands, they're better off hiding most of the HW prospects on the prelims, where they can part time it up and gas out in 20 seconds

Thank god there aren't that much heavyweight fights. I think every non-top 15 heavyweight should get cut. I don't want to watch Jared Rosholt hump a guy that is about to pass out from exhaustion.

True. On the flip side of that I don't like watching buzzing bees sting each other a thousand times with no real results like in the "anything under lightweight" division which I lump together because I can't tell the difference anyway. LHW, MW and WW are where it's at.

I would like to see the UFC try to put together a better heavyweight division. I know they have tried. There are too few talented big men. Hence why they need to sign Kharitonov. And please give Mark Hunt a couple easy fights to polish his record. He is almost 9-9.

Too few talented big men?

Gtfo.

Heavyweights are fun, but athletic guys who are that heavy and are not simply obese couch potatoes are extremely rare. Therefore, athletic heavyweights who are also decently skilled in MMA is even more rare.

There's just not enough guys like that in the world. Almost all of them are in the UFC these days, and the UFC knows they're a draw and puts them on cards whenever they can, but "whenever they can" just isn't a terribly large number.

Ya I wish there were more huge dudes who hit really hard for 2 minutes and then gas out to the point of near death too.

I know that you are being sarcastic but I actually would like that.

I really really hope 176 gets a hw comain. Maybe even 177. But 176 is looking pretty weak so far.

Aldo vs mendes 2
Bethe correia vs baszler
Maynard vs camoes
Formiga vs makovsky

I rarely complain about cards, in fact I try to justify many to those that do.. but man, if those are 4 of the 5 main card fights... yuck. A solid hw comain would be great, formiga/makovsky deserves main card or prelim main event. Maynard/camoes I'm guessing will make the main card, but a better fight will prob be put on the televised prelims. And the ladies... ugh.

I know that you are being sarcastic but I actually would like that.

If you're not looking to watch MMA, then why bother waiting for a big, professional MMA production to show it, and not just go watch some random fat guys in a bar fight?

Too few talented big men?

Gtfo.

I won't. I won't. I'll get the fuck in. And stay right here.

I don't know. What's the problem with the division then? It doesn't seem to be that hyped. No one is really that excited about the HW's. Why? What is your explanation? You didn't like mine, so provide me a better one.

These days we see bunch of small guys and women fights. I wish every card had at least one HW fight. How many hw fights happening in one year? Seems extremely rare.

That's because the HW division only makes up 7.5% of the roster (37/493 fighters). I'm not sure what you're definition of "small guys" is, but LW and under makes up 48.6% of the roster (240/493). So yeah, you probably will see more of them.

Back