Where are heavyweights?

I really wish the kinds of posters I quoted would just go to/go back to pro wrestling where their unspoken need for big muscley men can be forever satisfied. It would work out better for everyone.
Rassling fans appreciate technique. Don't compare them to UFC fans. That's an insult.

Rassling fans appreciate technique. Don't compare them to UFC fans. That's an insult.

The kids watching won't. Who I have decided to pretend make up a vast majority of WWE fans. Don't take this away from me you sonuvabitch.

I actually don't mind not seeing two huge men gas after 2 minutes.

The wrestling smarks do. They are the equivalent to the non insane UFC fan. The rest just want to see John Cena or giant men slam each other. They are your juice head UFC fans who want it to be like a tough man competition.

HW used to be good at one time. It seems like everybody now is just an old man from older days, and the new guys on the block have no serious skills.

I just don't see the love for the smaller guys.

The only smaller guys in boxing who got love were guys who went up weight classes and were champ in multiple weight classes. We have virtually none of that in the ufc. All the smaller guys tend to be pussies who cut 20 lbs to fight at the lowest possible weight.

Heavyweights are badasses, They don't care how much the guy they are facing weighs.

Someone like BJ Penn is a badass and will be respected forever because he didnt care if he was like 165 lbs he would fight someone 200 lbs or more and captured belts in 2 divisions.

Those are the types of smaller fighters that deserve respect and admiration.

GSP was one of the biggest draws in MMA and he was also cutting 20 pounds. What a pussy, right? A lot of the smaller guys you're talking about did fight bigger for a long time. New weight classes gave them the opportunity to drop down and try a new weight.

As far as you not seeing the love, well on one hand, they don't have huge drawing power (though the Johnson/Dodson fight on Fox did pretty good). But if you just look around here on Sherdog, there are plenty of fans of all of the sub-LW divisions.

FLW is worse. There is 0 interest yet. I can only name 3 fighters. Benavidez, johnson and dodson.. or and mccall ok thats 4.

LW is not interesting at all right now either. I dont care about any fights at LW.

If you don't know anyone besides them, you're just not paying attention. You don't know Brad Pickett or Scott Jorgensen? You don't know former Bellator BW champ Makovsky? You don't know Cariaso? Or Lineker, who was dropping dudes left and right and probably would have got a title shot if it weren't for him missing weight multiple times? They did make a big deal about that.

Just because you have 0 interest doesn't mean nobody else does. Just because you don't know the fighters doesn't mean anything. For all I know, you might not be able to name 10 guys in any division. That doesn't mean shit. Quality isn't measured by one fan's knowledge of fighters.

HW used to be good at one time. It seems like everybody now is just an old man from older days, and the new guys on the block have no serious skills.

Even in the days of Nog, Cro Cop and Fedor, HW has always been complete shit skill wise. Few good guys at the top and thats about it

Back