Where are heavyweights?

Ya I wish there were more huge dudes who hit really hard for 2 minutes and then gas out to the point of near death too.

There's like, 15 heavyweights in the world that don't do that and they're either injured all the time or just fought

Bullshit, there's plenty more. UFC needs to start signing in some big boys. Pride was succesful because of its diverse and athletic heavyweight division.

No let's just have two dudes the size of eight graders bounce in and out for 15 or 25 minutes without getting tired, or inflicting any damage.

HWs are the most important weight class like it or not. Who cares if Dillashaw or Aldo are best in their weight class when even the weakest HW would put them in his pocket.

Are some of you really still trying to say the smaller guys cant hurt each other? Go watch Lineker, Dodson, Horiguchi, Scoggins, and Joe B fight. They are dropping dudes left and right. That isnt even feather or bantamweights. Thats flyweight. This whole "they cant hurt each other" crap is nothing more than a myth.

MMA is an extremely cardio-dependent sport. The number of big dudes that are both strong AND have cardio is very very small. As great of athletes as they are for their sport, most NFL players wouldn't last more than 30 seconds in a MMA fight. There just aren't many guys out there cut out to fight at a high level who are also very big dudes.

Bullshit, there's plenty more. UFC needs to start signing in some big boys. Pride was succesful because of its diverse and athletic heavyweight division.

The thing is, a LOT of guys in the LHW division right now would have been heavyweights in PRIDE and vice versa. Times have changed and weight cutting is big now.

Drop some names then. Heavyweight is thin inside the ufc and almost a wasteland outside.

If you're not looking to watch MMA, then why bother waiting for a big, professional MMA production to show it, and not just go watch some random fat guys in a bar fight?

I hate to break it to you, but the HW division is for the people who are truly the best in the cage. Not the straightest punches, or the best cardio, but the best fighters. Cain is literally the best fighter in the world. Not P4P, or any other made up measurement, any man who steps into the cage with him will get wrecked.

HW shows who truly is the best fighter in the world.

I hate to break it to you, but the HW division is for the people who are truly the best in the cage. Not the straightest punches, or the best cardio, but the best fighters. Cain is literally the best fighter in the world. Not P4P, or any other made up measurement, any man who steps into the cage with him will get wrecked.

HW shows who truly is the best fighter in the world.

A fucking men. I'm not a big guy at 5'10 and 200lbs. When I fight now I cut to 185, and I love watching heavyweights go at it. It's cool to see the best fighters in the world.

And seriously, there's plenty of heavyweight talent the UFC doesn't sign. Sergei Kharitonov would beast most guys in the UFC. Aleksander Emelianenko is another. When Semmy Schilt was around him to. I can name many more.

lol its a myth that the HW fights arent exciting. they are all finishers and really good. the lighterweight fights mostly suck and go to decisions after 1000 punches. the hw fights in ufc are awesome

Ya I wish there were more huge dudes who hit really hard for 2 minutes and then gas out to the point of near death too.

There's like, 15 heavyweights in the world that don't do that and they're either injured all the time or just fought

HW is not as bad as people make it out to be. It is a really fun division with a finishing rate of over 70% (over 20% higher finishing rate than the next highest division)

If you like finishes then you should like watching HWs.

Too bad not much new talent has been coming to the HW division. Up until Nog lost to Nelson 5 of the Top 10 HWs were former Pride fighters and Pride has been dead for over 8 years. (Now 4 of the Top 10 are former Pride fighters which is crazy when the MMA landscape changes so fast)

8 years is an eternity in MMA. Where is the new HW talent?

this p4p stuff is nonsense, they got someone like Mighty Mouse on the p4p best fighter list.. haha what a joke, someone like Stipe Miocic who is not on the p4p list would starch Mighty Mouse in under 1 minute.

this gassing stuff is a myth, look at the stats from ufc.com.. most HW fights finish in the 1st and 2nd round by KO/TKO. there are not many decisions at all. its the highest of any division for finishes by far.

A lot of people in this thread have short/little man syndrome.

Don't hate on people just because they are bigger then you.

Heavyweights gas faster because they are going harder. They are more powerful that requires more energy.

They are also the very best fighters on the planet. Most fighters from MW and LHW are actually HW fighters who cut down because they don't want to compete with the HWs. They are scared of the power they possess.

Who doesnt wanna see the very best fighters on the planet?

UFC needs to work on their heavyweight division. The UFC only added the smaller divisions to get marquee fighters in countries where their average body weight is like 100 lbs(asia and latin america).

this p4p stuff is nonsense, they got someone like Mighty Mouse on the p4p best fighter list.. haha what a joke, someone like Stipe Miocic who is not on the p4p list would starch Mighty Mouse in under 1 minute.

lmao, post of the day.

Bu bu but it isn't fair that HWs are so much bigger. Smaller guys are faster and have more technique blah blah blah.

Aldo would get beat even by modern day fat Tim Sylvia. What does it matter who has the most skill when Aldo would get crushed? Who is the better fighter? Out of shape Tim because he would win.

P4P lists punish big guys for having power but pretend that a smaller guy would be just as fast if he was the same weight. If a small guy was bigger he would have a different skill set. He would lose speed. PFP is nonsense.

HWs would beat guys in smaller weight classes the majority of the time. There are always instances in where they could get caught but HWs are the best fighters in the world with by far the highest finishing rate.

this gassing stuff is a myth, look at the stats from ufc.com.. most HW fights finish in the 1st and 2nd round by KO/TKO. there are not many decisions at all. its the highest of any division for finishes by far.

Lol ur joking right? Most end by ko/tko bc they gas and get finished. Oh man I hope ur trolling. I don't even care if I did get trolled

this thread makes me want to commit suicide or nuke the whole world, bashing, talk shit about lower weigh class prove that your brain is made of trash

A lot of people in this thread have short/little man syndrome.

Don't hate on people just because they are bigger then you.

Heavyweights gas faster because they are going harder. They are more powerful that requires more energy.

They are also the very best fighters on the planet. Most fighters from MW and LHW are actually HW fighters who cut down because they don't want to compete with the HWs. They are scared of the power they possess.

Who doesnt wanna see the very best fighters on the planet?

UFC needs to work on their heavyweight division. The UFC only added the smaller divisions to get marquee fighters in countries where their average body weight is like 100 lbs(asia and latin america).

I don't think it's little man syndrome. More likely, they get tired of people saying stupid shit about the smaller weight classes, like when people say, "they can finish" when they often do, "I could kick their asses" when they couldn't, "they look like 5th graders" when none of us have ever seen a 5th grader jacked like Mighty Mouse, and all of the other numerous dumb shit people say.

For me, I love the HWs and the FLWs both. But most of the time, when people start bashing the smaller fighters, they say the dumbest shit. Every now and then, you get somebody who says something like, "if other people like it, that's fine, but it just isn't for me." I can respect the guy who says this. But more often than not, the regurgitate the same old tired myths/bullshit, talk out of their asses, and just act like jackasses in general. So you'll have to excuse people for going on the offensive.

I don't think it's little man syndrome. More likely, they get tired of people saying stupid shit about the smaller weight classes, like when people say, "they can finish" when they often do, "I could kick their asses" when they couldn't, "they look like 5th graders" when none of us have ever seen a 5th grader jacked like Mighty Mouse, and all of the other numerous dumb shit people say.

For me, I love the HWs and the FLWs both. But most of the time, when people start bashing the smaller fighters, they say the dumbest shit. Every now and then, you get somebody who says something like, "if other people like it, that's fine, but it just isn't for me." I can respect the guy who says this. But more often than not, the regurgitate the same old tired myths/bullshit, talk out of their asses, and just act like jackasses in general. So you'll have to excuse people for going on the offensive.

I just don't see the love for the smaller guys.

The only smaller guys in boxing who got love were guys who went up weight classes and were champ in multiple weight classes. We have virtually none of that in the ufc. All the smaller guys tend to be pussies who cut 20 lbs to fight at the lowest possible weight.

Heavyweights are badasses, They don't care how much the guy they are facing weighs.

Someone like BJ Penn is a badass and will be respected forever because he didnt care if he was like 165 lbs he would fight someone 200 lbs or more and captured belts in 2 divisions.

Those are the types of smaller fighters that deserve respect and admiration.

Back