When will Yusuf “Borz” Raisov be headed to the UFC?

I think the appeal is Russia being a (somewhat) Western country that has native MMA talent/their own wrestling culture. No other Western country except the US has that. Russia also has a certain masculine ideal that Americans don’t have.

Idk bro maybe with the rise of SJW culture it might not be as present but to me and probably alot of people outside the US.
USA will always be Beefcake land.

Because Kadyrov uses ACA to wash down his criminal acts. He wants to put on a front and pretend he's a good guy to the face of the world.
Personally I think he just really likes MMA

I don't think he's anything special tbh. He'd probably be scrapping it out with the likes of Roosevelt Roberts and people like that in the UFC.
I disagree, I see a bit of Khabib and Yan in him. He just needs to refine his game a bit and he’s money.

I disagree, I see a bit of Khabib and Yan in him. He just needs to refine his game a bit and he’s money.

I think Bibert Tumenov is the FW/LW prospect from ACA to keep an eye on personally.

But time will tell which one goes further.

I think Bibert Tumenov is the FW/LW prospect from ACA to keep an eye on personally.

But time will tell which one goes further.
Just looked him up, he has a longer body type but still has KO power. Nice prospect.

I’m betting we see him in the UFC by summertime
Amir Muradov, who owns AMC Fight Nights promotion (previously was known as Fight Nights, Fight Nights Global) and also a friend of Raisov said that probably Raisov-Makhno fight will happen in June or July in his promotion. So, maybe Raisov will end up in UFC, but not by summertime of 2021.

Amir Muradov, who owns AMC Fight Nights promotion (previously was known as Fight Nights, Fight Nights Global) and also a friend of Raisov said that probably Raisov-Makhno fight will happen in June or July in his promotion. So, maybe Raisov will end up in UFC, but not by summertime of 2021.

NO WAY UFC will sign him in near future... there are Fighters like Rustam Kerimov, Albert Tumenov, Alexander Shabliy, Duraev... who didnt get a UFC Contract and these Fighters are on a great Winnings streak. The loss against Reznikov killed his chances for a while, he needs a couple of good wins or can go to bellator...

NO WAY UFC will sign him in near future... there are Fighters like Rustam Kerimov, Albert Tumenov, Alexander Shabliy, Duraev... who didnt get a UFC Contract and these Fighters are on a great Winnings streak. The loss against Reznikov killed his chances for a while, he needs a couple of good wins or can go to bellator...

You never know with them when it comes to Russian fighters. They don't give a contract to Kerimov or Magomedov, but Grigori Popov? Sure why not?

You never know with them when it comes to Russian fighters. They don't give a contract to Kerimov or Magomedov, but Grigori Popov? Sure why not?
with the next Event in Russia every decent free agent can get a contract. Now Popov wouldnt get a contract as well

Maybe when he beats someone who is not a can?
As soon as he lost to a decent fighter, next fight he got the Kadyrov special. That's why Magomeds build up these 15-0 records. Many such cases.

<Dany07>

We won't know until they stop feeding him cans. So far I'm not that impressed with his crotch sniffing.

You hate Dagestanis but you also hate Chechens. Does your hate expands to all eastern euros,too, or just the Caucasian variety? Legit question.

As for me, I welcome our Chechen overloards.

I don't know about that, I am not russian, just interested on the subject. I have no doubts a lot of chechen fighters, being muslim and living in the caucasus do share Kadyrov's views on a lot of things, but I know that some athletes have been able to distanciate themselves from him, it probably helps if he had never tried to approach them in the past. I have no idea how Ali persuades his clients to hang out with kadyrov. I would like to know. It wouldnt surprise me if Kadyrov didnt try to strong arm them with some back handed threats/compliments but as I said I am not russian and I am no journalist either.

Kadyrov is a very powerful man in one of fighting's meccas. Fighters will find it gratifying to hang out with him. Not hard to understand.

The real world is not some Anglosax media where everyone is virtue signalling. You want to boycott Kadyrov? You need to boycott the whole Gulf region, too. Unless you are an ignorant / hypocrite, what a good chunk of the English speaking world is. But not everyone.

Abdul Aziz Abdulvakhabov is the guy they should get, though I'm not sure he wants to leave ACA. He'd do absolutely fine against good level UFC competition imo.

I like ONE s Ramazanov. Insane chain wrestling.

I guess sometimes they just sign people because of diversity (like Popov or Palatnikov). If you look at Dagestani fighters, their bio is pretty much like that -- I am Sunni Muslim, I went to sport because my father/uncle/brother was an athlete, I found out that I am not good enough/there is no money in sport so I transitioned to mma. So UFC can sign something like 50 good Dagestani guys but aside from their parents and coaches nobody will be able to tell them apart from each other.
In Popov case -- he is not that standart Russian Orthodox Christian Slav #67 or Muslim With Beard And Trimmed Moustache From Russia #60 he is non-European looking guy of exotic ethnicity and has kinda friendly/fun personality. I think it shouldn't be a surprise if UFC signs some Russian of some Mixed Race origin or rare ethnicity or these ex-addicts from Khabib's team/gym (maybe I'm wrong and only 1 is his friend and from his team).

Back