When will Yusuf “Borz” Raisov be headed to the UFC?

The Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seemingly a hot prospect from the Russian MMA circuit with a large social media following, it seems like he will probably be headed to the UFC in a couple years. He is only 25 years old now and would most likely be a 145lb fighter, being that he was a Featherweight champion in another organization but is currently fighting at their Lightweight division. Maybe some Russian speaking users can give us more information on this Chechen.

C68081FC-E008-42C4-9F2A-4BC07635C64E.jpeg

His most recent bout:

Highlight video:

Last edited:
Maybe when he beats someone who is not a can?
As soon as he lost to a decent fighter, next fight he got the Kadyrov special. That's why Magomeds build up these 15-0 records. Many such cases.

Since he fights for ACA who is banned from doing any business in in the US and anyone from the US is banned from doing any business with ACA, so you won't see him in the UFC any time soon. Which is a shame, the guy is legit.

As soon as he lost to a decent fighter, next fight he got the Kadyrov special. That's why Magomeds build up these 15-0 records. Many such cases.
So he is connected to Kadyrov? People say Chechen fighters are somewhat privileged in that way

Last edited:
Since he fights for ACA who is banned from doing any business in in the US and anyone from the US is banned from doing any business with ACA, so you won't see him in the UFC any time soon. Which is a shame, the guy is legit.
What reason is this for? I’m guessing Kadyrov connections?

We won't know until they stop feeding him cans. So far I'm not that impressed with his crotch sniffing.

So he is connected to Kadyrov? People say Chechen fighters are privileged in that way, we don’t want another Zelim Imadaev.

Not all chechen fighters are 'directly' associated to kadyrov. But I remember couple of years UFC had signed a guy who was literally Kadyrov's right arm, didnt last long though, thankfully.

I don't think he's anything special tbh. He'd probably be scrapping it out with the likes of Roosevelt Roberts and people like that in the UFC.

Aca fighters aren't cans.

Aca is one of the best and most regarded orgs in Russia, calling its fighters cans because they don't fight in the UFC is just dumb.

Not all chechen fighters are 'directly' associated to kadyrov. But I remember couple of years UFC had signed a guy who was literally Kadyrov's right arm, didnt last long though, thankfully.
Tell me. How do fighters get involved with Kadyrov. Is it by force? Is it one of those
"okag zabit, we don't have to take the photo. By the way how's your mom doing?" type shit where people are strong armed? Or do people willingly get involved with him? Also how deep are said ties? Are they severable? Does ali compel his clients contractually to hang with kadyrov? Why is edgar of all people involved with such circles, seminars? I know he's in dominance with ali and them but still.

Aca is one of the best and most regarded orgs in Russia, calling its fighters cans because they don't fight in the UFC is just dumb.
As far as fighting is concerned, if it's good enough for the russians, it's good enough for me.

Why was it banned? Kadyrov?

Tell me. How do fighters get involved with Kadyrov. Is it by force? Is it one of those
"okag zabit, we don't have to take the photo. By the way how's your mom doing?" type shit where people are strong armed? Or do people willingly get involved with him? Also how deep are said ties? Are they severable? Does ali compel his clients contractually to hang with kadyrov? Why is edgar of all people involved with such circles, seminars? I know he's in dominance with ali and them but still.

I don't know about that, I am not russian, just interested on the subject. I have no doubts a lot of chechen fighters, being muslim and living in the caucasus do share Kadyrov's views on a lot of things, but I know that some athletes have been able to distanciate themselves from him, it probably helps if he had never tried to approach them in the past. I have no idea how Ali persuades his clients to hang out with kadyrov. I would like to know. It wouldnt surprise me if Kadyrov didnt try to strong arm them with some back handed threats/compliments but as I said I am not russian and I am no journalist either.

Back