When Will The UFC INtroduce The 115-Pound Strawweight Division

My wife is tough as hell but I don't want to see men AKA boys her size fight.

Lmfao I would love to see you call one of those 115lb badasses a "boy" to their face.

Preferably in front of your wife so you be real emasculated

Jesus Christ.

Hopefully never. This is geting ridiculous.

need a couple more years of 115 pounds and a org to give it a shine. like wec did with the feather and bantamweights.

plus plenty will be out there, mexicans, asians and all nations have 115's. just give it time.
let people of all sizes "bang!"

We do but some men with smaller members simply do not have the confidence to try it on with women.

On a serious note i personally thought 135 is the smallest they should go.

Hopefully soon, UFC needs a weight division my scrawny ass can fight in.

Maybe afterward we'll have Bob Sapp comes out and do some bicep curls with both fighters.

I could never get into that. Even the 125 pounders are hard for me to watch and I'm a huge fan. Whenever I see the ref towering over them I just can't take them seriously.

I'd be most interested in seeing a good 115 or 125 pounder fight some bigger Joe Schmo guy to see what happens.

Mighty Mouse vs. Tank Abbott. Make it happen Dana!

Any man over 5'3" is going to weigh a lot more than 115. There aren't many men that short in the Western world, sorry.

Correct, guys who fight 115 will not be as miniature as the weight suggests. They'd be cutting from 130-135, with some freaks making it from 140. I'm 5'6'' and a scrawny 128 but I could theoretically make 115. It's not like I'm this little mice at the office. I'm about average height actually, just very skinny. I'm sure 5'9'' guys who walk around 138-140 lb compete at 115.

Here we go again.

The same thing I say in every one of these threads and no one seems to understand.. They don't actually weigh 115... They probably weigh 145 or so.

Then they can fight at 145/135/125. There is no need for another fucking division.

The UFC should cut the 125 too

Very little talent there. But if there was, why not? Some of my favorite Boxers belong in divisions lighter than 115 lbs and theres a lot of talent in those weight classes.

Boxing fans: Look up Kazuto Ioka and Roman Gonzalez. They're two of my favorite lighter weight fighters both fight at 108 lbs

Seriously? Carina Moreno, a 108lb women's boxing champ (not sure if she is still champ and she also fights at 112 sometimes) lives in my town and she is absolutely tiny. I can't imagine a guy that small.

How small do you have to be before you're considered a dwarf (I think that's the PC term now).

I could never get into that. Even the 125 pounders are hard for me to watch and I'm a huge fan. Whenever I see the ref towering over them I just can't take them seriously.

Then again Big John and Dan Mirg' tower over most people.

even less chance of finishes? no thanks.

The UFC doesn't need a 115 pound division. I have no problem with 115 pound MMA if they ever develop a decent talent pool but they'll never be big sellers.

There is so much talent in this division in asia. When will the UFC bring it in. If women can fight in the ufc then so should 115 pounders. This will make events even more stacked. Who is excited about seeing this? Get tweeting Dana to speed it up.

hopefully around the same time they make the 85lb anorexic div and the 50lb kid division

I like the smaller weight classes and don't share the opinion that watching them fight sucks, but 115 is pretty damn small. Do 115 pound guys even pack KO power? Kinda crazy. I don't think anytime soon though, the 125 pound guys haven't really taken off and barely have any recognition, 125 has like 4 or 5 guys that are somewhat recognizable hell it might be the whole division because I sure as hell can't name you more than about 4-5 guys in the 125 division, lol.

I work at a group home where there are 12 year olds that weigh more than 115. I don't mind the smaller weight classes, but 115 and 125 seem odd to me.

Back