When Will The UFC INtroduce The 115-Pound Strawweight Division

Children fighting professional MMA is too sick.

there are lots of great boxers in the 115 - 118 range. so I don't see why that would not apply to MMA as well.

in terms of when -- I don't see it happening anytime soon. the lower weight classes are already really shallow.

I understand that some posters on this forum really don't like the light weight fighters. however, I will point out that many of the biggest current stars in boxing fight at under 150. this includes guys like Pacman and Floyd who are making $ that MMA fighters can only dream of.

So there is interest, including in NA, in watching small fighters. I see no reason why that some interest would not extend to MMA. sure - 115 is really small and would be a niche division. but I think it would be sellable

not every country is filled with fat asses like america is

While it may be true that America is one of the most obese nations in the world, that doesn't change the fact that being 115 lbs as a full grown man either mans you're malnourished, or you're a legal midget.

For the love of God and all that is unholy, please; NO FUCKING 115 LBS WEIGHT DIVISION.

I don't know any full grown men who are 115 pounds and I know some rather slim guys. It's just too small and I'm a fan of 125 and 135. There can't possibly be more talent at 115 than there is at 125 and 125 is pretty weak.

The only upside to the Strawweight division that I can see, is that flyweight will now be my second least favorite division

They really need to focus on building talent in they're current divisions instead of adding new weight classes.

This was supposed to be WMMA bitchfest. You guys are ruining it with actual 115 discussion.

Try harder next time TS.

Here we go again.

The same thing I say in every one of these threads and no one seems to understand.. They don't actually weigh 115... They probably weigh 145 or so.

115 lbs?? Are you fucking serious?

This is getting ridiculous. I'm starting to think that some of you guys would seriously like it if the UFC opened up a midget division.

Umm.. I'd be all for a midget division..

After the flyweight hate, there would be no strawweight div in the ufc

The only upside to the Strawweight division that I can see, is that flyweight will now be my second least favorite division

tumblr_mbgj0o0gIZ1rrwwgco2_500.gif

tumblr_m8rgob154y1rrwwgco1_500.gif

Joseph+Benavidez+Drops+and+Pounds+Yasuhiro+Urushitani+UFC+on+FX+2.gif

21.gif

tumblr_mf4aanzdXw1rrwwgco1_500.gif

7.gif

flyweight sucks

need a couple more years of 115 pounds and a org to give it a shine. like wec did with the feather and bantamweights.

plus plenty will be out there, mexicans, asians and all nations have 115's. just give it time.
let people of all sizes "bang!"

Didn't know they had professional child fighting in Asia. I have to say I doubt it that would ever get passes hear.

When Faber drops down to 125 and loses the title fight.

When Florian comes out of retirement

While it may be true that America is one of the most obese nations in the world, that doesn't change the fact that being 115 lbs as a full grown man either mans you're malnourished, or you're a legal midget.

For the love of God and all that is unholy, please; NO FUCKING 115 LBS WEIGHT DIVISION.

Yeah because fighters don't cut weight and that is how much they weigh on fight night :rolleyes: God, some people on this forum are so retarded. 115 would actually be great because when MMA grows in the latino countries and in asia then it will have a lot of talent. That will be in years though. I doubt it will be anytime soon.

How about having height regulations too. The 185lb, 6'1" division, the 185lb 6'2" division, etc.
Imagine Jones compressing his spine, trying to cut 3 inches for the height-ins to make the 205 6'1" division.

How about having height regulations too. The 185lb, 6'1" division, the 185lb 6'2" division, etc.
Imagine Jones compressing his spine, trying to cut 3 inches for the height-ins to make the 205 6'1" division.

You only need height-ins for the midget division, or a doctors note proving your not a dwarve.

I think we have reached the limit of what fans will want or appreciate. Especially drunken Vegas fans.

Back