When/If Democrats regain power, should they resort to the same tactics as the Republicans have?

I know we're all supposed to be cynical and whatnot, but maybe it's the case that Democrats actually are the good guys, relatively speaking, instead of just wanting to be seen as good.

Well maybe being the good guy means having good outcomes, not just sitting on a high horse above it all.

People die because of shitty GOP healthcare policy. Things like the mass family seperation is because the democrats largely want to play fair. Is that really good? Or is it selfish

I know we're all supposed to be cynical and whatnot, but maybe it's the case that Democrats actually are the good guys, relatively speaking, instead of just wanting to be seen as good.

If you don't think the democrats are just as shady and play to the camera as much as the republicans so they can be seen favorably . . . dude.

Just like this Kavanaugh crap . . . Booker and Harris are being absolute drama queens to prop themselves up as some beacon of hope.

That Harry Reid, he was a saint.

We should all have a moment of silence in his honor.

Now to our bigger concern - What shall the left do? Obstruct hearings? Refuse to have appointments to judicial positions? Have a Resistance sleeper in different departments? Abolish the filibuster for judicial appointments?

Now, where were we, oh yes the moral high ground from the last Democratic Senate Majority Leader:

Harry Reid lied about Mitt Romney’s taxes. He’s still not sorry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...neys-taxes-hes-still-not-sorry/?noredirect=on

Quotable quote - When pressed by CNN's Dana Bash last year about continuing to defend a statement that is not true, Reid responded, "Romney didn't win, did he?"

Q: What about Republicans!
A: Yeah, they play hardball politics as well, but anyone who thinks the left is "playing fair" is deluded or lying to us.

But wait, do not ask me, rather listen to the last Democratic Senate Majority Leader on where to draw the line.

Is there a line he wouldn’t cross when it comes to political warfare?

“I don’t know what that line would be,” [Reid] said.

As can be seen in this thread, I am perfectly willing to engage someone across the aisle when I think they’re willing to engage in good faith.

I'm not really taking anyone's side, so don't get offended, but what part of the OP's argument do you think was presented in bad faith?

If you simply have a problem with him as a person, then he kind of has a point - you are just making this personal without addressing the substance of the thread.

If you take issue with some of the data he presented, what is it?

If you don't think the democrats are just as shady and play to the camera as much as the republicans so they can be seen favorably . . . dude.

Just like this Kavanaugh crap . . . Booker and Harris are being absolute drama queens to prop themselves up as some beacon of hope.
Drama Queen vs. Environmental Deregulation

etc.

There are definitely institutional realities that transcend party lines - there are also significant differences in Republican vs Democratic platforms. The democrats are much more willing to throw the middle class some crumbs, but you will not see any major players, on either side, suggesting anything dramatic when it comes to bucking the aristocracy's status quo.

The less the gov does the better all both sides ever do with is try to take more power and freedoms away from the people

lol. thats what i really appreciated about obama.....his willingness to reach across the aisle and include the republicans. he always wanted to hear what they had to say and implement their ideas when possible

I'm not really taking anyone's side, so don't get offended, but what part of the OP's argument do you think was presented in bad faith?

If you simply have a problem with him as a person, then he kind of has a point - you are just making this personal without addressing the substance of the thread.

If you take issue with some of the data he presented, what is it?
It paints the entire issue as one-sided, dishonestly ignoring years of Democratic obstructionism. On the issue of Kavanaugh, the Senate has more documentation than ever, but they just asking for more. It’s a tactic designed to make the GOP look evil, and the long-shot hope is that it delays things until after November so that maybe they can prevent the vote from happening until they have potential control of the Senate so that they can leave the seat unfilled until it’s their guy. So yes, his facts are wrong and/or misrepresent the truth.

He regularly does this, and he does it to try and take advantage of people who don’t know any better. He has no honor or integrity. It’s why he gets called out so regularly.

lol. thats what i really appreciated about obama.....his willingness to reach across the aisle and include the republicans. he always wanted to hear what they had to say and implement their ideas when possible

And instead of playing hardball with them he was soft and let them shut down the government and obstruct years after he passed a frikkin law. Yeah how smart of him lol.

You cant be soft and negotiate with zealots and fanatics. The GOP are fascists they only respect fascism. Once you start acting fascist toward them, then they will start to respect you.

Drama Queen vs. Environmental Deregulation

etc.

At least you're smart enough to not try to say Booker and Harris aren't playing to the cameras . . . thanks for that.

And the whole environmental regulation/deregulation topic would be a good discussion . . . but I will say that since our exiting republican governor (who is horrible) ordered a moratorium on salt water injection wells we haven't had as many earthquakes . . .

The Democrats probably should start an impeachment trial if they get the chance. Even if nothing comes out of it, Trump will not be re-electable unless the economies in the rust belt triple. Trump has so much baggage now, he is approaching Hillary.

It paints the entire issue as one-sided, dishonestly ignoring years of Democratic obstructionism. On the issue of Kavanaugh, the Senate has more documentation than ever, but they just asking for more. It’s a tactic designed to make the GOP look evil, and the long-shot hope is that it delays things until after November so that maybe they can prevent the vote from happening until they have potential control of the Senate so that they can leave the seat unfilled until it’s their guy. So yes, his facts are wrong and/or misrepresent the truth.

He regularly does this, and he does it to try and take advantage of people who don’t know any better. He has no honor or integrity. It’s why he gets called out so regularly.

Appreciate the answer. It's too bad you guys couldn't of had a reasonable debate about this - I haven't been paying much attention to the SCOTUS stuff to know any better ...

No, you fluffheaded asshole, they should keep steady on that high road that they’ve always been on.

Should democrats block Supreme Court nominations like Harry Reid did and republicans copied?
Well. I mean they did

Should they tell black people that if republicans win they’re going to put them back in chains?

Well I mean they did

I’m not sure what novel approach this is exactly

Awww, you got your feelings hurt because you got slapped down for coming into a thread to only throw insults and run away from substantive thought. And now you're spinning out with more insults and comforting yourself in the warm bosom of @lfd0311, one of the forum's most sterling intellects to be sure. Might as well join a book club with Palis to really exorcise those demons and stimulate the old noggin.

@Fawlty @Jack V Savage This is your decently intelligent right-winger? I see a spastic and childish dolt who couldn't handle the OP (or somehow even muster a coherent deflection), and is now belly aching about it five pages later.

Good to see you're still as easily mega-rustled as ever.

Should democrats block Supreme Court nominations like Harry Reid did and republicans copied?
Well. I mean they did

Should they tell black people that if republicans win they’re going to put them back in chains?

Well I mean they did

I’m not sure what novel approach this is exactly

The "Reid rule" has literally nothing to do with "blocking supreme court nominees" you fucking dunce.

Maybe you meant the "Biden rule" which you'll also note, never actually happened.

Own your party's scumbaggery you fuckin mook.

The "Reid rule" has literally nothing to do with "blocking supreme court nominees" you fucking dunce.

Maybe you meant the "Biden rule" which you'll also note, never actually happened.

Own your party's scumbaggery you fuckin mook.
You need to get out of your basement sometime

“More documentation than ever”?

This is flatly false, and yet I keep seeing rightwing people repeating it.

The two previously confirmed SCOTUS appointees under Obama released just about all of their documents. Not 4%, with some additional amount being leaked over the objection of the Majority Leader in the Senate and the Judiicial Com Chair.

Back