When/If Democrats regain power, should they resort to the same tactics as the Republicans have?

This makes you a terrible terrible American and person in my opinion.
You're saying that the constituency of the Federal Government is limited to people who picked the winner in the election. This is plainly the most incredibly obtuse thing you have ever posted in my opinion.

I'll give a caveat that I don't believe this for the President or at least not to any large degree.

That said and let's take political parties out of the equation for a second. I expect my Congressman to do what is best for San Diego not the country. I believe pork to be wasteful and likely should be done away with on a large scale policy level but while pork is part of america I want my congressman to get every last bite of pork for san diego. I would feel betrayed if he did something that was good for the country but bad for San Diego.

It's cause Lord Cuck @Lord Palis is an openly racist soyboy
I've never heard of someone having two titles of Lord. Or maybe you're just stuttering because you got no clue how to properly diss someone. Cmon... soyboy? wtf did that even come from? Racist? LOL! Typical Barack Hussein Obummer and Hillcuck fan. Openly calling anyone who they disagree with as racist. Sorry, Serena is ugly as fuck, on roids and has a shitty personality... and that isn't racist.

I've never heard of someone having two titles of Lord. Or maybe you're just stuttering because you got no clue how to properly diss someone. Cmon... soyboy? wtf did that even come from? Racist? LOL! Typical Barack Hussein Obummer and Hillcuck fan. Openly calling anyone who they disagree with as racist. Sorry, Serena is ugly as fuck, on roids and has a shitty personality... and that isn't racist.
It's ok, butter cup, no need to rage. We are all just having fun here.

tenor.gif

Here is a glimpse of your racism from another thread

The typical deflections from the libtard pukes itt are laughable.

@M3t4tr0n did your family make it ok?

I'm just checking to see if they're ok? It's dangerous crossing illegally.

Racism confirmed ;).

{<jimmies}

I think when the Dems regain control a list of all Trump cult members should be made. I bet there's a space on that list for you, cupcake. Don't worry, when they start the purges you could stay in my garage. I have wifi and ps4 :)

His comment was pretty sloppy but back in ye olden days lots of rulers had ridiculously long titles like "Lord of X, Lord of Y, Lord of Z etc" as a form of self aggrandizement.
That's a "Queen"? Yuck.

This is a Queen:
16867473389_38224ac3ea_b.jpg

A roided out of her mind disrespectful ugly twat is no "Queen".
That's the ugliest picture of Stacey Dash I have ever seen. Should've posted one of her smiling, she's got a killer smile.

*travels back in time 7 years ago* What if republicans use teh nuclear option to get a judicial nominee appointed if they regain power?

This is a topic that is particularly relevant to middle-of-the-roaders like @Fawlty.
41056486_2122761464403105_7349956320801325056_n.jpg

So, when and if Democrats regain power, should we once again ask that they return to the standards of good faith bipartisan governance? If history tells us anything, there is a good chance that the Republicans will continue to obstruct and then, when the GOP regains power, they will resort to the same dirty tricks - and our country will have been made worse for it.

Or should Democrats return the favor and cede the moral high ground to aggressively reverse the insidious and destructive policies pushed by the GOP, and risk an inescapable cycle of unaccountable partisan governance?

If, wif, shif...

Naggana happen bruh. You'll never win over any normies by threatening them with a Burkinabe-style Reign of Terror.

Also, LOL @ calling @Fawlty a "middle-of-the-roader."

If, wif, shif...

Naggana happen bruh. You'll never win over any normies by threatening them with a Burkinabe-style Reign of Terror.

Also, LOL @ calling @Fawlty a "middle-of-the-roader."
He's referring to me being middle of the road on what tactics the Democrats should employ if they retake the House, between going full Republican, or maintaining some dignity instead. I'm okay with either approach given that policy is the goal. Healthcare, infrastructure, environment, etc.

He's referring to me being middle of the road on what tactics the Democrats should employ if they retake the House, between going full Republican, or maintaining some dignity instead. I'm okay with either approach given that policy is the goal. Healthcare, infrastructure, environment, etc.

I see.
So if you're center-Left on tactics, what do "far-Left" tactics look like? Fistfights on the gallery floor? Surveil / jail the opposition? Paramilitary / guerilla insurgencies? Assassinations? These are Leftist tactics I usually hear about in places like Venezuela, Brazil, South Africa, Turkey, etc. (e.g., yesterday a Leftist tried to assassinate a Conservative Brazilian presidential candidate). Somehow I sincerely doubt Trotsky would be content with mere Senate rule changes and tabling of Republican bills. People like that want blood—literally.

And where did we get this idea that "full Republican" tactics are lacking in civility or dignity? Republicans are nerdy little homebody paper pushers. It's not like Republicans have been attacking, surveilling, and jailing their Democratic counterparts.

I see.
So if you're center-Left on tactics, what do "far-Left" tactics look like? Fistfights on the gallery floor? Surveil / jail the opposition? Paramilitary / guerilla insurgencies? Assassinations? These are Leftist tactics I usually hear about in places like Venezuela, Brazil, South Africa, Turkey, etc. (e.g., yesterday a Leftist tried to assassinate a Conservative Brazilian presidential candidate). Somehow I sincerely doubt Trotsky would be content with mere Senate rule changes and tabling of Republican bills. People like that want blood—literally.

And where did we get this idea that "full Republican" tactics are lacking in civility or dignity? Republicans are nerdy little homebody paper pushers. It's not like Republicans have been attacking, surveilling, and jailing their Democratic counterparts.
Gibbon-y gibberish here.

I meant exactly what I said.

This is a topic that is particularly relevant to middle-of-the-roaders like @Fawlty.

In the mid-1990s, Newt Gingrich came upon the realization that an opposition party would electorally benefit from mindless partisan obstruction, no matter how unprincipled or destructive. By fighting tooth and nail, even against policies they might otherwise support, and rendering government ineffective, they would benefit electorally.

This became standard GOP strategy during the Obama presidency, as the GOP controlled Congress, but the strategy against good faith governance, bipartisan cooperation, and adherence to longstanding precedent on transparency and political responsibility has carried over into the Republicans' current in-power status. This can be best seen in their blatant hypocrisy and refusal to engage in good faith governance on the issues of healthcare and judicial nominations.

During debate on the ACA, Republicans loudly decried the lack of transparency and the lack of bipartisan compromise, despite hundreds of hours of debate and GOP amendments. Then, when trying to pass their own bill (which was universally panned by consumer groups), they actually engaged in the tactics of which they accused the Dems.

Similarly, McConnell and friends bitched and moaned about Kagan and Sotomayor being pushed through, despite the very thorough vetting and disclosure of the nominees, and are now pushing through their nominee in an unprecedented way.
41056486_2122761464403105_7349956320801325056_n.jpg

So, when and if Democrats regain power, should we once again ask that they return to the standards of good faith bipartisan governance? If history tells us anything, there is a good chance that the Republicans will continue to obstruct and then, when the GOP regains power, they will resort to the same dirty tricks - and our country will have been made worse for it.

Or should Democrats return the favor and cede the moral high ground to aggressively reverse the insidious and destructive policies pushed by the GOP, and risk an inescapable cycle of unaccountable partisan governance?

Here is what woll happen

*Dems win House by a little
*Republicans increase senate to 56 to 60 seats.
* Trump cia starts to use torture again against evil people. And cia helps regime change venezurla and cuba and all of latin america becomes far right.
*Ginsburg dies and breyer retires
*Republicans protect Trump and Supreme court does.
*Republicans do whatever they want on foreign policy. And fill up supreme court with conservatives. They pass abortion bans and regultion and undo homo marriage as god commands.
*Israel is protected and Islam is banned. People from shithoñe african countries banned..etc. russia becomes allies with america.
*Trump is reelected. Republicans get back house via changing districts and manipulation.
*war with Iran america wins. And iranians welcome new free government.
*ww3 against islam and north korea
*world food crisis
*Trump becomes supreme leader

Donald Jr succeeds his dad on the throne!

Gibbon-y gibberish here.

I meant exactly what I said.

Ey bruh, be cool. Be thankful that I'm gracious enough to verbally engage underrepresented, powerless people like yourself. Where's your gratitude?

My kind? What the hell is that supposed to mean? You sound super intolerant...

Doesn't really pertain to me. Sounds like you just want to misrepresent facts so that you can try to "win." I'm shocked, as usual...
Your contribution to this thread so far is 0.

Dear Republicans:

giphy.gif
You will cry so hard. I literally dream of the day. You just may not see any light in your future, you may have the darkest thoughts of your life, and I’m going to be here, laughing my ass off

Back