• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you know it was over?

Aaaaand once again, Andy didn't get dominated. He literally didn't try. He was playing with The Chris and had stated before the fight he wanted Chris to win because "I tired, man".

Then, his leg broke. Does that mean Chris is the better fighter for sure? Still no, because The Chris' leg ALSO broke. And he got ACTUALLY DOMINATED by Luke. Re-watch that fight. THAT is what domination looks like.
Yeah sure he let a guy knock him the fuck out lmao

Aaaaand once again, Andy didn't get dominated. He literally didn't try. He was playing with The Chris and had stated before the fight he wanted Chris to win because "I tired, man".

Then, his leg broke. Does that mean Chris is the better fighter for sure? Still no, because The Chris' leg ALSO broke. And he got ACTUALLY DOMINATED by Luke. Re-watch that fight. THAT is what domination looks like.

I have this wonderful bridge, you can get it for cheap, trust me.

When Fedor got knocked by Hendo.

When Shogun got knocked by OSP.

When Gomi lost to Nick.

When Wand got knocked by Leben.

Its not that Sonnen hit that hard. He made the punches hard to predict so Silva didnt see them coming.

I dont buy that. He also got dropped by pillow fist bisping.

Earlier in his career he'd take bombs like nothing

I didn't see it live or anything, but when Matt Hughes beat Royce Gracie, you could tell MMA had well and truly moved on from its early days. Even Matt looked dismayed about it after the fight was over - the legend had fallen, and the mystique was forever gone.
I could watch Royce getting his head drubbed off the mat all day.
Had to roid to get a fake win over Saku. Had no business being in there with Hughes and the fight probably wouldn't even get sanctioned today. The longer I'm a fan of the sport, the more disdain I gain for certain members of the Gracie family.

I'll share a couple of recent times when I was right and when I was wrong.

1) Gaethje vs. Ferguson: Ferguson took one of the worst beatings in UFC history. Even though I didn't want to believe it, deep down, I knew Tony would never fight for a belt again.

2) Volkanovski vs. Holloway 3: In his last fight against Volk, Holloway looked slow and got outclassed. I thought he might still have some good wins in him but expected him to start fading and slowly drop in the rankings. Boy, was I wrong. Holloway looks better than ever.

Back