When did OT jump the shark?

Originally posted by K++s
Dude. No offense but you've been around for like 3 months. lsg is talking way before then...
No offense, I know it doesn't make a difference, but make that 5 months, as a lurker. ;)

Originally posted by shidokanartist
Hey! I have an Idea. Sip my runny, lumpy, tepid diarhea through a bendable straw and choke on it, preferably to termination.
Hey, thanks, but only if I can puke it all back through a cone into your nostril along with my wet cough plus a bundle of tapeworms feeding on the half digested hairy remains of a week old puppy... Or something like that.

Originally posted by Gunhead
No offense, I know it doesn't make a difference, but make that 5 months, as a lurker. ;)

That is very lame. You can lurk all you want, but until you get your feet wet by actually posting and getting feedback, you can't really get a feel for this forum.

Originally posted by no_gi
That is very lame. You can lurk all you want, but until you get your feet wet by actually posting and getting feedback, you can't really get a feel for this forum.

It's true. It's the difference between being a fan / spectator of a sport and actually playing the game...

I'll never forget the first time i got flamed...

*sigh*

I haven't been around as long as some of you guys, but what lsg said is right. I lurked around OT a long time before I actually registered because I knew I'd get my ass handed to me in a heartbeat. I used to come on this site and laugh all the time at what these guys had to say. Now, the noobs are running wild on here and it sucks. They have zero imagination when it comes to starting quality threads and the majority of them post useless stuff. The vets are what made it hilarious and sadly, with all the rules and stuff in place, they're being held back a bit.

Originally posted by Iron Angel
What exactly was the catalyst for OT's downward spiral? Did one particular vet's defection start it all off? One mod's demotion? One newbie too many?

I think it all started when OT finally trumped MMA in it's post count. Once victory was decided, it seemed that this forum started losing steam almost immediately.

Dang...nice av.

kimo/cancer incident started the downward spiral.

Originally posted by Derbeppo
kimo/cancer incident started the downward spiral.

ot had been heading into a bad direction even before that, the cancer incident just accelerated the downfall.

Originally posted by K++s
Interesting... True. There definintely needs to be more active OT mods in here besides the poping in... a couple quick dubs or bans and out again... It's a little too "strike force"... What you need is the benevolent dictator that you know is always around...

Just one question though on your evolution thing: Do you see this as a good thing or a bad thing or just a thing?

Just curious...

I'm not thinking it's a great thing. In the older days of the OT, a lot of the posts were editted or deleted instead of just instantly moved off into the booth so that the person can get the yellow cards. In fact, in the old days you didn't even have yellow cards. That's actually where the downfall of the OT started, with the yellow card. Before that, you didn't have people willing to accept a yellow card in order to look cool and break the rules. You broke a rule, you were given one more quick chance and then you had your head chopped off. And people took that seriously. There was nothing of this 'I'll wear my cards like a badge of honor' bullshit. You fucked up, you were gone.

Yeah it seems when OT was better, there was ALWAYS a mod or two on hand. Mods that tidied up rather then sweep it into the booth. This left the admins that were good posters more time to post. Hello Meatfist

Originally posted by Peter McNeil
I think its downfall started when too many people wanted to become the local OT rebel, too many guys trying too hard to be rebellious with something to prove, many posters I thought were extremely good became too focused on this bullshit and turned into chronic bitchers.

couldn't have said it any better.

I think it started after the Mr. Blue/Josh Barnett incident. I think that is what got a lot of people upset with the Administration and also got Sherdog thinking about cracking down on OT.

Great posts by P-Mick and LSG.

OT has always been cyclical and this last cycle has come to a close like any other epoch in the Sherdog tome, with a string of highly dramatic shitslinging fests and bannings of big names. But life goes on, and the fallen rest in the ground that newbies alike will tread upon. The higher the mountain of bodies, the closer to the heavens we can reach.

When I go to a hamburger place (I mean a real one. Not McD's type places) and the juice from the burger/tomato/pickles/ketchup/mustard/etc. forms a puddle in the middle of my plate...I like to dip my french (freedom?) fries in it.

Originally posted by Peter McNeil
I think its downfall started when too many people wanted to become the local OT rebel, too many guys trying too hard to be rebellious with something to prove, many posters I thought were extremely good became too focused on this bullshit and turned into chronic bitchers.

nuff said.

I'll be there next week, can you pick me up from the airport in a wrestler's mask?

This is my idol:
Pauline.jpg

It is because more people is getting interesed in MMA. the sport is getting bigger, thats why the administration is more stricted and the forums doesn

Back