1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

When did OT jump the shark?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Excelsior, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Gunhead Green Belt

No offense, I know it doesn't make a difference, but make that 5 months, as a lurker. ;)

2. Gunhead Green Belt

Hey, thanks, but only if I can puke it all back through a cone into your nostril along with my wet cough plus a bundle of tapeworms feeding on the half digested hairy remains of a week old puppy... Or something like that.

3. no_gi Willie's a cunt

That is very lame. You can lurk all you want, but until you get your feet wet by actually posting and getting feedback, you can't really get a feel for this forum.

4. K++s Silver Belt

It's true. It's the difference between being a fan / spectator of a sport and actually playing the game...

I'll never forget the first time i got flamed...

*sigh*

5. Jeremy Green Belt

I haven't been around as long as some of you guys, but what lsg said is right. I lurked around OT a long time before I actually registered because I knew I'd get my ass handed to me in a heartbeat. I used to come on this site and laugh all the time at what these guys had to say. Now, the noobs are running wild on here and it sucks. They have zero imagination when it comes to starting quality threads and the majority of them post useless stuff. The vets are what made it hilarious and sadly, with all the rules and stuff in place, they're being held back a bit.

6. Dang...nice av.

7. Derbeppo Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius

kimo/cancer incident started the downward spiral.

8. Inha Alistaja F_U_C_K your ads sherwood

ot had been heading into a bad direction even before that, the cancer incident just accelerated the downfall.

9. VOD Guest

I'm not thinking it's a great thing. In the older days of the OT, a lot of the posts were editted or deleted instead of just instantly moved off into the booth so that the person can get the yellow cards. In fact, in the old days you didn't even have yellow cards. That's actually where the downfall of the OT started, with the yellow card. Before that, you didn't have people willing to accept a yellow card in order to look cool and break the rules. You broke a rule, you were given one more quick chance and then you had your head chopped off. And people took that seriously. There was nothing of this 'I'll wear my cards like a badge of honor' bullshit. You fucked up, you were gone.

10. no_gi Willie's a cunt

Yeah it seems when OT was better, there was ALWAYS a mod or two on hand. Mods that tidied up rather then sweep it into the booth. This left the admins that were good posters more time to post. Hello Meatfist

11. WADEYNOW Guest

couldn't have said it any better.

12. ThRiLl MSgt. Mack "Dirt Diver" Gerhardt

I think it started after the Mr. Blue/Josh Barnett incident. I think that is what got a lot of people upset with the Administration and also got Sherdog thinking about cracking down on OT.

13. Kain Silver Belt

Great posts by P-Mick and LSG.

OT has always been cyclical and this last cycle has come to a close like any other epoch in the Sherdog tome, with a string of highly dramatic shitslinging fests and bannings of big names. But life goes on, and the fallen rest in the ground that newbies alike will tread upon. The higher the mountain of bodies, the closer to the heavens we can reach.

14. Alan At Takada Dojo Greatest American Hero

When I go to a hamburger place (I mean a real one. Not McD's type places) and the juice from the burger/tomato/pickles/ketchup/mustard/etc. forms a puddle in the middle of my plate...I like to dip my french (freedom?) fries in it.

15. Magic Man Guest

nuff said.

16. Alan At Takada Dojo Greatest American Hero

Please explain.

17. Magic Man Guest

Pauline Hanson.

18. Alan At Takada Dojo Greatest American Hero

You son-of-a-bitch!

Magic, come on up to Tokyo. We can hang out and be foreign.

19. Magic Man Guest

I'll be there next week, can you pick me up from the airport in a wrestler's mask?

This is my idol:
    [​IMG]

20. It is because more people is getting interesed in MMA. the sport is getting bigger, thats why the administration is more stricted and the forums doesn