1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

When did OT jump the shark?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Excelsior, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Alan At Takada Dojo Greatest American Hero

If I'm not mistaken, that's the Aussie Branch President of the Ku Klux Klan.

Regarding the airport, I would like you to clear something up for me. Should I be wearing the mask or will you arrive in a mask? Or perhaps you meant that we will both be without mask but I should arrive driving a mask, thus picking you up in a wrestler's mask?

2. Magic Man Guest

stupid, YOU will come pick me up IN a mask.

clearer?

duh! duh! DUH!

3. i think a number of things did OT in. shoddy decisions by the admins, most importantly the removal of the "special leniency" clause for OT.

having a moderating staff that would have been great if this were oct. 2002. unfortunately, many of the mods don't even post any more and the postwhores and idiots have taken note and crawled out of the woodwork.

a noticeable decline in the ppd of some of our best posters. for whatever reason, many of OT's finest just don't come around as often as they used to.

a lack of quality posters to replace the old guard. name me someone who signed up after february that's funny. there might be 3 or 4 but the new generation sucks for the most part.

the aforementioned complaining or whining or whatever you want to call it. people whine and then people whine about them whining and then people point out that whining about whining is whining, ad fucking nauseum.

the newbie invasion. newbs used to steer clear of this place for fear of getting massacred. not sure when this changed but it is to OT's detriment that it has. newbies suck, that's not something we all imagined, they really do. that's a fact.

the split between the administration and the OT vets. lsg is right, the admins and mods, some of them anyway, used to be a vital part of OT. Meat especially was a great poster. now all his time is spent cleaning up the mess that is this once great forum and answering pms from whiny cunts. when he does pop into OT he is inevitably attacked by someone not happy with a decision he's made. sad really.

there's probably other shit too, i just can't think of anything more right now. all i know is that some of the posters we've lost in the last couple months helped make this place great and the fact that we've lost so many in such a short period is not a coincidence.

4. Magic Man Guest

AM, that post resonates passion, understanding and eroticises me. Kudos.

5. donegal Red Belt

a lot of the people that left aren't even here that long animal mother. The place was here before them and will go on after them.

Even I will leave the flock soon and I won't get myself banned like some whinning little tart before I go.

6. shidokanartist De-Comp-Poser

Oh Yeah, we'll see about that man!

7. TJ Combo Stupid and proud of it.

Exactly! ROFL!

8. Inha Alistaja F_U_C_K your ads sherwood

the newbs still get flamed for posting stupid shit, they just don't give up and get the fuck out of ot like they used to. They stay and stay and stay and keep posting variations of "whatever, you have a high postcount, you must be a homo" to flames that were well thought out verbal assrapings. You can't get your point across to someone so stupid that he can't even realize when he's being ripped apart and made a laughingstock for the whole OT

9. There hasn't been an interesting topic in OT in six months or so. I never thought OT was terribly much different from Newbietown.

10. no_gi Willie's a cunt

The MMA fans who want things to remain PC should stay in MMA forum or Newbietown. OT is for intellects who realize that the internet is just the internet. Go with the flow or just fuck off.

11. VOD Guest

That's not true. I made about 30 interesting topics the other day. The admins didn't see the interest in them though.

12. VOD Guest

LISTEN TO THIS MAN BECAUSE HE KNOWS THE TRUTH. Right now we have like 11 mods and none of them are on the board for more than 8 or so minutes a day. Instead of taking the time out to clean the things up, delete the postwhoring, keep people in check... they make one sweep through a day and just throw everyone in the booth to get yellow carded. When there was a moderator that cleaned out the post whoring (hint hint) and would edit or delete instead of throw every offense in the booth things were running smoother.

13. K++s Silver Belt

I was particularly fond of the "Fashion Statement" thread. It gave me a chance to intelligently discuss chains as a fashion accessory and their social significance.

BTW, if the "no holds barred" rule of OT is gone, does that mean we can discuss Rickson Gracie here, now, as well?

14. no_gi Willie's a cunt

Never mind mod, make VOD an admin. This guy knows his chit

15. Excelsior Red Belt

What are the odds that the powers-that-be will read this and decide to create a new OT mod? (hint, hint)

16. Excelsior Red Belt

Let's not go overboard here. We need to keep SOME semblance of control.

17. FrogMan5000 Brown Belt

Didn't you resign your duties as mod though Vod?...have you thought about applying again to try and maintain some semblance of order?

18. K++s Silver Belt

Well, since we're talking about my ideas... I was also thinkin' to get rid of the dubs as a badge of honor (no offense, dude), you make it you have two weeks after the dubs are hit to shape up or your ass is banned after that time.... Oh and no yellow cards... dubs or banning...

Please note that my preferred form of government is a dictatorship though...

19. donegal Red Belt

I'm in OT more than 8 minutes a day.

Just ask my fuckin bastard boss

20. FrogMan5000 Brown Belt

We know and we love you for it Don.