When did OT jump the shark?

Excelsior

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What exactly was the catalyst for OT's downward spiral? Did one particular vet's defection start it all off? One mod's demotion? One newbie too many?

I think it all started when OT finally trumped MMA in it's post count. Once victory was decided, it seemed that this forum started losing steam almost immediately.

i think it was red getting ass fucked by the dog. it was all downhill from there.

its was ot members own doing. test the limits of the rules but don't break'em.

Aspirations towards stunning mediocrity seem to be the soup de jour. GOAL IN SIGHT!

I see Red as being a momentary highlight, a temporary spike in a gradually declining slope.

I think its downfall started when too many people wanted to become the local OT rebel, too many guys trying too hard to be rebellious with something to prove, many posters I thought were extremely good became too focused on this bullshit and turned into chronic bitchers.

I don't know when it really started but a huge part of the downward spiral was when the OT started losing its villians. The karmic balance was thrown off by the fact that the Schelcht, KickYourHead, Ualksdfjalskdj_Ualksdfjalskdjf and Red Sonja's of OT got banned.

There wasn't a foil anymore so people started feeling the need to do more shit disturbing instead of flaming the villians...

Thank god there's still Tommy Han... Or did i miss his banning as well?

Originally posted by K++s
I don't know when it really started but a huge part of the downward spiral was when the OT started losing its villians. The karmic balance was thrown off by the fact that the Schelcht, KickYourHead, Ualksdfjalskdj_Ualksdfjalskdjf and Red Sonja's of OT got banned.

There wasn't a foil anymore so people started feeling the need to do more shit disturbing instead of flaming the villians...

Thank god there's still Tommy Han... Or did i miss his banning as well?

That's a valid point. As much as we hate the shallow end of OT's gene pool, they do make the forums more interesting. Take Silver Wolf. Whether or not you agreed with him, he always got people's ire up and then the fun started.

Maybe 8th should post here more often.

red will be missed ....

oh but wait

K++s, that was a very good breakdown there buddy

Originally posted by shidokanartist
AHAHAHAHAHA! I could rub one out to that pic.....

red and her dogs.

Originally posted by Peter McNeil
I think its downfall started when too many people wanted to become the local OT rebel, too many guys trying too hard to be rebellious with something to prove, many posters I thought were extremely good became too focused on this bullshit and turned into chronic bitchers.

As usual, McNeil sums it up in a very succinct manner.... The politics took over something fierce as well...

1. Money's demise- Never seen anyone carry a thread like money did.

2. The forming of Global-

here's a nice one of her when she was posing as sophie

s.gif

Originally posted by karebear
red will be missed ....

oh but wait

Can we also get the pic of her alter-ego, sofia?

Originally posted by K++s
Can we also get the pic of her alter-ego, sofia?

see above .... great minds think alike. but fools rarely differ.

That Sherdog fucking red is pretty sweet. There is no way you can pinpoint this. There has been so much bullshit its too hard to figure it out

ON a slightly odd note, (i just noticed this in this thread) there appears to be a Canadian takeover of OT happening... I hope that isn't part of the reason for the downward spiral...

I agree with the lack of vilains, that brings posts, but indeed I believe that the politics took it down, people are cool, but they seem to forget it just for the need to be always on the spotlight complaining about anything that moves, that's something that keep users away from ot.

Back