• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when are you considered a UFC fighter

oh lord what did I do.....

giphy.gif

Il make my point more clear:

Being a "UFC fighter" doesn't carry the same weight it did as in years past because it is extremely watered down now with events like ufc espn 58. Where do we draw the line.

this worst espn card has me thinking

there are soooooooo many 'prospects' and up and comers in the UFC on small cards that to call yourself 'A UFC fighter' has kind of lost its luster.

To me, unless your ranked in the top ten your not officially a UFC fighter yet.

They should make minor league UFC and major league UFC (like MLB).

10-30 years ago you WERE a UFC fighter, it had meaning and respect, but now.....mehhh, not so much (until top 10) or wer on at least 1 PPV main card.
Ehh once you have one fight, id consider you a UFC fighter. Although this card is atrocious. I think he has more to do with the amount of sacrifice and work these guys put into their craft.. Once you've made it to the UFC, no matter the opponent, the card, nor the venue can take that title of UFC fighter from you. 95% of them have earned that oppurtunity to be there for one reason or another.

When Dana gives you a backdoor bonus you're officially in the Ultimate Proving Ground and can expect to fight once every four years for a cool 10/10.

When you fight in ufc you fight in ufc.
If you are ranked in top ten you are top ten ranked ufc fighter.

These things are pretty simple, no need to make it harder than it is.
You sound like you must hate all the new fancy genders.

This is a UFC fighter, who just fought on a televised ESPN card, after losing on Dana's Can Series.

A lot of these fights tonight were more suited for LFA prelims or Gladiator Challenge.

If you watch 500 fights you become a UFC blackbelt and your fists will be registered as deadly weapons. To become a UFC fighter you need to have watched 8 out of 10 fights on a card without going to the toilet.

Your not in the ufc until u defend the belt

UFC bought all those smaller organizations so there would be competition. This is what it is.

I'm pretty sure it's when you fight in the UFC. Just like you're an NFL player if you're on an NFL team.
No that is not the same at all.

For instance, When you play in the NFL as a rookie and your first game is against the chiefs...your playing against mahomes, kelce, etc.

Its not like you are the new guy on the Patriots and they play you against the Kansas City Cheifs practice squad until you get enough games under your belt.

When you enter the UFC you are fighting other new fighters or cans essentially until you get enough experience. this watered down development period in the UFC is the point I am trying to make.

Totally different set of circumstances.

Last edited:
1 fight is all it takes. After that, you can get cut and get more attention than normal on the regional circuit because of that badge next to your name.

When you fight in ufc you fight in ufc.
If you are ranked in top ten you are top ten ranked ufc fighter.

These things are pretty simple, no need to make it harder than it is.
Umm, out of 700 plus UFC fighters maybe 150-250 are worthy imo. It's not how it use to be, the UFC has been super oversaturated for a while now. Even though they're officially called "UFC fighters", there's way too many mid tier to low tier guys that need to be gotten rid of. We need to have quality over quantity once again. So yeah, the UFC badge doesn't hold as much weight as it use too imo.

Last edited:
IMO anyone under contract is a UFC fighter. What's gone down the toilet is "UFC-level." WME and ESPN made it meaningless.

Currently some "ufc fighters" are regional fighters with shitty gloves and a couple venom coupons.

"UFC level" means next to fuck all right now.

Back