whats your favourite car for under $50,000 ?

with the rarity of GN's now a day's I'm surprised they're not $50,00 right now lol.

I surprise surprise like the 89 GTA with a GN engine. mine was an 89 but it was a 350 net the v6 turbo.
those are so pretty rare now.

What year CHevelle do you have?

I have a 1970 ss 454 bored .30 over.

around 600 HP as well.

70 SS, orginally a 396 car swapped out for a 454 stroked currently to a 496. I've owned it for years and years and its gone through a decent amount of shifts -this is the current one. I don't drive it much anymore tho.

A buddy of mine used to beat bikes with his Typhoon -he blew up transmissions left and right tho, he was running some insane boost through his shit too. Those trucks (the Cyclone and the Typhoon) were bad fucking ass.

Yeah, they didn't exactly build up a 700R4/4L60 to handle that kind of power. Then again they never saw a 2004R snapping output shafts on a Turbo Buick either.

The kiss of death on that 4.3 in the GMC was bent connecting rods..especially if you jacked up the boost and beat the shit out of it on hot days. God forbid you put anything less than 93 octane in the tank.

with the rarity of GN's now a day's I'm surprised they're not $50,00 right now lol.

I surprise surprise like the 89 GTA with a GN engine. mine was an 89 but it was a 350 net the v6 turbo.

Only made 1555 of them, and Sam Kinison had to go destroy one of them.

If you come across a GNX, you're talking bug fucking money right there. GN's you can still get for reasonable prices -their turbos are scrap tho. I would swap that for something more modern

Nothing special, it just brings back memories, and I do miss the attention it got from the ladies.

Dan.jpg

Mine was aqua with a black rag. I wanted to paint it yellow after installing the body kit I never got around to purchasing. Stock, this is my favorite, followed by black on black with dark interior. I only like the black rags

Yeah, they didn't exactly build up a 700R4/4L60 to handle that kind of power. Then again they never saw a 2004R snapping output shafts on a Turbo Buick either.

The kiss of death on that 4.3 in the GMC was bent connecting rods..especially if you jacked up the boost and beat the shit out of it on hot days. God forbid you put anything less than 93 octane in the tank.

No doubt.

What was hilarious is this dude scammed his brand new from a dealer, so it was under warranty. He dropped the trans at least 3 times in 1 year -always replaced no questions asked- the 4tth time they told him 'look, we know what you're doing, and this is the last time we're replacing it' lol

He eventually made the switch over to an Eagle Talon.. he was big into all wheel drive potential (traction wins races on the street being his line of thinking) and at the time on the street, that car was viwed as the best bang for the buck.

Nothing special, it just brings back memories, and I do miss the attention it got from the ladies.

Dan.jpg

Mine was aqua with a black rag. I wanted to paint it yellow after installing the body kit I never got around to purchasing. Stock, this is my favorite, followed by black on black with dark interior. I only like the black rags

lol @ the Eclipse. I remember when those things were all the rage, that and the 3000 GT. The Eclipse Spider was decent from what I remember.

Bitches please. Hemi.

70barracudastevenelson.jpg

Dan.jpg

these give me bad memories. I sat in one and never got to drive it.

rented it in Florida weeks before landing there but of course with the small trunk space they had I couldn't fit my luggage on and when I jammed it shift I somehow broke the roof and it wouldn't close. I they couldn't fix it and had no more left. they gave me a Cherokee instead. now my friends dad had a late nineties Cherokee and that they thing was sick. what ever this new Cherokee they gave me was was garbage. had no power at all like felt like a 4 and it was garbage inside.

yup that's ny memories of the eclipse

these give me bad memories. I sat in one and never got to drive it.

rented it in Florida weeks before landing there but of course with the small trunk space they had I couldn't fit my luggage on and when I jammed it shift I somehow broke the roof and it wouldn't close. I they couldn't fix it and had no more left. they gave me a Cherokee instead. now my friends dad had a late nineties Cherokee and that they thing was sick. what ever this new Cherokee they gave me was was garbage. had no power at all like felt like a 4 and it was garbage inside.

yup that's ny memories of the eclipse

Lol, my box was the entire trunk (and they were only 10s). The beauty of the small backseat is it scares off would be taglongs...however if I had a buddy in the back who picked up a girl, they had to drybone just to fit in the damn thing. It's a great affordable single life car and the 2.4 models are incredible friendly when work needed done under the hood. Women love it!

Dan.jpg

Stripper car, IMO.

I've never been much of a Mustang guy, but those new ones (like this) are pretty awesome.

Chevy is really the only one that fucked up their retro. The newer Camaros look like shit imo. Its a shame too, I saw some proto-types that looked fucking awesome.

I like the new Camaros, but I really wish this had come out:

9f341483.jpg

Actually, I like all of the new throwbacks except the Challenger

1990 - 1994 was a better time. When you could get geo metro convertables.

90125011990415-480.jpg

Back