• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's up with Pereira wanting to fight every 3 months?

Doesn't he have a family to be around or enjoy life? I mean I get it if you are a non champion... but as a champion I don't know why would you continue to push for that? He wants once again to fight in August, why not enjoy the summer vacation and regroup? I don't think this is a good idea for your career , both mentally and physically is going to take a toll.

The guys like 84 years old, he doesnt have much fighting time left so wants to get the fights done and dusted

I don't think this is a good idea for your career , both mentally and physically
When you get your UFC title, be a lame champion like the other excuse making POS champs have. PICO Knows how a scared coward acts, he wrote the book on avoiding challenges - even when using his PEDs.
Alex has fought ALL that the ufc put in front of him. Anyone, period. No excuses. No ducking...he IS The Man! NO current champ has shown what Alex has shown.

There are many things that are much more important than money. Especially when you already have lots of them.
Of course, but what you consider "lots" of it?

Dont get me wrong, after a very successful career Pereira and his kids are probably set for life, but he hasnt made Mcgregor Money, Canelo Money, thats where you could say money isnt the reason, see Canelo, the man has made so much money he is probably saying no thanks to Saudi Money, thats lots of it, imho.

Pereira probably saw more money than he ever saw in his life after joining UFC, knows 40 is coming soon. Probably is dumping everything he has into the sport until it spits him out.

It's the kickboxers' mindset. (Mirko Crocop, Alistair Overeem, Israel Adesanya, Alex Pereira, etc.).

Yeah honestly...
Why does he want to fight and make money / build legacy?
I dont get it either.

Fighters should only fight like once a year.
This.
Wtf are you complaining about?

Feel blessed that we live in the time of the legend of Alex periera stepping up to save mma while certain others are too busy drinking and snorting certain substances to get in a cage.

When you get your UFC title, be a lame champion like the other excuse making POS champs have. PICO Knows how a scared coward acts, he wrote the book on avoiding challenges - even when using his PEDs.
Alex has fought ALL that the ufc put in front of him. Anyone, period. No excuses. No ducking...he IS The Man! NO current champ has shown what Alex has shown.
he should be p4p no 1 imo

It's always refreshing to have a champ like Pereira who wants to stay active. Not sure how Pereira will fight this summer. UFC 305 is in Australia, and they probably want Du Plessis vs. Adesanya to headline that event. UFC 306 already has Topuria and O'Malley, so I doubt they'll add Pereira there. Everything seems to be pointing towards UFC 307 in Abu Dhabi against Magomed Ankalaev. Throw in Islam vs. Tsarukyan, and we've got an awesome card.
well he found a way!

He's a real fighter, he loves fighting, he's old as fuck and is making more money than ever, plus upping his legacy.

Yeah man, because injuries, brain damage, being in camp away from your family while having dozen of millions in the bank is definitely the same as a normal dude working his job overtime.
Explain to me how sheltered you are that you don't understand how "normal dudes" are working intensive manual labor jobs every day, who abuse their bodies and mental health more than fighters. And they still manage to keep working longer careers, and work overtime, and have shitloads in the bank that was collected from hazard pay.

You think those dudes don't get injured, have brain damage, or take long contracts to work far away in other states or countries where they don't see their families for months on end?

Are you so beta that you can't understand why men in their prime have the drive to accomplish things, create legacies, and make money while they're able to?

Lets just say you're making a million a fight. Are you saying there is no temptation to fight more often? Especially in a career where your time is limited? Fuck dude, even for $100,000 a fight people will still want to fight often. And even if they're making 50 million a fight, they'll still want more. Because in the end people want to put in the time and work to make money so they can retire early and enjoy it.

You realize that eventually we all get old, and that our performance goes with it. And in this sport, that's certain death. And that shit comes quick for fighters.

He's on top of the world right now, and I can't imagine why he'd want to slow down when he's at his best. He should use the momentum while he still has it. Because he's not coming off of a war. He hasn't been KO'd multiple times in a row. He hasn't had huge injuries preventing him from fighting.

Alex will be done fighting soon enough, and he'll be happy he fought often enough to earn a fortune that will take care of him and his family instead of listening to people like you.

You do what you want to do with your life. But coming on here acting like what Alex is doing is beyond comprehension shows how ignorant you are of the whole situation.

Back